The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 November 2020, 08:41 PM   #31
mae71
Banned

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
Nice watch, but perhaps worth considering the 42mm white gold version. To my eyes, better looking and more restrained with not a trace of flash. Just a more subtle and refined model.
This is, of course, highly subjective!

I agree with this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mae71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 05:40 AM   #32
mimariani
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheronsgrief View Post

Adding a pic of mine
WOW, great pic. I recently asked my AD about it...:)
Date Just 41 - 126334
Sub - 14060m 2 liner
Tudor S&G
mimariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 06:03 PM   #33
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

PM clasps are huge scratch magnets , the larger glidelock clasp may look like a battlefield after a while. For that reason prefer the older model. Once you have found the two optimum straps the OysterFLEX straps keep the watch comfortable for the entire season. When season changes you need to start fiddling around with the three adjustment holes in the non glide clasp.
Sold mine BIG regret !

GreatCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 06:52 PM   #34
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
As much I love the Yacht-Master in general (I own the 116622), I struggle with Rolex coppery rose gold. That simply doesn't look like gold to me.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of black and gold colour combination, whether it's YG or even more so RG.

As for the black dial and black bezel, they don't belong in a premium luxury watch that should distinguish itself from a regular and utilitarian looking steel Submariner, to me at least.

Then there the oysteflex issue, can't re-size it (although it seems the latest clasp now offers some level of adjustment at least), difficult to remove, detracts from the elegance of the watch, it's really not for me in a gold piece.

I love the idea of a PM sports watch, but the YM is at the bottom of my list. The YG Sub 12x for instance wins hands down, IMHO. To me Rolex totally messed up the YM with the references 116655/126655 and 226659.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 08:58 PM   #35
PattayaHammerTime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
As much I love the Yacht-Master in general (I own the 116622), I struggle with Rolex coppery rose gold. That simply doesn't look like gold to me.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of black and gold colour combination, whether it's YG or even more so RG.

As for the black dial and black bezel, they don't belong in a premium luxury watch that should distinguish itself from a regular and utilitarian looking steel Submariner, to me at least.

Then there the oysteflex issue, can't re-size it (although it seems the latest clasp now offers some level of adjustment at least), difficult to remove, detracts from the elegance of the watch, it's really not for me in a gold piece.

I love the idea of a PM sports watch, but the YM is at the bottom of my list. The YG Sub 12x for instance wins hands down, IMHO. To me Rolex totally messed up the YM with the references 116655/126655 and 226659.

seems like you're an exception on this one basis the other comments, I've been wearing one for a good 2 years now and the compliments I get for it still after all this time keep coming, it's comfortable on the wrist, is perfect as a dress up or down watch and I personally don't like yellow gold so completely disagree with your first comments. But each to their own I guess
PattayaHammerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 09:46 PM   #36
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

It is like nothing else Rolex makes. Which is a statement in itself. I dig it
NYG1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 02:39 AM   #37
nosignalbmwdriver
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Skydwelli
The 116655 is a huge bargain if you can live without the extra gold in the larger clasp. Movement and glidelock are irrelevant to me. This piece has been on my radar for awhile. Just don't know about the oysterflex and how the rubber surface wears overtime vs the AP and Patek rubber straps.
nosignalbmwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 02:35 PM   #38
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: The HYPED ones
You won’t regret it. Under the radar but still a little flashy. Beautiful color combo and the OF is amazing. As someone mentioned I do recommend buying from an AD, the watch may be fitted to an OF that isn’t your size, and they would have to source one from Rolex that fits your wrist. I had this happen, and I took some advice from this forum and insisted the watchmaker change my strap. Not the SA or Manager - heard some horror stories on here. Also, yes it can scratch easily but that’s any PM watch.
Sub*Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 07:48 PM   #39
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattayaHammerTime View Post
seems like you're an exception on this one basis the other comments, I've been wearing one for a good 2 years now and the compliments I get for it still after all this time keep coming, it's comfortable on the wrist, is perfect as a dress up or down watch and I personally don't like yellow gold so completely disagree with your first comments. But each to their own I guess
good for you
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 09:38 PM   #40
Jonnewbank
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610lv, 124060,
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
I honestly think this is the ONLY gold Rolex that you should buy the Rose gold and not the white gold version. The black bezel and strap means it's very wearable, practical and not too flashy. The white gold iteration, to me, almost looks like a normal Sub on Oysterflex

Came across this a year late! I would disagree!

Jonnewbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 11:30 PM   #41
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
I have the smaller 37mm because I have a small wrist and don’t like large watches. I can tell you having owned almost all the popular 40mm steel pieces, new and old, nothing really compares to the rose gold YM.

In terms of wearability, it goes with just about anything. It dresses up really well, and for a solid gold Rolex, dresses down even better. There’s nothing in terms of clothing the black and rose gold doesn’t match or look good with. And the fact that as others have stated it’s mostly matte black with the bezel and bracelet, it flies way under the radar - a huge plus in my opinion.

It just works.

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 11:53 PM   #42
www777
"TRF" Member

Stunning piece!
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 12:31 AM   #43
seadubs
"TRF" Member

I have one and love it, its amazing.
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 06:52 AM   #44
Jonnewbank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
I have the smaller 37mm because I have a small wrist and don’t like large watches. I can tell you having owned almost all the popular 40mm steel pieces, new and old, nothing really compares to the rose gold YM.

In terms of wearability, it goes with just about anything. It dresses up really well, and for a solid gold Rolex, dresses down even better. There’s nothing in terms of clothing the black and rose gold doesn’t match or look good with. And the fact that as others have stated it’s mostly matte black with the bezel and bracelet, it flies way under the radar - a huge plus in my opinion.

It just works.

Your wrist isn’t that small!

Old 12 November 2021, 06:55 AM   #45
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnewbank View Post
Your wrist isn’t that small!

It's 6.5 inches, so it's not tiny ... But it's small enough that I just don't like how the newer 6 digit 40mm's wear on my wrist. With the exception of the Daytona, which wears very small.
Old 12 November 2021, 07:13 AM   #46
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Great pics on this thread.
If Rolex makes a 42mm in Rose, I’m in!
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 07:17 AM   #47
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

Old 12 November 2021, 07:51 AM   #48
mimariani
"TRF" Member

Great Pics, you nailed it.
Date Just 41 - 126334
Sub - 14060m 2 liner
Tudor S&G
Old 12 November 2021, 07:52 AM   #49
mimariani
"TRF" Member

Thanks again to everyone, I ended up pulling the trigger, and absolutely love it. It is really comfortable, and can wear with almost anything.
I'm a huge Fan.
Date Just 41 - 126334
Sub - 14060m 2 liner
Tudor S&G
Old 12 November 2021, 07:52 AM   #50
mimariani
"TRF" Member

Great pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbarrack View Post
i have the smaller 37mm because i have a small wrist and don’t like large watches. I can tell you having owned almost all the popular 40mm steel pieces, new and old, nothing really compares to the rose gold ym.

In terms of wearability, it goes with just about anything. It dresses up really well, and for a solid gold rolex, dresses down even better. There’s nothing in terms of clothing the black and rose gold doesn’t match or look good with. And the fact that as others have stated it’s mostly matte black with the bezel and bracelet, it flies way under the radar - a huge plus in my opinion.

It just works.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
Date Just 41 - 126334
Sub - 14060m 2 liner
Tudor S&G
Old 12 November 2021, 08:19 AM   #51
Jonnewbank
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's 6.5 inches, so it's not tiny ... But it's small enough that I just don't like how the newer 6 digit 40mm's wear on my wrist. With the exception of the Daytona, which wears very small.

Mines about 6.8, I can just pull the 42 off, also ordered the forty in rose as it’s now got glidelock.

The forty doesn’t wear like a gmt or sub, much different. You’d easy pull it off if you ever change!

Old 12 November 2021, 10:55 AM   #52
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnewbank View Post
Mines about 6.8, I can just pull the 42 off, also ordered the forty in rose as it’s now got glidelock.

The forty doesn’t wear like a gmt or sub, much different. You’d easy pull it off if you ever change!

That’s good to know!

Yeah I had just owned and tried so many of the new 40mms and I found them to always take up too much space on my wrist for my liking and never found them comfortable.

I honestly really like the 37mm size. The clasp is much thinner, the watch is only 10mm thick and I like the way it sits on my wrist. I think if I went with a modern 40 again I’d probably pony up for a Daytona.

Old 12 November 2021, 11:44 AM   #53
Gobee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s good to know!

Yeah I had just owned and tried so many of the new 40mms and I found them to always take up too much space on my wrist for my liking and never found them comfortable.

I honestly really like the 37mm size. The clasp is much thinner, the watch is only 10mm thick and I like the way it sits on my wrist. I think if I went with a modern 40 again I’d probably pony up for a Daytona.

I agree with you. I have the ym37 TT. The case is very nice and fits perfect for smaller wrist. The bezel with the raised numerals also makes it unique. enjoy
Gobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2021, 11:45 PM   #54
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Probably my favorite yacht master.

Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2021, 12:15 AM   #55
BevoRancher
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
Probably my favorite yacht master.

Definitely my favorite YM. I tried on the RG40 last year and now regret passing on it.

BevoRancher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2021, 04:54 PM   #56
macotono
"TRF" Member

To the guys who own it, mine is a few weeks old 126656 and I love it, but the clasp scratches! How are yours holding up? My case is still looking great, I worry about the lugs and the edges as Everose seems to be so soft…

macotono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2021, 07:37 PM   #57
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macotono View Post
To the guys who own it, mine is a few weeks old 126656 and I love it, but the clasp scratches! How are yours holding up? My case is still looking great, I worry about the lugs and the edges as Everose seems to be so soft…

This is the only big advantage of the older one, the 116655 has a significant smaller clasp! A huge glidelock clasp made of relative soft gold is designwise maybe not the best idea….
Old 17 November 2021, 07:54 PM   #58
Neom
Banned

I loved it at first, but find it quite boring nowadays - a bit bland to my taste
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2021, 02:01 AM   #59
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCircle View Post
This is the only big advantage of the older one, the 116655 has a significant smaller clasp! A huge glidelock clasp made of relative soft gold is designwise maybe not the best idea….

Yes, the clasp is big but I kinda like it because it gives me the impression of a full gold bracelet without it been one. I love the watch but man i see like hairlines and swirls I have no idea where they come from. I guess once is time for service they can all be taken care of at once.

macotono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2021, 02:11 AM   #60
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macotono View Post

The clasp is always going to get hairlines quicker than the case because it’s on the bottom of your wrist and more likely to come into contact with other surfaces. I have a 126655 and my clasp also had picked up minor hairlines early on in ownership. It can be sorted during service time. Just make sure to practice wrist awareness.

The Glidelock comes in handy because the Oysterflex bracelets have significant size differences between each so the Glidelock allows fine tuning of the fitment.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote