The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 29 May 2021, 03:04 AM   #1
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

Watch: and be amazed.
USPS Investigation starting for missing item

I was expecting a delivery yesterday that required a signature. I received an email stating that the item had been delivered. Only it had not... at least not that I have seen.

On the USPS website you can request a signature verification to see who signed for it. I requested the verification and was surprised to see my name scratched on the verification. Only it wasn't my signature.

I sent an email to the USPS stating that my name had been signed for the verification only, I had not signed for it. I received a call this morning from a very nice lady at the USPS stating that it was signed for by the carrier due to COVID protocol preventing customer contact to acquire the signature.

She did state that there are some strange inconsistencies with the delivery receipt. For example, she asked me if my address was a business or a residence ( its a residence ). Apparently on the receipt it stated "Package left at reception desk". I don't have a reception desk. She said there are also a couple of procedural inconsistencies that she couldn't reveal to me, but said she would be talking to our local Post Master about.

She said she is starting an investigation as to where my package was actually delivered, if in fact it was. Conveniently, the carrier who signed for the package, left for vacation today so there will be a delay. We will see how this pans out.

Old 29 May 2021, 03:07 AM   #2
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Good luck.

Sounds like a lot of red flags. Hopefully it ends well.
Old 29 May 2021, 03:37 AM   #3
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Best of luck
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 03:39 AM   #4
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Man oh Man, Good Luck Paul...

Was it a DavidSW delivery? Ha
THC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 03:55 AM   #5
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Man oh Man, Good Luck Paul...

Was it a DavidSW delivery? Ha
Thankfully no, but it was still a relatively expensive item.
Old 29 May 2021, 04:39 AM   #6
quakeroatmeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Watch
I purchased a somewhat pricey vintage Mickey Watch about 2 years ago. I had it shipped to my office, since generally its safer to receive deliveries there (I'm here or someone else is all day to sign, and we've been in the same location since the 70s).

But then I got a notification that it was delivered on a Sunday. My first thought was since when does USPS deliver on Sundays? That's the one day no one would be in the office... Very strange. I did my best to have them investigate, I called and I called, I even tweeted, wrote emails, did everything I possibly could.

It went no where, and the seller couldn't do much since it was "signed" and delivered, and a "photo was taken". The photos weren't even of the right address, but even then, I was pretty screwed.

Good luck!
quakeroatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 04:46 AM   #7
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
If you go to your post office they can GPS where it was dropped off.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 06:04 AM   #8
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
So sorry to hear of this hassle but I'm glad they're investigating. My fingers are crossed they can get to the bottom of this and locate your package as there was clearly some sort of mix-up.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 06:15 AM   #9
Haveapair
Banned

Oy the postman just left town with your Panda!
Haveapair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 06:26 AM   #10
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
That bites....hopefully there is a good ending on this.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 06:28 AM   #11
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear this Paul. I hope you get your stuff before too long.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 06:53 AM   #12
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Good luck, hope all ends well for you.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 07:15 AM   #13
SWS65SM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Sorry to hear and best of luck with the eventual retrieval.

Could be an unfortunate byproduct of covid-era delivery, all the couriers do this kind of stuff here (not sure about the rest of the country) as a "best-effort" to deliver packages, where the delivery guy just sign for the recipient wherever the package is being dropped off. Has happened to all of my watch incomings this past year even when I'm physically at the house! It looks like in your case the package went to a wrong place. Keep us posted and still have a great rest of the long weekend
SWS65SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 01:24 PM   #14
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
If you go to your post office they can GPS where it was dropped off.
This is true. I was unaware of this until I too had a missing package a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the GPS showed the package last scanned near my mailbox. I live in a gated community with only 5 other houses and all mailboxes are together, so no telling which box it was left in.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 03:09 PM   #15
Cazador60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster
The Postal Inspection Service of USPS is the investigative/Detective arm of the USPS. I would ask if the the investigation is in the hands of the Postal Inspector and who the case agent/inspector is. If its "In House" at the post office then it's not a "real investigation" only a case of Tracking the parcel . If you don't get the right answers, then do your online research and send a letter/Inquiry to the US Postal Inspector and keep the fire lit on them until they get back to you with satisfactory answers.
Cazador60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 09:55 PM   #16
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
That bites Paul. Unfortunately this is a sign of the times.

Had a client use Fed Ex to deliver a bank check to an out of state business a while back. Lost. And no signature. Advised them to put a stop payment of the check. Took a while for bank to put the money back in the account.

Now they are going to try USPS. I reminded them that the USPS still has their COVID change in practice policy listed on their website. I also spoke with a local USPS branch yesterday who advised me that here is still no uniform country wide policy on signatures.

Good luck!
Old 29 May 2021, 09:55 PM   #17
keithl
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
The exact same thing happened to me, I got a lot of miss information from them but they tracked it down, happened on a Friday and I think I got the package on the following Tuesday. They had someone ride along with the drive to retrace his route, since it was left at a reception desk the package was still there since no one claimed it. It shouldn't be hard to find, just have to stay on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre38 View Post
I was expecting a delivery yesterday that required a signature. I received an email stating that the item had been delivered. Only it had not... at least not that I have seen.

On the USPS website you can request a signature verification to see who signed for it. I requested the verification and was surprised to see my name scratched on the verification. Only it wasn't my signature.

I sent an email to the USPS stating that my name had been signed for the verification only, I had not signed for it. I received a call this morning from a very nice lady at the USPS stating that it was signed for by the carrier due to COVID protocol preventing customer contact to acquire the signature.

She did state that there are some strange inconsistencies with the delivery receipt. For example, she asked me if my address was a business or a residence ( its a residence ). Apparently on the receipt it stated "Package left at reception desk". I don't have a reception desk. She said there are also a couple of procedural inconsistencies that she couldn't reveal to me, but said she would be talking to our local Post Master about.

She said she is starting an investigation as to where my package was actually delivered, if in fact it was. Conveniently, the carrier who signed for the package, left for vacation today so there will be a delay. We will see how this pans out.

keithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 09:55 PM   #18
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador60 View Post
The Postal Inspection Service of USPS is the investigative/Detective arm of the USPS. I would ask if the the investigation is in the hands of the Postal Inspector and who the case agent/inspector is. If its "In House" at the post office then it's not a "real investigation" only a case of Tracking the parcel . If you don't get the right answers, then do your online research and send a letter/Inquiry to the US Postal Inspector and keep the fire lit on them until they get back to you with satisfactory answers.
This.
Old 29 May 2021, 10:43 PM   #19
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Hope it works out Paul.
Old 30 May 2021, 03:59 AM   #20
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Hope it works out, I wish I could say I was surprised but my experience with the USPS tells me otherwise
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 07:41 AM   #21
Mifune
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakeroatmeal View Post
My first thought was since when does USPS deliver on Sundays?
pretty much every USPS station since, nearly forever... at least the last decade or so.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 03:54 PM   #22
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Sorry to hear about this. Good Luck getting it sorted out quickly!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 12:05 PM   #23
rvbert8
"TRF" Member

Dealing with this issue as a seller. Lost the first claim bc it showed as delivered and signed despite the gps coordinates being wrong and wrong signature. Don’t have much faith for the appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rvbert8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 06:38 AM   #24
motiontimers
Banned

Good luck, hope it all ends well.
motiontimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2021, 09:45 AM   #25
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

So this is the current situation...

The post office said that it was delivered and due to Covid restrictions, they are not allowed to make contact with the customer, so the carrier signed for the package and left it... somewhere. ( Although they can't say where. They said the package was scanned near my address.) I was told that in order to recover anything, I would need to contact the company that I ordered from and have them report it as a loss.

I contacted the company and they told me that since the package was delivered and signed for, it was not their problem. ( Which I totally understand )

It appears that I will need to contact the Postal Inspector for my region. We will see how it goes. I am not a Happy Camper.
Old 2 June 2021, 10:31 AM   #26
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm sorry to hear this, Paul. What a nightmare it sounds like but I hope they're able to delve deeper when the postal inspector takes over. This is brutal.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2021, 12:13 PM   #27
RichM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Just because the PO delivered it to the wrong address, that doesn’t make it yours. I hope whoever did get your package, does the right thing and returns it either to you or the PO. I know I would.

Hope it all works out for you.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 08:16 AM   #28
SWS65SM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre38 View Post
So this is the current situation...

The post office said that it was delivered and due to Covid restrictions, they are not allowed to make contact with the customer, so the carrier signed for the package and left it... somewhere. ( Although they can't say where. They said the package was scanned near my address.) I was told that in order to recover anything, I would need to contact the company that I ordered from and have them report it as a loss.

I contacted the company and they told me that since the package was delivered and signed for, it was not their problem. ( Which I totally understand )

It appears that I will need to contact the Postal Inspector for my region. We will see how it goes. I am not a Happy Camper.
Any update on this? Did local post authority end up doing anything for you at least in chasing down the package?
SWS65SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 03:50 PM   #29
tmmii
"TRF" Member

I’ve had similar things happen on things I’ve sold on eBay. It’ll show delivered, FedEx won’t hardly look into it because it shows as delivered and whoever gets it rather than call in will just deliver it on their own schedule a few weeks later. Hoping this is the same situation for you.
tmmii is offline   Reply With Quote