The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 20 December 2016, 07:33 PM   #121
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
I can now say with certainty that I will never buy a SubC or probably any modern Rolex. The fact that long time TRF members were arguing over authenticity of a highly zoomed 3135 movement has spooked me immensely. I've seen a few chinese clones and there was nothing I could see in the initial pics that looked fake. NOTHING. If they're getting that good I'm out. I'll never own a SD4K.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 04:27 AM   #122
Mnicolini300
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
I can now say with certainty that I will never buy a SubC or probably any modern Rolex. The fact that long time TRF members were arguing over authenticity of a highly zoomed 3135 movement has spooked me immensely. I've seen a few chinese clones and there was nothing I could see in the initial pics that looked fake. NOTHING. If they're getting that good I'm out. I'll never own a SD4K.

I believe fakes are getting really good but I wouldn't steer away from them just yet as many reputable dealers on trf will certainly make sure you don't get screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mnicolini300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 04:46 AM   #123
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Take a close look at the bottom of case pic where the end links mate up to the case! Crude. My genuine Hulk does not look like that, I will repeat, the watch is a higher end replica, but not the real deal. I am wearing my Hulk as I type this.
Not wearing a Hulk but I agree it's fake or Franken. Bezel color is off and font size is not consistent for all numbers. There is a definite crudeness that one doesn't see on an authentic Hulk.
HeartRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 05:09 AM   #124
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Watch was 100% genuine - are you reading the thread?
Old 21 December 2016, 05:50 AM   #125
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Watch was 100% genuine - are you reading the thread?
Yes thank you, I AM reading and noted issues on the bezel which many have also questioned. Now I look forward to hearing the updated report from RSC when the watch is fully serviced and returned.

For whatever reason it seems the "is it authentic" threads seem to take a nasty turn, which doesn't make sense because this is suppose to be a forum where people can and will speculate. There is also the likelihood that comments may not post immediately and/or overlap with a new response.

Please calm down...it's watch forum, we're not trying to cure cancer.
Old 21 December 2016, 05:58 AM   #126
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartRolex View Post
Yes

Please calm down...it's watch forum, we're not trying to cure cancer.
Trust me I am calm, just thought you had missed the conclusion circa page 2 and 3.
The movement is surely genuine.

But I agree "we are not here to cure cance" - just identify fakes lol
Old 21 December 2016, 10:05 AM   #127
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Trust me I am calm, just thought you had missed the conclusion circa page 2 and 3.
The movement is surely genuine.

But I agree "we are not here to cure cance" - just identify fakes lol
Thanks, just confirming that my initial and later posts were about the bezel and coincide with similar comments. I'm always happy to see fakes identified so we can be sure there is one less person being taken advantage of.
Old 22 December 2016, 04:03 AM   #128
MattCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/ROLEX
Are the people commenting experts technicians?
Everyone talking like the are into watchmaking since years.... And i don't think most of the posters even opened a Rolex case back.
Old 23 December 2016, 04:34 AM   #129
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiamalchiodi View Post
Are the people commenting experts technicians?
Everyone talking like the are into watchmaking since years.... And i don't think most of the posters even opened a Rolex case back.

Lol this made my day
Old 23 December 2016, 05:31 AM   #130
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:

This is why I stay with my Rolex AD. I will pay a little more if need be to not have to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 05:57 AM   #131
mapalfa
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the grass grow
Quote:
I have to say I'm tempted to agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnicolini300 View Post
I believe fakes are getting really good but I wouldn't steer away from them just yet as many reputable dealers on trf will certainly make sure you don't get screwed.
As said above if people with hundreds of years experience between them of looking closely at photos of movements, plus others with genuine technical experience, can get into this big a dog fight over whether or not this particular one is genuine, then I've absolutely no doubt whatsoever that any seller (no matter how honest and genuine) could get caught out. The fact that they don't intend to pass on a fake wouldn't alter the fact that one could be passed on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
This is why I stay with my Rolex AD. I will pay a little more if need be to not have to worry about it.
I've bought Rolex, Tudor, Omega, Grand Seiko and Breitling from ebay, plus Tudor and Hublot from high street used dealers, but I'm going to be taking a lot more care in future after this case has polarised opinions so much. I'm not really in the AD income bracket, and normally prefer to buy a few more decent used pieces than save for one BNIB from an AD, but that might have to change.
mapalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2016, 06:25 AM   #132
Max Payne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seriously, if the long time members here can't identify a Sub being THAT obviously genuine, they are not interested in Rolex watches, blind or doing something wrong.
The problem is, that people think post count equals reputation, which it doesn't.
Some assertions in this thread made me cringe.
People with absolutely ZERO knowledge come by and make a false statements so confident, it makes me jealous of their self-awareness!
No one blames you, if you don't know something and admit it or keep quiet though.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2016, 06:47 AM   #133
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
In my honest opinion, as long as you go by the TRF Golden Rule, "Buy the seller, not the watch", you should not worry about buying a pre-owned watch of any kind. Plenty of trustworthy sellers here. This is where I bought my first 'high end' watch. I would never risk thousands of dollars to someone unknown to me, regardless of any money back guarantee.
Old 25 December 2016, 08:56 AM   #134
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
was there any laser etching ?
amg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2016, 08:58 AM   #135
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
Yes
A
Old 25 December 2016, 08:58 AM   #136
Max Payne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
Yes, so it must be fake.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2016, 09:09 AM   #137
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Having read through this thread, it really is scary. I think all my future purchases will be through an AD. As much as I'd like to think that TR know their stuff but you just don't really know, do you?
amg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 02:32 AM   #138
indywatchguy
"TRF" Member

Yes LV is fake....lume tells it all...to dim.
indywatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 06:05 PM   #139
rolexhuakbar
"TRF" Member

The OP's photos are very bad quality, makes everything look cruddy and fake. but as cruddy as the photos are, it cant make the adjustment screws disappear.. what happened to the adjustment screws? if I can see the spokes I should be able to see the screws which are about just as thick. I call fake on this one.... or maybe a clearer photo will reveal?
rolexhuakbar is offline   Reply With Quote