The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 31 May 2018, 03:28 PM   #241
dnptrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Ouch. Effective and responsive communication is a two way street.
I actually meant that as a compliment with 27k+ purchases - but I see what you mean how that comes across poor on my part
dnptrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 03:44 PM   #242
dnptrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
How dare they, actually answering your question, just who do they think they are?

Unless there is something missing from the post, giving the nature of your last message to them I'm surprised they even bothered to reply, I wouldn't have.
The reputation thing was meant as a compliment. I can see where it reads differently. (Insert youtube for Key and Peele Text Confusion)

I have attempted talking to them before with similar results, then started looking into them, leading me here.

I don't see how this is answering the question at all. I've had similar conversations with a lot of sellers over the last couple of months looking for the right piece. Not sure how retail works in all areas, but a seller with that much movement should be able to do a quick inventory check to read something like "we have a 3 K, 5 F, 44 Y" etc. Which would lead to figuring out which is in the best condition.
Old 31 May 2018, 10:27 PM   #243
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnptrs View Post
The reputation thing was meant as a compliment. I can see where it reads differently. (Insert youtube for Key and Peele Text Confusion)

I have attempted talking to them before with similar results, then started looking into them, leading me here.

I don't see how this is answering the question at all. I've had similar conversations with a lot of sellers over the last couple of months looking for the right piece. Not sure how retail works in all areas, but a seller with that much movement should be able to do a quick inventory check to read something like "we have a 3 K, 5 F, 44 Y" etc. Which would lead to figuring out which is in the best condition.
You do realize the amount of time you’ve spent posting on here, you could have sent another email (without what seems like a rude tone) and ask ‘hey! Definitely interested in purchasing, could you please verify for me the exact model serials you have in stock? Would be greatly beneficial in my decision making process. Thanks in advance!’

Quite frankly you’re acting kind of silly.

dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 11:20 PM   #244
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I am afraid your communication style was 75% of the issue. A better framed question could have been sent to begin with. If your other queries were framed in the same manner as the exchange you shared, I think Beckertime was very patient and responsive. They aren’t mind-readers.

But setting that aside, a prospective buyer on eBay can also be a competitor in “buyer’s clothing”. So your expectation of a detailed inventory exposition to your final question may be unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2018, 12:05 AM   #245
dnptrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
You do realize the amount of time you’ve spent posting on here, you could have sent another email
This part sounds just like the email I sent to beckertime.

Quote:
‘hey! Definitely interested in purchasing, could you please verify for me the exact model serials you have in stock? Would be greatly beneficial in my decision making process. Thanks in advance!’

Quite frankly you’re acting kind of silly.

I think you're looking for is "acted kind of silly" - which I'd agree with. The rest of your message is a solid way to approach it/future inquiries. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
But setting that aside, a prospective buyer on eBay can also be a competitor in “buyer’s clothing”. So your expectation of a detailed inventory exposition to your final question may be unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Implied tone aside, this is a VERY valid point. 99% novice on the watch buying experience on ebay (one other). Most used purchases have been in person. Appreciate the thoughtful response.

TL;DR - I need to use the phone from now on.
Old 1 June 2018, 12:19 AM   #246
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This part sounds just like the email I sent to beckertime.

I think you're looking for is "acted kind of silly" - which I'd agree with. The rest of your message is a solid way to approach it/future inquiries. Thank you.
No, my tense was entirely appropriate, as up until this post, you were still trying to justify your logic. And look, again, even here with your response to myself, you come across as slightly snarky with that comment. Who cares even if my tense was incorrect, we’re trying to help you

Perhaps you should stick to the phone/in person.
Old 1 June 2018, 12:35 AM   #247
dnptrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, my tense was entirely appropriate, as up until this post, you were still trying to justify your logic. And look, again, even here with your response to myself, you come across as slightly snarky with that comment. Who cares even if my tense was incorrect, we’re trying to help you

Perhaps you should stick to the phone/in person.

My response to your first part is meant to be snarky. And my response to the second part of your message where you are actually helpful is sincere.

I've admitted my mistake (and contacted becker) - unfortunately I can't edit my post to mark that, so here we are.

I really do appreciate the thoughtful responses and will approach my ebay purchases in another way.
Old 1 June 2018, 12:43 AM   #248
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My response to your first part is meant to be snarky. And my response to the second part of your message where you are actually helpful is sincere.

I've admitted my mistake (and contacted becker) - unfortunately I can't edit my post to mark that, so here we are.

I really do appreciate the thoughtful responses and will approach my ebay purchases in another way.
Thus showcasing your immaturity. Everyone is tying to tell you that you’re the one who is actually out of line and you deem it appropriate to be snarky to those who try and help you What’s funnier is that your attempt at humor fails anyways, as the logic behind it is wrong

But no worries, good luck finding your watch, I have nothing else to say.