The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 14 September 2010, 09:24 PM   #31
Nicko
Banned

Dalip, he's at it again, sending me emails proclaiming his innocence...I still can't make heads or tails out of it, as it's appears to have been typed using Google Translator

Anyway, it sounds like a load of rubbish, it appears he can come here and read the posts, great job Tristan, maybe you can get one of you "Friendly Forum" buddies to come over here and slap our backs..

Pathological to say the least, same Modus Operandi, different venue but history WILL repeat itself I'm sure.
Old 14 September 2010, 09:31 PM   #32
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Dalip, thanks for posting this. It really is sad what happened. I'm just glad you didn't taken for more. It just goes to show us that we have to be careful at all times. As others have stated, you were a gentleman through out and he took advantage of that. Karma will catch up with him eventually. I hope you get your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Anyway, it sounds like a load of rubbish, it appears he can come here and read the posts, great job Tristan, maybe you can get one of you "Friendly Forum" buddies to come over here and slap our backs..
He's probably just logging in as a guest. Btw, who are the 'Friendly Forum' buddies?

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Old 14 September 2010, 10:02 PM   #33
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokyuryoku View Post
Dalip, thanks for posting this. It really is sad what happened. I'm just glad you didn't taken for more. It just goes to show us that we have to be careful at all times. As others have stated, you were a gentleman through out and he took advantage of that. Karma will catch up with him eventually. I hope you get your money back.

He's probably just logging in as a guest. Btw, who are the 'Friendly Forum' buddies?
Try the 3rd result down on the page....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22friendly+rolex+forum%22
Old 14 September 2010, 10:13 PM   #34
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Try the 3rd result down on the page....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22friendly+rolex+forum%22
Come on Steve, you're above attacking another forum. There are many members here that are also members of TKF. I'm saddened that your reception wasn't the best and that they didn't heed your warnings, but that's no reason to lump them all into the same group as Bassethounds. I know how angry you are and it's totally understandable. Rest assured he'll no doubt get the boot from there too if he tries any sort of scheme.

Old 14 September 2010, 10:16 PM   #35
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks123 View Post
I am new, and I have been lurking on TRF for a long time and I am sorry to hear that. I have seen a lot of posts between Leo and Tristan, since Leo and Tristan are really good friends, what does Leo have to say about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Swede View Post
Just like you I'm sorry to hear this.

I need to clarify something here.

What I meant by my post "I'm sorry to hear this" is not that I'm taking sides but rather I'm sorry to see this whole ordeal appear as I've alwaways considered both Dalip & Tristan to be my friends and I'm deeply concerned.

I'm not considering Tristan a conman but rather a victim of unfortunate circumstances and I still hope and pray for a friendly solution.
Old 14 September 2010, 10:29 PM   #36
bb3188
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Come on Steve, you're above attacking another forum. There are many members here that are also members of TKF. I'm saddened that your reception wasn't the best and that they didn't heed your warnings, but that's no reason to lump them all into the same group as Bassethounds. I know how angry you are and it's totally understandable. Rest assured he'll no doubt get the boot from there too if he tries any sort of scheme.
agreed Ryan. Steve, set aside the individual in this example, I think it is unfair to target TKF as a community.......... there are many good moderators and members there as is exactly the situation here.

I think it is in poor taste to cast such an unsavoury shadow on TKF as a whole. I ususlly do not post outside of the vintage section but i feel strongly that this needs to be said (as I would if I felt someone was chastising the Rolex Forum in a similar fashion, in any other forum)

Old 14 September 2010, 10:32 PM   #37
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbrass3188 View Post
agreed Ryan. Steve, set aside the individual in this example, I think it is unfair to target TKF as a community.......... there are many good moderators and members there as is exactly the situation here.

I think it is in poor taste to cast such an unsavoury shadow on TKF as a whole. I ususlly do not post outside of the vintage section but i feel strongly that this needs to be said (as I would if I felt someone was chastising the Rolex Forum in a similar fashion, in any other forum)

Fair enough, I'll stay out of it.
Old 14 September 2010, 10:39 PM   #38
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
This could perhaps explain the reason why Tristan would (as it appears) try to scam Stevo. If Tristan believed he could become good friends enough that you would send Stevo ~$4,000. Glad you didn't!
Old 14 September 2010, 10:42 PM   #39
ks123
Banned

[QUOTE=Idle Swede;2060949]I need to clarify something here.

What I meant by my post "I'm sorry to hear this" is not that I'm taking sides but rather I'm sorry to see this whole ordeal appear as I've alwaways considered both Dalip & Tristan to be my friends and I'm deeply concerned.

I'm not considering Tristan a conman but rather a victim of unfortunate circumstances and I still hope and pray for a friendly solution.[/QUOTE]

Old 14 September 2010, 10:48 PM   #40
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Tristan (BASSETHOUNDS) has been banned from TKF.
Old 14 September 2010, 11:03 PM   #41
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
I am writing this to make clear the events that transpired between Tristan (Bassethounds), myself and our families in July this year.

Dalip
Dalip, im sorry to hear the story. look on the bright side, it was a "small" amount to have a lesson learnt - as other members have suggested, it could've been a much larger amount.

was thinking of sending you a PM (since i was getting a few from your "mate" last week), but i thought you'd probably already have many from fellow concerned members.

i hope you have not been put off meeting fellow members in the future - and yes, our date is still on

btw - would you like me to arrange an accommondation when you travel into London next time? mate's rates i promise?

talk later mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanitis View Post
hi Jeff, great to have you over here and etting us know the latest. i sure you have your good reasons.

catch you on the "friendly side"
Old 14 September 2010, 11:04 PM   #42
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Hi Dalip & Alison,
Truely am very sorry to hear & read about your bad experience dealing with this individual. Appreciate you guys sharing the transcripts with us, his last reply really showed his true character.
If his name and reputation is worth the 750 Euros, then I'll let him be, personally.
The good food and wine you all shared is part of friendship and cannot be calculated or brought into this equation

I guess the consolation is that you weren't dragged in further and that Stevo did managed to get his money back eventually.
Old 14 September 2010, 11:13 PM   #43
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
i hope you have not been put off meeting fellow members in the future
LOL, we're catching up very soon again, cancellation fees apply.
Old 14 September 2010, 11:18 PM   #44
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wow.
Old 14 September 2010, 11:25 PM   #45
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
LOL, we're catching up very soon again, cancellation fees apply.
750?

(sorry mate, couldnt resisit....)

all jokes aside - looks like you Perth guys had loads of fun last time
Old 14 September 2010, 11:32 PM   #46
newmedia
"TRF" Member

thanks fpr posting , I been reading now banned conned mans sagas past year , his stories were over the top. He always used typical excuses , being sick, getting his watch stolen , his connections, national holidays. Thanks for posting actual facts how simple hotel discount transaction lead to putting up more money to be conned again.
Old 14 September 2010, 11:56 PM   #47
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
Wow.

Well that's that then isn't it.

Old 15 September 2010, 12:00 AM   #48
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Jeff, I have sent you a PM....
Old 15 September 2010, 12:08 AM   #49
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
all jokes aside - looks like you Perth guys had loads of fun last time
We sure did Eric and you're invited to the next Perth GTG, along with ALL the other TRF members.
Invite is here, fresh post: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...15#post2061115

No cameras please
Old 15 September 2010, 12:17 AM   #50
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:
Dalip, he's at it again, sending me emails proclaiming his innocence...I still can't make heads or tails out of it, as it's appears to have been typed using Google Translator

Pathological to say the least, same Modus Operandi, different venue but history WILL repeat itself I'm sure.
Sent you a PM

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 15 September 2010, 12:18 AM   #51
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:

Well that's that then isn't it.
He's banned and gone from here and there. What's left to say about this, really?
Old 15 September 2010, 12:27 AM   #52
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post
He's banned and gone from here and there. What's left to say about this, really?
The healing process hasn't started, please hang around for many more posts to come............
Old 15 September 2010, 12:31 AM   #53
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post

future references for newbie members/forums springs to mind?
Old 15 September 2010, 12:50 AM   #54
steven909

i just read your whole ordeal Dalip, sorry to hear what happened.

It sounds like to me that Tristan, like others have said is a habitiful liar and has a ego of over promising things and acting all high and mighty then failing to deliver using lies to cover up his tracks.

Stay Strong!
Old 15 September 2010, 01:05 AM   #55
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Dalip,
I'm very sorry to read about all this. I can only imagine what would have happened if you had sent Steve the $4000 as he had asked. I think that you got off easy. The only people that I would even consider doing this for would be my immediate family, and they wouldn't need me to. The fact that he asked you to do this is truly unbelievable. The worst part of this whole experience is not the 750 Euro, but that your wonderful vacation with your family was ruined by these sour memories.
If you find yourself headed to the US, I'm sure many here could show you true friendship and hospitality. I would have you make your own arrangements though. Of course, being a Southern Gentleman at heart, I would be obligated to pick up the tab at the restaurants.
Southern hospitality, if only everyone behaved so civilized.
Best wishes, and if you're ever in the Philadelphia area give me a ring. I won't even try to sell you a watch...

十人十色
Old 15 September 2010, 01:20 AM   #56
figbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: tt GMT2c,Omega
My heart hurts,I think it's bleeding.

p club member #9
Old 15 September 2010, 01:24 AM   #57
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Dalip, Sorry to hear you was taken advantage off!

Tristan or what ever his name is, is someone we would call in swedish "sol och vårare".

He's taking advantage and exploiting his "friends" financially.

The 750 euro hotel voucher is probably in his pocket, thanks to you staying at the hotel Omm.

I bought his stories here too, remember the stolen Daytona???!!!! That was probably a made up story, don't you think?
Old 15 September 2010, 01:38 AM   #58
rfknauss
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513 Sub, LV Sub
Dalip, so sorry to hear about you being taken advantage of.

"Few things in life give man as great a pleasure as wearing a Rolex!"

TRF's "AFTER DARK" Bar & NightClub Patron
Old 15 September 2010, 01:41 AM   #59
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
I've re-read and still don't understand. Let me try a cliff's notes version:

Dalip purchased a 750 Euro hotel voucher which was never applied to his stay, yes?
Old 15 September 2010, 01:43 AM   #60
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
It's very sad to hear all these stories. This site used to be filled with people who loved watches and wanted to learn more. Now that it's grown, there are a bunch of people who use this site purely for profit. Some legit, while others (clearly) are not.

I'm almost to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing the FS section go away completely.
Closed Thread