The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 December 2010, 02:56 PM   #31
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
I'm going to pop my head back in here for a few.

I'm sorry for my typing errors earlier. I was taking a quick break at work, and typed as fast as I could.

I think I'm the typing errors mentioned by the mod above.

My point was made, but the reading was a little jumbled!

Continue on with the thread!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 02:57 PM   #32
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
this has become complicated...

We have a new member making an accusation. But, this member has not come forward with a name, location or even a single description of what items have been taken, or any evidence that the event even happened.. simply vague allegations and innuendo...

But we also have the other party, who has been notified, but so far has not provided any information to the contrary..

Unless the Forum receives valid or credible information, the thread will be removed.....
Old 15 December 2010, 03:07 PM   #33
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefooting View Post
Are you not jumping the gun here, why suspend Rolex1 without proof?

This is just hearsay from someone who has not proven Rolex1 has done anything wrong so far?
He has not been suspended...Only his selling privileges have been temporarily revoked until some facts are presented! Call it a precautionary measure.

We can all speculate, but it is just that, a guess at the moment as to what's what.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 03:40 PM   #34
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
How about a description of the watches that were heisted? I'm having trouble understanding why there is no record of the serial numbers, whether on the receipt or not, and a simple follow-up with the watch descriptions.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 04:26 PM   #35
skywag
Banned

Watch: S/S "P" Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDakarBmw View Post
I'm going to pop my head back in here for a few.

I'm sorry for my typing errors earlier. I was taking a quick break at work, and typed as fast as I could.

I think I'm the typing errors mentioned by the mod above.

My point was made, but the reading was a little jumbled!

Continue on with the thread!
Paul....Just putting 2 and 2 together. Is this the same guy!
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=156032
skywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 05:01 PM   #36
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn1870 View Post
I work for an Upstate New York Auction House. In October we had a customer come up and purchase $10K worth of watches and clocks. He gave us references, and then ultimatley a bad check, but left with the merchandise. We are in the process of prosecuting, but wanted to warn people in the community in case he trys to market them on this site. His name is David Shulman of Massachusetts and I believe goes buy Rolex1 on this site. I just merely wanted to post a warning to any potential customers of his, that they may be or have been involved in the dealing of stolen merchandise.
Come on. What auction house? Which watches were stolen? I can build a persona and start throwing around accusations, it's not all that difficult. We need more information. If this came from a credible source then so be it, but really, are we to take this for face value?
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 05:49 PM   #37
lok214
"TRF" Member

hmmm very interesting post....
lok214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 10:11 PM   #38
robyn1870

WOW!! When posting my first notice, I never thought this would go so far! I am glad everyone is taking this seriously, but I was just simply trying to throw out a friendly warning! I guess I was naive in thinking this was a good idea. If you look at our website www.jenack.com, you can see from our post sales that we do not EVER post serial numbers. The reason being???...... We have never had cause to. All items come to us on consignment, and we sell them at public auction. We have never had an issue like this, and honestly, have never had cause to take down serial numbers, just saleable descriptions and photos.
I will leave this post with an apology for "wasting" people's time. My thought of possibly preventing further sale of these items was obviously, again naive. My bosses are handling the legal parts of it, along with the detectives, so the difference between civil, and legal and grand larceny and a bad check.... they really don't mean much to me.. I was simply relaying an incident that happened to us, that I thought might potentially affect this community. We are not looking to dig up dirt, we just want to get the check covered or the merchandise back. And I guess you all are right, innocent until proven guilty, so I guess the best thing is to apologize for the original listing! I cannot provide you with the answers you are looking for. Yes, we have a copy of his driver's license and a form he filled out for a Out of State Resale Certificate, to be exempt from sales tax. The name and address on the license match the person that was there, so if there is any way that this Mr. David Shulman has been the victim of identy theft, PLEASE, contact us Sir, so that we can try to get this cleared up.
Oh, and if having spelling or gramatical errors makes me even more unreliable, let me apologize for that too!
robyn1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 10:14 PM   #39
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

The time on this thread is ticking away and we're getting irritated by the lack of response by both parties seemingly involved in this affair.

We will have no option but to err on the side of caution if this continues to be the case.
Old 15 December 2010, 10:20 PM   #40
robyn1870

I was just reading the posts from overnight, I missed some sorry!
I am not at work today, but will be there tomorrow! I will make a list of the watches/clocks purchased by the person using the name/ID of David Shulman (I think that is a more PC way to word it, right?).
I am not trying to be "elusive", and if the moderators feel the best thing is to remove the thread, I understand. You are a tight knit group that are looking for FACTS, I get that. I apologize for not being prepared for this.
anybody wanting a list of the watches emailed to them, please let me know, I will try go get it done tomorrow afternoon.
Old 15 December 2010, 11:17 PM   #41
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Robyn1870,

Just post the watch descriptions here at least, serial number letter plus a few digits would be most helpful. We also need a contact number for any information.

Personal PMs and emails seems a bit extensive.

I am with Paul. Lack of response by both parties is irritating.

Seriously, let's get real info out and get on with it.
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 11:56 PM   #42
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Robyn, I appreciate your understanding.

If I were in Rolex1's shoes, I'd hope that something tangible would be displayed with the heads up. We look forward to having the information regarding the incident. The details are rather important.

We have to consider things such as a bitter divorce, and an ex-wife attempting to smear a name. Also the possibility that a shady seller is on the forums. It could be two business partners who split ways, and the other partner has an idea to tarnish the other.

Not that the story is untrue, but it is surely unconfirmed at this point. Please take the time to share the information that has been requested. If you were a victim of a crime, you should be able to speak openly about the event.

What upstate auction house are you working for?

What information do you have regarding the watches involved?

What jurisdiction is handling the case?

I'm not asking for your identity, and don't think that has much to do with the incident, but the other information should be easily shared with our community.

Look forward to hearing from you Thursday.
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2010, 11:57 PM   #43
MonBK
Banned

Am I reading this right?

Auction house that sells consignment watches without registering model and serial #'s?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 12:08 AM   #44
rsg
"TRF" Member

The auction house Jenack.com has an office manager by the name of Robyn listed on their website. I'm interested to see how this one plays out.
rsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 12:56 AM   #45
Numismatist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
I don't know all the details either on this one; however, as someone who ran a very high end art and antique auction house (considerably larger than this one being talked about), I can say it never crossed our minds to document a watch serial number either. Nor did we have anyone experienced in taking off a bracelet to do so (at the time I was there, I didn't know the serial number was on the lugs). I can vouch for the seemingly unlikely story that there are no serial numbers. We were just sellin' stuff...

As to the other stuff in this thread, I have no idea.
Montblanc Meisterstück Diamond Mozart BP
Montblanc Meisterstück Mozart BP
Numismatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 01:17 AM   #46
beerformeplz
"TRF" Member

Watch: seadweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalmedia33 View Post
Wonder why he did not respond to this thread?
Even all his sell has been suspended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefooting View Post
Are you not jumping the gun here, why suspend Rolex1 without proof?

This is just hearsay from someone who has not proven Rolex1 has done anything wrong so far?
Very interesting first post.
beerformeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 01:48 AM   #47
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I'm on the edge of my seat with this thread, as someone who has considered buying items from Rolex1 I really want to know what the deal is. He needs to come forward and say something. Nothing is certain yet but the silence from his end is a bit disturbing, no?
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 03:06 AM   #48
robyn1870

Name of Auction house: William Jenack Auctioneers - www.jenack.com
I am the office manager, and have been there for 14 years, we are a small company and run our business like a family business. I myself do not have any monetary interest in this matter myself, but feel personally slighted by this man, as like I said, we are a very close knit "family".
First thing when I get to work tomorrow, I will post the descriptions of the 25 items purchased by this person.
Thank you to "Numismatist" for putting it out there, that it is common that auction houses do NOT always supply serial numbers.
Old 16 December 2010, 03:41 AM   #49
Nicko
Banned

Why haven't we heard anything from Rolex1? I for one would like to hear his side of the story.
Old 16 December 2010, 03:54 AM   #50
thesmallwave

Watch: Sub C Black
Yeah right, where is Rolex1 now and what is he doing?We need to hear his story too, before we can do anything..There is something fishy here, and i don't like them.
I want this to be fair solved for both parts thats why we need to gather more info regarding all this.
thesmallwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 05:21 AM   #51
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Robyn, after reading your notes above, you did a nice service to our group. thank you. and sorry that your company appears to have been shafted. Harry
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 05:21 AM   #52
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerformeplz View Post
Very interesting first post.
I thought the same thing
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 07:31 AM   #53
Ebruner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118208
Without any comment from Rolex1 I have to lean toward Robyn's side of this affair.

-Eddie
Old 16 December 2010, 07:55 AM   #54
Kapture1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω 3570.50.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebruner View Post
Without any comment from Rolex1 I have to lean toward Robyn's side of this affair.

-Eddie
If they were accusations against me, I think by now I would have been on telling my side or stating that I never heard of this person before... or something... anything. But nothing? hmmmm

Robyn, you guys dont have a policy on checking up on checks or bank accounts before you give up the merchandise?

-Matt

Wash out this tired notion that the best is yet to come
Kapture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 08:02 AM   #55
Nicko
Banned

Quote:

-Eddie
I'm not ready to convict just yet but it's not looking all that good at this point.
Old 16 December 2010, 08:08 AM   #56
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Robyn has posted a decent amount of competent information thus far with quick responses to questions and a promise to deliver more information soon. Rolex1 has said nothing, nothing is certain as of right now but it's not looking good for Rolex1.
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 08:14 AM   #57
robyn1870

This guy gave us his driver's license, and two "references" that we did call and check out before accepting his check. This guy is a smooth talker and had all the right information, he even talked of how he sold the stuff - some sold on Ebay, some went in his "storefront", and some he just keeps for himself. He even talked of making the trip back for our next sale, and doing business with us in the future. We had NO reason to believe this man was going to be an issue.
After the fact, we tried to google his name and came up with an unrelated arrest a few years ago, and decided to try to dig a little deeper. We found a really old post on this site about a gentleman that had a problem with someone by the same name. That issue wound up being resolved and Rolex1 apologized, said he was in an accident, and made good on his 1/2 of the deal. That was why I decided to try the original posting, thinking I could warn potential customers, and maybe even perhaps get the guy to make good on his payment.
Old 16 December 2010, 09:14 AM   #58
Yazo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

-Eddie
Gotta agree with Eddie here.... why hasn't this guy responded yet? If it were my name being "slandered" and my selling privileges being revoked I'd be fumbling over myself to clear my name.... it's now been 2 days.....
Yazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 09:21 AM   #59
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Robyn joins here with one post to warn us of the actions of a member and to get money back. NO B/S etc and you all want more upon more upon more information. Why on earth would Robyn join her just to smear someones name for no reason when in fact it is with the DA and they recieved a Dud cheque? Who would make that up upon just joining a site? There was a specific reason the OP joined this site and the post was it.
A lot of you either have trust issues or wild imaginations.

edit. innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah, i can assure you whatever you all say, you ( personally) would not be dealing with this rolex1 right now. AND that is what matters

I for one thank the OP for the post.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2010, 11:50 AM   #60
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post

edit. innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah, i can assure you whatever you all say, you ( personally) would not be dealing with this rolex1 right now. AND that is what matters

I for one thank the OP for the post.

“I THINK PERFECTION IS UGLY. SOMEWHERE IN THE THINGS HUMANS MAKE, I WANT TO SEE SCARS, FAILURE, DISORDER AND DISTORTION" - YOHJI YAMAMOTO
globalmedia33 is offline   Reply With Quote