The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 August 2008, 05:11 AM   #1
Pathagarus

Is SwissWrist Legit

Hello to all! I'm new to the forum and have a question: Is SwissWrist a legit dealer? I'd like to add a 16613 (Blue) to my collection.

http://www.swiss-wrist.com/index.php...s/30/1491/info

Thanks in advance!!

Dave
Pathagarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Tomrose11

Watch: Submariner
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathagarus View Post
Hello to all! I'm new to the forum and have a question: Is SwissWrist a legit dealer? I'd like to add a 16613 (Blue) to my collection.

Thanks in advance!!

Dave
Dave

Not to worry, I have dealt with Swiss Wrist before, I actually bought a Submariner from them as well, it was a pre-owned model and my wife and I both felt that it looked new!! I think I was helped by the main sales guy named david or daniel, new his stuff, genuine guy. Let us know what happends!
Tomrose11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Pathagarus

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the advice!
Pathagarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2008, 12:39 AM   #4
SCman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Date
Pathagarus,
did you end up buying a watch from swiss-wrist.com? I'm thinking about one fromm them and would like to know how things went for you.
Thanks,
SCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2008, 12:52 AM   #5
ROGERB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 89 16610, 57 7914,
Ok they may be legit but those pictures don't add up. TT Sub is stated as 90's pictures show it has an SEL strap, but picture of the flip lock on the strap has no lines running through it, which would indicate a eighties strap and though blurry the strap in the same picture from the back of the watch is not an SEL strap( pict 4). Can't see any holes in the case but again back to pict 4 and that is def a non SEL strap!!! They maybe be legit but something not right with those pictures!!
IMHO
R
ROGERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2008, 03:52 AM   #6
SCman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Date
thanks rogerb,
I know just enough to get myself in trouble. I can tell a real one from a fake but don't know much about the different yearsor watched that have been are just pieces of other wathes put together. Another thing that concearned me was that their inventory hardly ever changes. Do you know of any good website to buy from. I'm looking to spend around 4k and I want a datejust with a diamond bezel?
Thanks again,
SCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2008, 05:04 AM   #7
ROGERB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 89 16610, 57 7914,
Decided to have another look at that web page...they are using the same photos in different listings... compare the pictures for the 2 16710's the blk bezel and red/blk bezel they are using the same photos!! ....the 2 closeup pictures same date ,placement of the second hand and GMT hand and my favorite.. the picture of the backs of both watches..again they may be legit but that kind of stuff sure makes me skeptical??
Anybody think I'M off base here?
P.S ..just checked the other listing for a pepsi GMT same issues with the face pictures.. all 3 watches have repeat photos....
R

Last edited by ROGERB; 26 August 2008 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: additional info
ROGERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2008, 05:39 AM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathagarus View Post

Thanks in advance!!

Dave
Try www.swissmaid.com

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2008, 12:07 PM   #9
kwmeo
"TRF" Member

Any updates?

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have done a search on this site for Swiss-wrist.com, and have read the reviews. I spoke with Daniel from swiss wrist he is the sales manager, as for the photos he is aware that they are not of the actual watch, he explained that he does not post those photos someone else does. He did send me the actual photos of the watch that I was interested in and was very patient with me over the phone, he also guaranteed that the watch I was interested in would be 100% satisfactory. Has anyone else purchased any watches from them recently? please advise. Thankyou.
kwmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2010, 05:25 PM   #10
manu y tumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: i don't have yet
about swiss-wrist.com

You should read this before buy in this website.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c191664.html
manu y tumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 03:23 AM   #11
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Dave,

Funny I should come across your post. I bought that watch and another in January of 2010. I did send the Sub to Rolex Dallas as I was having my GMT serviced. The Sub came back as authentic.

My issue with Swiss Wrist was that the watch was allegedly in perfect condition. Rolex said the lubes inside the watch were dry. I would think if they have watchmakers as they claim, they would have noticed this condition before sending the watch off to a customer.

Now I’ve noticed on my wife’s Datejust, the “Superlative Chronometer” printing is coming off the face. Now I get to see how their warranty program works.

I’ll keep you posted.

Last edited by dba; 12 October 2010 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: additional info
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 04:12 AM   #12
noka
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu y tumba View Post
You should read this before buy in this website.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c191664.html
Interesting but a quick BBB search did not show any real red flags.
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...mi-fl-92012087
noka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2011, 08:11 AM   #13
alexoSUBTT

I am confused... It's a scam or it's a legit company?!?!
alexoSUBTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2011, 12:32 PM   #14
swissautopro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3.3M 1655 Mk I
Legit ... I have sold to them.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt." Unknown

"Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food." Proverbs 12
swissautopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 05:17 AM   #15
psnolte
"TRF" Member

No Problems With Swiss Wrist

I just purchased a Day-Date and traded in my other Rolex. No problems with the merchandise or the service.
psnolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2011, 04:33 AM   #16
Kdsr
"TRF" Member

Swiss Wrist is Legit

I recently (March 2011) purchased a DateJust watch from them after reading everything I could find on-line about the company including these comments. I decided it was worth the risk because this blog was the only negative comments I could find. I also looked into the BBB rating which outlined the complaints and resolutions to the complaints as well as the complaints baord.
They are legit and their product is legit. I just had my watch appraised by a certified Rolex dealer here in Pittsburgh and he is not one of those large box chain jewelers but an independent with 2 stores that carry a tremendous reputation here. He (his family) has been a Rolex dealer for 30 years. He was able to not only appraise the watch but took time to show me all the points that make the watch legit.
Now, I will say that Swiss Wrist needs to improve their customer service. Daniel is great..others not so much. However, I can say for certain that my watch is legit.
Kdsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2011, 04:41 AM   #17
theloxmyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdsr View Post
I recently (March 2011) purchased a DateJust watch from them after reading everything I could find on-line about the company including these comments. I decided it was worth the risk because this blog was the only negative comments I could find. I also looked into the BBB rating which outlined the complaints and resolutions to the complaints as well as the complaints baord.
They are legit and their product is legit. I just had my watch appraised by a certified Rolex dealer here in Pittsburgh and he is not one of those large box chain jewelers but an independent with 2 stores that carry a tremendous reputation here. He (his family) has been a Rolex dealer for 30 years. He was able to not only appraise the watch but took time to show me all the points that make the watch legit.
Now, I will say that Swiss Wrist needs to improve their customer service. Daniel is great..others not so much. However, I can say for certain that my watch is legit.
Welcome, neighbor.
theloxmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2011, 02:29 PM   #18
swiss-wrist
"TRF" Member

Yes, I purchase a Rolex and it's nice....
swiss-wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2011, 10:20 AM   #19
JWK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
I just purchased a blue TT sub from them and it was as described except it didn't come with the hang tags as promised. I sent Daniel an email and he was quick to apologize and said they would arrive by mail shortly. The watch is beautiful and I will definitely buy from them again.
JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2012, 05:02 AM   #20
Jeepman464
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5167
Does anyone have a direct email for this Daniel person? Sounds like he's the man, I'd love to get in touch with him directly before buying.
Jeepman464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2012, 06:13 AM   #21
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/jwl/3472038286.html

thats a DJ with a diamond bezel you could prob get around 3k
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2012, 08:42 AM   #22
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Wow!! A 2008 post brought back to life!

Old 28 December 2012, 10:57 AM   #23
Jeepman464
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5167
haha, yeah, trying to do some research before a purchase.
Jeepman464 is offline   Reply With Quote