The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 February 2018, 04:12 AM   #1
Goodwill63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 122613
PO 39.5mm 8800 Blue 600m

Would love to hear everyone’s take on this reference including: wearability and comfort, comments on blue dial vs black and bracelet. Really like this watch and I think it’s the perfect size. I would be able to get a good discount off msrp, around 31%. Thoughts, comments and especially wrist pics are appreciated.
Goodwill63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 05:05 AM   #2
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I thought it wore just a tad too small. (6.5) I’m sure others would disagree. I love 39/40 in most brands but this one seemed to come up short. Micro adjust has three positions, I swapped out the larger model clasp which had a couple more adjusts. You will lose on flipping even with 31off.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 06:49 AM   #3
Goodwill63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 122613
That’s good info. Appreciated.
Goodwill63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 07:08 AM   #4
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
I owned the black dial, I love omega and wanted to love the 39 PO. But for me something was just off, I don’t know if it’s the dial size or thickness but it just seemed to small and tall, felt like a hockey puck. I’ve owned both a SD and SDc and I loved them and they measure pretty close to the PO. I own a speedy and the proportions are perfect on that. I would defiantly try it on before you buy. Hope that helps.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 07:49 AM   #5
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

I've tried the 39.5mm PO's....I think they fit pretty great on a small wrist (I have a 6.375" wrist). The black is what you'd expect if you've ever seen the LE Liquid Metal PO from before in 42mm but I think the small aesthetic differences I still prefer the LE (hence why I kept mine). The blue however is a real stunner in real life....IMO doesn't photograph all that well but a very dynamic dial/ceramic bezel insert. I do think they still sit a smidge too tall and wish they just went with non-see through casebacks to trim this down further.....the 2500c movement LM PO LE thickness is just perfect.....this is why I haven't bought a new one as of yet since I got the previous limited edition.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 08:20 AM   #6
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Had it on black, but flipped it to buy something else. Good proportions, nice bracelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 09:39 AM   #7
WJGESQ
Banned

Black. Or even better, orange.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 02:51 AM   #8
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C
I have the 39.5mm PO in black. It's by far one of the most worn, loved, and perfectly sized (for my 6.5" wrist) watches in my collection. I absolutely love it but as you can see from other commentators, your milage may vary. Once adjusted properly, the bracelet is super comfortable and I don't find the watch wants to move from being centered on the top of the wrist. It's also the thinnest PO ever made at a hair over 14mm if I remember correctly.

Best of luck with your decision. I traded in my Speedmaster Pro for it as I always felt it was too big for my wrist and just never did bond with it. I have not regretted that decision for one second.

WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 08:54 AM   #9
tom0
"TRF" Member

I think this size is great - I've tried it on multiple times in different shops now - and fits really well. Just deciding whether to pull the trigger..

Check out the version with the leather / rubber strap - the omega store i spoke to on Sunday claimed the strap is fully waterproof - even for diving, which I think is a pretty unsung trait for a leather strap. Surprised is not more popular to be honest.
tom0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 12:55 PM   #10
geebob
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyPro Explorer
I tried it in an OB. Size wise (width) I find it fits my 6.3 wrist fine, and I like it. It's the height of the watch that stops me from buying it. I find it's a bit too tall for my taste. Otherwise, it's a nice watch.

Black or blue? I like the blue one.
geebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 06:45 AM   #11
InfinityNexus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I thought it wore just a tad too small. (6.5) I’m sure others would disagree. I love 39/40 in most brands but this one seemed to come up short. Micro adjust has three positions, I swapped out the larger model clasp which had a couple more adjusts. You will lose on flipping even with 31off.
This I agree with this: the bezel is quite thick which means that the watch looks abnormally small below 42mm
InfinityNexus is offline   Reply With Quote