The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 September 2018, 02:53 AM   #91
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
You’re lucky to have the SB win you have. It was always a one sided team.

But I still don’t care for the LoB airing their dirty laundry. Sherman should have been sent to the showers when he was insubordinate on the sideline. He was in full OBJ mode on several occasions. Then he shouts their troubles from the mountaintop. They needed to keep all that internal. Wilson isn’t the only diva Carroll has been coddling.

No doubt. Sherm created much drama, for the most part the rest of the D just did their jobs. They were fun to watch in their prime.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 03:16 AM   #92
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
You’re lucky to have the SB win you have. It was always a one sided team.

But I still don’t care for the LoB airing their dirty laundry. Sherman should have been sent to the showers when he was insubordinate on the sideline. He was in full OBJ mode on several occasions. Then he shouts their troubles from the mountaintop. They needed to keep all that internal. Wilson isn’t the only diva Carroll has been coddling.
Not sure how you say they were lucky. The defense was that good and the offense was good enough. A lot of SB winning teams tend to be one sided. You hardly ever see a top 5 defense and offense on the same team. It's usually top O or D on one side and about middle of the pack on the other side.

Sherman was a diva but he wasn't coddled. He balled out. Most of his a-hole behavior happened after the SB loss when he lost trust in the staff. Wilson had a lot of garbage games and would be praised for being tough.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 04:12 AM   #93
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Not sure how you say they were lucky. The defense was that good and the offense was good enough. A lot of SB winning teams tend to be one sided. You hardly ever see a top 5 defense and offense on the same team. It's usually top O or D on one side and about middle of the pack on the other side.

Sherman was a diva but he wasn't coddled. He balled out. Most of his a-hole behavior happened after the SB loss when he lost trust in the staff. Wilson had a lot of garbage games and would be praised for being tough.
The same QB that won the SB is getting bashed as coddled now. He’s no worse today than he was then. I think it’s convenient that the LoB focused on Wilson instead of their aging ranks. Age and injuries were taking their toll. It’s not all Wilson.

Sherman was a nutcase well before the SB win, he got worse when they lost. The team let his antics slide as much as they let Wilson’s poor play slide. It’s the Carroll way, always positive, always supportive, low on discipline. Both men would have been better if they had more Parcels moments along the way.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 04:17 AM   #94
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
And I thought it bad when Ditka wore that Ricky Williams wig.
Most hilarious move I can recall was Ditka trading the entire next years picks to get ricky
Old 19 September 2018, 05:15 AM   #95
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
I just tune in to watch the players take a knee in protest during the national anthem.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 06:32 AM   #96
Aceldama
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dads Omega Cal 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
I just tune in to watch the players take a knee in protest during the national anthem.

Not sure if you meant that as a joke. This is what I’m reading into this whole thread. I hate football now because someone told me to. He built up a nice straw man for me to go after. I’m following commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aceldama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 06:42 AM   #97
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceldama View Post
Not sure if you meant that as a joke. This is what I’m reading into this whole thread. I hate football now because someone told me to. He built up a nice straw man for me to go after. I’m following commands.

that was out of the blue.

I think you’re misreading a lot. The MNF broadcast was hideous last week. It was marginally better this week without the shrill play by play, but the new format still loses sight of why people watch football.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:15 AM   #98
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
The same QB that won the SB is getting bashed as coddled now. He’s no worse today than he was then. I think it’s convenient that the LoB focused on Wilson instead of their aging ranks. Age and injuries were taking their toll. It’s not all Wilson.

Sherman was a nutcase well before the SB win, he got worse when they lost. The team let his antics slide as much as they let Wilson’s poor play slide. It’s the Carroll way, always positive, always supportive, low on discipline. Both men would have been better if they had more Parcels moments along the way.
The defense won the SB basically shutting down Peyton Manning. He was coddled then as he is now.

RW is better than he was back then but isn't as good as he needs to be for Seattle to be consistently good. His salary cap went up nearly 30x now compared to his SB years. That's a recipe for disaster. He needs to be much better if he's going to take up that much cap space.

Agree with you on the bolded part.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:28 AM   #99
Aceldama
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dads Omega Cal 601
Quote:
that was out of the blue.

I think you’re misreading a lot. The MNF broadcast was hideous last week. It was marginally better this week without the shrill play by play, but the new format still loses sight of why people watch football.

I watch the game with the sound off most of the time. I don’t really care who is broadcasting because it’s a pleasant buzz while I watch the game. Try it some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aceldama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:33 AM   #100
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceldama View Post

I didn't watch the game last night. I have other things to do so rarely watch Monday or Sunday night football. I did watch a couple hours of NFL games on Sunday afternoon though.

I don't care about the controversy at all. Bunch of nonsense if you ask me.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:45 AM   #101
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Russel Wilson has had no running game since Marshawn left, has a horrible offensive line, and his best receiver is 5’10” Doug Baldwin. Not everyone can be Tom Brady.

Wilson is a upper tier QB. And this is coming from a Rams fan who has no reason to root for or like the guy.

My $0.02.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 12:34 PM   #102
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubshack View Post
Russel Wilson has had no running game since Marshawn left, has a horrible offensive line, and his best receiver is 5’10” Doug Baldwin. Not everyone can be Tom Brady.

Wilson is a upper tier QB. And this is coming from a Rams fan who has no reason to root for or like the guy.

My $0.02.

Being backed by a great defense has a way of making a good quarterback seem a lot better than he might otherwise. A benefit Wilson has had almost all of his young career. It'll be interesting to see how the perception of him may change now that the Seattle defense has fallen back to Earth.
Old 19 September 2018, 01:23 PM   #103
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Being backed by a great defense has a way of making a good quarterback seem a lot better than he might otherwise. A benefit Wilson has had almost all of his young career. It'll be interesting to see how the perception of him may change now that the Seattle defense has fallen back to Earth.

A good defense definitely helps, but IMO there’s not much a QB can do with a bad o-line.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote