The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 February 2020, 09:23 AM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Achievement Unlocked: Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf / Cartier Tank Solo XL

Well, ummm.... ya see it's like this. In the'old days' it was one mechanical timepiece at a time. Am sure many of you know the story, one leads to another, which leads to yet another, which leads to...

Had to keep this event a bit on the QT as there's a high-end audio show this weekend and wanted to do something super extra special for everyone who was attending the Florida Audio Expo in Tampa. Since Mayors Jewelers / Watches of Switzerland is my AD and their store was only about two miles away from the show, plus wanted to get my wife something special for Valentines Day too. And so began my Super Evil Two-Fer Scheme (mwooo ha-ha-ha-hahahahah!). And yes, that meant 'sneaking' in something for me, because, ummm, well, do i really need an excuse :)

And so would like to thank Mayors Jewelers / Watches of Switzerland in Tampa for a truly terrific private event during the Florida Audio Expo 2020 Friday night. There were so many wonderful timepieces from Bovet, Rolex, Cartier, IWC, OMEGA, Tag Heuer, Tudor and many other brands for everyone to try on. They even brought in a few epic special pieces as well, as high-end audio is a very luxury lifestyle product category and many of us also love mechanical timepieces.

Music filled the air as delicious drinks and fantastic food flowed all night long. Florida Audio Expo show co-owner Bart Andeer, plus perfect PR rep Sue Toscano, greatly assisted in making this event a realty. Would especially like to humbly thank Nicholas, Melissa, Frank and everyone @ Mayors Tampa for making last night's event a truly memorable experience for everyone!

Gifted my amazing Muse / wife a Cartier Tank Solo XL (we'll be sharing this with a variety of leather straps and the bracelet), and well, ummm... you see it's like this.... have been eyeing the Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf 50th Edition for a while and sooo

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 12:52 PM   #2
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Congratulations. Both are lovely, iconic pieces. I too am an audiophile although most of my "fun" money has gone to watches, as I'm satisfied with my older audio systems.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 07:02 PM   #3
walds11
"TRF" Member

Congrats. I’ve been eyeing the Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf 50th Edition as well. Been meaning to try on a Monaco for size. Not sure how a square watch would fit and look on my wrist. I’d love to see a wrist shot of yours.
Old 14 February 2020, 09:00 PM   #4
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

A most humble thanks guys and it fits FAR BETTER than i expected. Wrist balance is good too. Just ordered a NATO strap for the fun of it.

Here's a wrist pic as requested, and i have medium to small wrist.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 14 February 2020, 09:55 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 10:39 PM   #6
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
A most humble thanks guys and it fits FAR BETTER than i expected. Wrist balance is good too. Just ordered a NATO strap for the fun of it.

Here's a wrist pic as requested, and i have medium to small wrist.
Looks great! I have a small ~6.5” wrist.
Old 14 February 2020, 10:40 PM   #7
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

6.5.... should be fine. :)

Old 14 February 2020, 11:18 PM   #8
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

Congrats - you've got great taste in watches. I've have a Tank Solo XL and the Monaco Calibre 11 is on my short list.
rich-96db is offline   Reply With Quote