The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 March 2023, 09:13 AM   #31
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Big congrats, looks amazing.

I love that you took it straight out on the slopes.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2023, 11:36 AM   #32
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

I would have stopped making my snowman for that too. Congratulations.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2023, 06:38 PM   #33
Palex
"TRF" Member

Great watch, enjoy it!
Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2023, 07:28 PM   #34
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 01:04 AM   #35
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope View Post
I had purchased a Offshore 43 and my wife on her own accord had purchased a 37 grey dial with diamond bezel, but not sure if that counted on my "account" or not. I was very surprised and grateful to get the call.
yes her watch goes on your account as well. Congrats on the blue 41 it's gorgeous!
johnsonsxusfrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 01:48 AM   #36
lucasalce
"TRF" Member

That's so cool to be offered both and credit to you for buying what you like.
lucasalce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 02:05 AM   #37
bullies
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
AP 15400
bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 02:40 AM   #38
HurricaneHarry
"TRF" Member

Awesome that you buy what you like, definitely why you’re getting offered these pieces. You almost broke the AP forum section haha

HurricaneHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 03:06 AM   #39
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHarry View Post
Awesome that you buy what you like, definitely why you’re getting offered these pieces. You almost broke the AP forum section haha

True, very funny!

OP’s strong choice does beg the question how many people want a Jumbo based on its merits (including enjoyment of wearability) versus because of its hype status??
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 07:16 AM   #40
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
True, very funny!

OP’s strong choice does beg the question how many people want a Jumbo based on its merits (including enjoyment of wearability) versus because of its hype status??

I can chime in here since I have both. This is of course personal taste. When I was able to try out a Jumbo exhibition piece at my boutique, I was sold.

Out of my AP rotation, the Jumbo gets the most wear by a wide margin. There is something about the proportions of the watch that is just perfect. I'm sure some folks want the Jumbo for the hype, but not this guy.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 07:51 AM   #41
Demonoid
2024 Pledge Member

Awesome photos of a great watch. Congrats!
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 08:58 PM   #42
Mini2
"TRF" Member

beautiful
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 03:56 AM   #43
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
Well played - congrats on a great new piece!

NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 11:04 AM   #44
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I can chime in here since I have both. This is of course personal taste. When I was able to try out a Jumbo exhibition piece at my boutique, I was sold.

Out of my AP rotation, the Jumbo gets the most wear by a wide margin. There is something about the proportions of the watch that is just perfect. I'm sure some folks want the Jumbo for the hype, but not this guy.
Are the preferred proportions you refer to the 39mm size, it’s relative slim design, or otherwise? Many do state that 39mm has always been the “sweet spot” for the RO, but with 41mm having been the standard for so many years now, I don’t know how relevant that feature is…except when it comes to the Jumbo.
Regardless, I am impressed to know that you wear your Jumbo preferentially.
Old 11 March 2023, 11:11 AM   #45
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Are the preferred proportions you refer to the 39mm size, it’s relative slim design, or otherwise? Many do state that 39mm has always been the “sweet spot” for the RO, but with 41mm having been the standard for so many years now, I don’t know how relevant that feature is…except when it comes to the Jumbo.
i think what makes the jumbo have the best proportions is that the lugs are wider, have less taper with the end links and the bracelet taper isn't as aggressive. imo it's less about the fact that it's a 39mm. all the other sizes seem to have what looks like a rounder dial because the lugs and bracelet taper more aggressively
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 11:21 AM   #46
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

It's the slimness and the way the lugs are designed. Although it's a smaller diameter, the lugs flair out more and basically cover the area that a 41 case would normally cover. The slimmer case makes it very comfortable to wear and get under a cuff. I much prefer the petite tapisserie over the grande tapisserie as well. It's something that you really don't think about until you get a Jumbo on the writs. Again, it's a personal preference.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 05:30 PM   #47
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i think what makes the jumbo have the best proportions is that the lugs are wider, have less taper with the end links and the bracelet taper isn't as aggressive. imo it's less about the fact that it's a 39mm. all the other sizes seem to have what looks like a rounder dial because the lugs and bracelet taper more aggressively
Thank you for pointing out those specific details. Those are a number of key features that I now understand can make for a substantial difference in the overall piece.

Quote:
It's the slimness and the way the lugs are designed. Although it's a smaller diameter, the lugs flair out more and basically cover the area that a 41 case would normally cover. The slimmer case makes it very comfortable to wear and get under a cuff. I much prefer the petite tapisserie over the grande tapisserie as well. It's something that you really don't think about until you get a Jumbo on the writs. Again, it's a personal preference.
Significant features that I didn’t appreciate beforehand, thank you. This parallels what huncho describes above, in addition to other subtleties. You’re absolutely correct, you have to wear one enough to appreciate these points that characterize this icon. Hopefully this is my year too.
Old 13 March 2023, 03:12 AM   #48
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:

Totally agree.

I don’t own a Jumbo (yet!) but whenever I try one on it’s pretty much my perfect all round watch and I consider it an endgame piece.

I’m a patient guy but I’ll have one at some point I’m sure.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 06:40 AM   #49
W8tch88
"TRF" Member

Watch: All *-*
Congrats OP on the watch! I just picked up a 41mm grey and surprisingly it fits better than my expectation on my small wrist. I tried on the 37mm and that was too small.
IMG_0773.jpg

W8tch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 07:10 PM   #50
JSingh22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167a
Awesome shot. Cheers
JSingh22 is offline   Reply With Quote