The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 March 2023, 12:28 AM   #31
flyboyx999
"TRF" Member

I have both the Lange 1 Perpetual (grey dial) and the Patek 5236P, both dressy PC watches. The Patek wears more elegantly and more modern IMHO
flyboyx999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 12:45 AM   #32
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg43c View Post
Thanks for suggesting one of my favorites, but I'm one for two. Yes I could swing the purchase, but no I dont have a purchase history. But then again if I did I would try to get this, no clue how much it is, but it looks amazing.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...D002CR.04.html
It's $1.7mm
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 01:35 AM   #33
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobs View Post
It's $1.7mm
thankfully I dont have an established relationship with AP.

besides in the fine print of my martial agreement , wife would take the house, half the assets and leave me with the kids, the dog, and my mother in law
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 01:37 AM   #34
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyx999 View Post
I have both the Lange 1 Perpetual (grey dial) and the Patek 5236P, both dressy PC watches. The Patek wears more elegantly and more modern IMHO
thanks for your response - could I impose on you for some side by shots of both the watches, how is the lume on both watches, which do you wear more often, and lastly what is your wrist size?
Old 19 March 2023, 04:47 AM   #35
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

I was in a similar situation 3 years back. I wanted a perpetual calendar that's usable and eligibility is extremely important.

I looked at Moser, GO, and a gray dial Lange Datograph perpetual pre-owned at a great price.

I ended up with a GO. The value proposition was absolutely amazing.

Saw all 3 watches in person. The finishing of Datograph perpetual is absolutely fantastic. I end up passing on the watch due to power reserve only being 36 hours and the legibility.

The possibility of resetting a perpetual calendar every time I want to wear the watch is intimidating

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2023, 04:54 AM   #36
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
At approximately the same price point as the 5320 above, the Journe QP is also an excellent choice. It comes in 40 or 42mm and has an instantaneous date change. Legibility is great on this one. Automatic.
I highly recommend the FPJ QP. Had a chance to see the boutique version in person. It is the thinnest perpetual calendar I have ever seen.

Old 19 March 2023, 11:41 PM   #37
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
I highly recommend the FPJ QP. Had a chance to see the boutique version in person. It is the thinnest perpetual calendar I have ever seen.

I plan on checking it out in the next couple of weeks.
Old 20 March 2023, 06:48 PM   #38
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Not sure if you are only considering new pieces, but how about a complete curve ball from one of the holy trinity - a Malte 47112 perpetual chrono from VC. Same movement as Patek 5970, 39mm and hunter back in PT or Gold. I think the art deco style looks amazing.

omg! too beautiful

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 06:06 AM   #39
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Perpetual Calendar Watches: Help Please

Hey OP, perhaps another option: Chopard LUC Perpetual Twin in steel for mid $20Ks. Im a big fan of Chopard so just ran into this. Only possible issue is that it is 43mm. At least good comparisons.

https://www.chopard.com/en-intl/watch/168561-3003.html
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 06:12 AM   #40
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Hey OP, perhaps another option: Chopard LUC Perpetual Twin in steel for mid $20Ks. Im a big fan of Chopard so just ran into this. Only possible issue is that it is 43mm. At least good comparisons.

https://www.chopard.com/en-intl/watch/168561-3003.html
thanks for your recommendation - I appreciate it.
Old 22 March 2023, 07:43 AM   #41
pendlepants
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
great thread full of amazing watches. I looked extensively at lange and moser and settled on the moser endeavour perpetual in rose gold with a very un-moser white dial (though it does still look pretty amazing in the sun). I was able to get a great deal on one used and love the simplicity of the face + the finishing, the leap year complication on the back, and resiliency of the movement - no fussiness around how I set it / getting everything just so. nice big date window doesn't hurt for old guys like me either.
pendlepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 07:51 AM   #42
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirru View Post
I’ve been wanting a perpetual for years and finally got the Lange 1 perpetual yesterday. I got the white gold version but it is more or less what you have in mind.

I am loving it so far. It is elegant and discreet. I like that the dial layout is clean and beautiful. The hands never overlap, so you avoid those moments during the day (such as on the AP RO QP and VC Overseas QP) where you can’t read all of the information. I was worried about the 41.9mm case size, but it actually fits quite well on my 17cm wrist.

I wish that the hands had lume (for practicality and everyday wear) and that the case were a bit thinner. I was able to purchase this as my second Lange piece so did not have a very deep history with the boutique.

I was also interested in the AP QP and VC QP. I might still get them. The VC QP is great because of how thin it is, but I believe it is still hard to get without a decent purchase history. Probably attainable within 1 year if you have a decent purchase history and relationship.

The AP RO QP is iconic but will require a significant history with the brand. The FPJ QP is incredible but you would need to develop a strong relationship with a boutique to get one allocated and the timeline would be in the years. I didn’t consider the Patek as I don’t have a relationship with an AD yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the Lange 1 perpetual MSRP?

I saw the pink gold dial and I'm in love. Such a clean display of so much information.
Old 22 March 2023, 07:59 AM   #43
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
What was the Lange 1 perpetual MSRP?

I saw the pink gold dial and I'm in love. Such a clean display of so much information.
I believe the new price for the pink gold/grey dial is $126K.
Old 22 March 2023, 09:18 AM   #44
7sins
"TRF" Member

Tough to beat the 5740 for a slim WG QP with an electric blue dial to drool over.

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 11:29 AM   #45
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:

And I believe the new price for the white gold/pink gold dial is around $140K

wirru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 06:50 PM   #46
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
UK price for pink gold/grey dial is Ł122,700
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 01:20 AM   #47
b0rderman
"TRF" Member

I had always wanted to add a perpetual calendar, but beginning last year, that desire got more specific...I wanted to daily a perpetual calendar. Simultaneously, I've developed a very strong preference for thin watches. So naturally I got one of these:

I wear it every day, and it makes me feel like I did when I got my first "real" watch.
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 05:37 PM   #48
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212

Not a glamour shot with the hands arranged at 10:10.. this shot was more for the strap color matching moonphase. Anyways, what is brilliant about this watch is the. Push button at 10:00, keeps all indications in sync 1 day at a time… you don’t have to leave in winder… I have a patek AC as well and it’s a pain to set so I have to keep that one in rotation or move it as long the traditional way with the hands

pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 11:28 PM   #49
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Tough to beat the 5740 for a slim WG QP with an electric blue dial to drool over.

one of my all time faves completely drool worthy - unfortunately zero chance of me ever getting one at MSRP
Old 23 March 2023, 11:30 PM   #50
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdnb View Post

Not a glamour shot with the hands arranged at 10:10.. this shot was more for the strap color matching moonphase. Anyways, what is brilliant about this watch is the. Push button at 10:00, keeps all indications in sync 1 day at a time… you don’t have to leave in winder… I have a patek AC as well and it’s a pain to set so I have to keep that one in rotation or move it as long the traditional way with the hands

absolutely 100% stunning - thanks for sharing the info about the sync adjustments- also love the strap color
Old 24 March 2023, 12:55 PM   #51
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:
absolutely 100% stunning - thanks for sharing the info about the sync adjustments- also love the strap color

The newer Lange perpetuals have an actuator but requires the stylus.

Thanks good luck

pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2023, 01:10 PM   #52
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Quote:
I was in a similar situation 3 years back. I wanted a perpetual calendar that's usable and eligibility is extremely important.

I looked at Moser, GO, and a gray dial Lange Datograph perpetual pre-owned at a great price.

I ended up with a GO. The value proposition was absolutely amazing.

Saw all 3 watches in person. The finishing of Datograph perpetual is absolutely fantastic. I end up passing on the watch due to power reserve only being 36 hours and the legibility.

The possibility of resetting a perpetual calendar every time I want to wear the watch is intimidating

GO is the way to go. Very legible. Great value when bought correctly and can wear with ease. That's one of my next routes.
Old 26 March 2023, 04:09 PM   #53
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman View Post
GO is the way to go. Very legible. Great value when bought correctly and can wear with ease. That's one of my next routes.
GO Perpetual calendar is the watch I wear the most in my collection. It can be used as a daily watch.

I spend some time with all 4 of these watches.

In my opinion. Go offers 60% of the finishing of the Lange Datograph perpetual at 1/8 of the price. It's really hard to beat that value proposition. It's very functional, highly legible, and doesn't weight like a brick

Lange Datograph perpetual is my favorite watch out of the four. The 36 hours of power reserve is not ideal. Knowing myself, if I end up buying that watch. I would not adjust the date, which defeats the whole purpose of having a perpetual calendar

The Moser is a nice watch, but It just doesn't feel like a perpetual calendar.

FPJ Perpetual calendar is an underrated and underappreciated watch. Technically it is absolutely brilliant. I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics. I would love to own an Octa perpetual.

Old 29 March 2023, 04:19 PM   #54
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I would love to own an Octa perpetual.
Most people don't remember there ever was one!
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 10:40 PM   #55
helloworldies
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Omega

I've been wearing this a lot.
It's not supremely legible but the charm is undeniable.
helloworldies is online now   Reply With Quote