The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 March 2021, 11:55 PM   #1
Rivazza
"TRF" Member

H Moser Movements

Good morning all,

I've recently taken a liking to H Moser, specifically the Heritage Centre Seconds and the Streamliner Centre seconds. After reading several reviews and watching a few videos I can't seem to find how accurate their movements are. Are they at least COSC? Does anyone have any insight??
Rivazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2021, 03:12 PM   #2
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
yes, COSC. I've read somewhere about this.
huydoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 09:49 AM   #3
athens7
2024 Pledge Member

When I bought my Heritage Centre Seconds (calibre HMC200), I could find no information about accuracy. I reached out directly to Moser and was told that the company regulates their movements to +9/-1 seconds per day, averaged over 6 positions. They are not COSC certified. My Heritage gains about 8 seconds per day, a little more as the mainspring reaches the end of the power reserve.
athens7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 10:04 AM   #4
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

my streamliner centre seconds ran about +6 per day pretty consistently. i'll be honest tho i havent had very good timing for any of my watches, patek, rolex, iwc, jlc, AP, seiko. none ran within cosc standards out of the box. first one that did was my GO seaq last year.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 12:43 PM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’d say a bit quirky. Ive had that basic movement in 3 mosers. On two of them I would turn the crown like 30 times to get it going. Then movement would stop. I’d tap the back glass and it starts again. Weird.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 03:55 AM   #6
Rivazza
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies. Nice to know I'm not the only one who hasn't found anything definitive on the matter. Should've known I was going down the rabbit hole whenever I watched a few of Tim Mosso's videos and he didn't bring up accuracy. At this point, not sure it's a deal breaker but I'd kind of like them to at least be COSC. They are just so damn beautiful that it may just put accuracy in the backseat.
Rivazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2021, 04:38 AM   #7
Longhorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK SMASH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I’d say a bit quirky. Ive had that basic movement in 3 mosers. On two of them I would turn the crown like 30 times to get it going. Then movement would stop. I’d tap the back glass and it starts again. Weird.
Bringing this up. Noticed that my streamliner rotor has a tendency to get stuck and not wind. It was missed by me early on because I often rotate my watches every couple days. Confirmed it gets stuck unless i repeatedly shake it back on track. I guess the tolerances are off. If i tap the back glass it makes the escapement spring start running, but just for a short bit. I can give it a full wind and get the rated power reserve, but the rotor doesn't cut it. The watch with die after a few dies.

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this with the HMC200 movement. This watch was originally purchased 12/2020, so i'll be seeking a warranty claim.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2021, 05:07 AM   #8
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

My Moser Endeavour has a concept dial so it's practically impossible for me to measure its accuracy.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2021, 11:52 PM   #9
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Never had issues with my HMC 200 pioneer regarding the movement. Runs about 7 seconds fast but I have no issues with that. Initially had a issue with the hands, but it was quickly and professionally resolved and never had an issue since. Most Brand’s are not doing COSC, pretty much included all of Richemont and Swatch Group. Besides Rolex, Omega and Breitling - no one else is actively doing it.
Old 16 August 2021, 12:19 AM   #10
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftycomfort View Post
My Moser Endeavour has a concept dial so it's practically impossible for me to measure its accuracy.
Best answer in a Moser thread
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 04:31 AM   #11
watchdose
"TRF" Member

Hmc200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
The watch with die after a few dies.

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this with the HMC200 movement. This watch was originally purchased 12/2020, so i'll be seeking a warranty claim.
Same problem happened to me. However, i just started noticed it 2 years after my purchase date. I did not expect for a Moser in-house movement to get stuck like that.
watchdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 09:20 AM   #12
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

with a concept dial ... doesnt matter
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 03:45 PM   #13
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by athens7 View Post
When I bought my Heritage Centre Seconds (calibre HMC200), I could find no information about accuracy. I reached out directly to Moser and was told that the company regulates their movements to +9/-1 seconds per day, averaged over 6 positions. They are not COSC certified. My Heritage gains about 8 seconds per day, a little more as the mainspring reaches the end of the power reserve.

Same here. Average is +4.5s/day for the past 66 days. Sometimes 8+ s/day depending depending on activities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 06:12 PM   #14
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
Never had issues with my HMC 200 pioneer regarding the movement. Runs about 7 seconds fast but I have no issues with that. Initially had a issue with the hands, but it was quickly and professionally resolved and never had an issue since. Most Brand’s are not doing COSC, pretty much included all of Richemont and Swatch Group. Besides Rolex, Omega and Breitling - no one else is actively doing it.

What was the problem with the hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2023, 11:05 PM   #15
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

As a data point, just picked up the H. Moser & Cie. Heritage Centre Seconds (March 2023) and put it on the timegrapher. She has a very impressive hairspring that reads 328. Impressive and strong!

On the timegrapher she was +6 seconds (averaged for positions). Ok, that agrees with many here. For the heck of it, I took out my decades-old and trusted compass. YUP, she was slightly magnetized.

So i demag'ed the timepiece. Timegrapher then said +2 seconds/day. On my wrist, worn for the past 24 hours, the H. Moser & Cie HMC 200 in-house movement is running +/-0 for the past 24 hours. Most impressive!

Heritage_Centre_Seconds_Blue_Dial_Wrist_Firepit.jpg

Heritage_Centre_Seconds_Blue_Movement.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 12:56 AM   #16
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Congrats on that pickup Steven! Really like the aesthetic of that piece. As I know you can fire off some nice photos, would love to see a lume shot if you get a chance.

Edit: Just went to the website. The indices on that piece are epic! Ceramic infused with Super-LumiNova.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 01:53 AM   #17
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

You're right, some epic lume shots online and it stays quite visible through the night. I'm a lume junkie and so the raised numbers really make this ⌚ stand out.

The movement decoration and attention to detail are spectacular!

Moser-Heritage-Centre-Seconds-Funky-Blue_005.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 30 March 2023, 02:29 AM   #18
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

UPDATE: She's been on bicycle rides, chillin' 'round the pool, while working on the car, etc. worn 24/7. All good, plus we're now on Day Four and she is (in total) +3.5 seconds. Great regulation H. Moser!

Love, love, love this timepiece

Old 30 March 2023, 02:47 AM   #19
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I'm guessing there is no readily available advertised spec because there's nothing particularly special about the movement's accuracy. Which is fine. I have no issues with that, so long as the movement is consistent and reliable.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote