The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 February 2023, 02:33 AM   #1
yakface82
"TRF" Member

Panda Daytona Prices 116500LN UK

With Panda (116500LN) prices coming back down to Earth, what is everyone’s views on where these will settle.

I have seen a couple recently for £25k used, or £26-28k unworn.

I already have 3 others (Sub, GMT, YM) all bought new at my AD, but impossible to get on the real Daytona list.

I’m getting tempted when they get to £25k unworn. I understand this will still be double list, but I would intend to daily wear it and it will likely recover long term if values continue to drop. They were sitting sub 20k for a long time pre lockdown.

Views welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yakface82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 02:42 AM   #2
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Panda Daytona Prices 116500LN UK

Depends if adding a Daytona is your end game or if their are still other pieces you want. If adding a Daytona finishes your collection, then for sure go grey. As you say whilst prices may drop a little further, long term you’ll probably be thereabouts plus you get your watch pronto.

If you want others pieces, then you might not been as far from getting on the real list as you think. On that basis, I’d suggest you have an honest and open conversation with your AD.

For what it’s worth, I bought 4 watches from my UK AD (1st in 2017, 2 in 2021 and 1 towards the end of 2022) before getting a Daytona, just 2 weeks ago. It’s not all about spend history.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 08:11 AM   #3
TheWatchmen
"TRF" Member

As long as you bought your other watches new from your AD and tell people what they are, that’s always the most important thing to mention in a post.
TheWatchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 08:29 AM   #4
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
It’s a total finger in the air - anyone who says anything else probably has a vested interest.

I’ve thought about this a lot in the same way I think what my buy and sell price is on certain shares. You never know but unless you’ve considered what you’re happy with in advance, you don’t know when to act.

To avoid the obvious accusations, I don’t view watches as investments because I don’t hold them to earn money. Having said that, I’d like a black 116500LN and I think holding off for somewhere in the region of £18k is where I’d be happy and is realistic (50% premium). Panda probably £2k or £3k more but I think I’d buy black dial. I was offered a black dial unworn today at £21k so we’re not a million miles away.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 05:18 PM   #5
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

I think there is room for further decrease in prices. But there will always be a premium for 116500s whether it’s white or black dial.
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote