The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 January 2023, 10:06 PM   #1
newguy3912
"TRF" Member

is there a wait-list for Omega watches?

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm new to omega and curious whether it's the same experience as Rolex where it is basically impossible to buy a watch from an AD? Based on some of the comments here it seems certain watches there is a wait-list, but curious whether that's true for most Omega brand watched? specifically, I'm interested in the aqua Terra and planet ocean style watches, which do not appear to be hype pieces.

Can I go to most ADs and buy it from inventory? also, there are so many styles... do ADs stock most styles or only some?
newguy3912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 10:10 PM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum.

Most AD’s here carry the full range of Omega references and if they don’t have them, they can usually get what yo7 want in fairly short order.

The exceptions being the Snoopy and 321 which is a boutique only reference.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 10:31 PM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
You shouldn't have trouble purchasing your preferred Omega. If you're in the City then the Omega Boutique on 5th Ave can show you just about anything in the catalog, but if you're in Western New York then there are hardly any dealers to visit. One AD in Rochester now, and that's it.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2023, 10:36 PM   #4
newguy3912
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
You shouldn't have trouble purchasing your preferred Omega. If you're in the City then the Omega Boutique on 5th Ave can show you just about anything in the catalog, but if you're in Western New York then there are hardly any dealers to visit. One AD in Rochester now, and that's it.
awesome.. I am in midtown, so I will definitely stop by the boutique. thank you!
Old 23 January 2023, 03:05 PM   #5
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Not only no waiting list, but most every Omega can and should be had with a discount. Certainly not as much as one as in previous years, but a discount nonetheless.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2023, 03:07 PM   #6
S``
"TRF" Member

Snoopy, 321 are examples of models destined for the "games as purchasing a popular Rolex"
S`` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2023, 12:25 AM   #7
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Most AD’s here carry the full range of Omega references and if they don’t have them, they can usually get what yo7 want in fairly short order.

The exceptions being the Snoopy and 321 which is a boutique only reference.
In USA. 321 and snoopy are sold at regular ad’s and not exclusive to boutique.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2023, 12:33 AM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
There seems to be mixed opinions on that.

In the case of the 321 I've only seen one poster to this forum who claimed to receive it (actually 2 of I recall) at an AD.

Definitely boutique everywhere I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 24 January 2023, 02:21 AM   #9
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
There've been so few Snoopy's and 321's sold at AD's in the US that they might as well be boutique only. The number of 321's and Snoopy's sold at US AD's is probably less than 5 total.

In terms of waitlist watches, Omega has the Snoopy, 321 EW, and the 2 moonshine gold full bracelets are basically waitlist at this point. The Snoopy and 321 EW are true waitlist while the moonshine gold bracelets just aren't being produced in high numbers. I was told 7 moonshines on bracelets were sold in the US since release. They're not true waitlist needing an allocation from Omega but you won't be able to walk in and order the moonshine on bracelet and get it within a month either.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2023, 02:35 AM   #10
newguy3912
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Not only no waiting list, but most every Omega can and should be had with a discount. Certainly not as much as one as in previous years, but a discount nonetheless.
are the discounts advertised? or do I have to ask for them....
Old 24 January 2023, 02:40 AM   #11
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy3912 View Post
are the discounts advertised? or do I have to ask for them....
You'll have to ask for them but don't be surprised if people say no discounts. If you go to an Omega boutique expect no discounts on anything but you may be able to get an extra strap or something.
Old 24 January 2023, 03:48 AM   #12
seriously_watch_this
"TRF" Member

Watch: Today a Yachtmstr
is there a wait-list for Omega watches?

Definitely a waiting list on some sport hype pieces, besides the Snoopy and Moonshine - I waited almost 4 months for my Green Seamaster. And there’s already a list for the new Blue Bond Seamaster, and all the colorful Aqua Terras.

And in my experience, Omega Boutiques definitely do not offer discounts- at least not on a single purchase.

I would go alternative retail for something like a PO or other sport model that’s been around a while. You can easily get 25% below retail if you look around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seriously_watch_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2023, 05:26 PM   #13
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriously_watch_this View Post
Definitely a waiting list on some sport hype pieces, besides the Snoopy and Moonshine - I waited almost 4 months for my Green Seamaster. And there’s already a list for the new Blue Bond Seamaster, and all the colorful Aqua Terras.

And in my experience, Omega Boutiques definitely do not offer discounts- at least not on a single purchase.

I would go alternative retail for something like a PO or other sport model that’s been around a while. You can easily get 25% below retail if you look around.

This is true.
Green Seamaster, especially on rubber, isn't rare but it's not sitting in the case either.
Moonshine is low production, Snoopy is unobtainable since they stopped taking names months ago.
Now, they'll find a Snoopy for whales but that's about it going forward.

Good luck in your search!

ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2023, 08:44 PM   #14
TomInNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy3912 View Post
awesome.. I am in midtown, so I will definitely stop by the boutique. thank you!
At the 5th Avenue boutique, ask for Rach. Really great guy, and very knowledgeable about Omega (no surprise) and watches generally.
TomInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 12:02 AM   #15
JoePiterson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomInNJ View Post
At the 5th Avenue boutique, ask for Rach. Really great guy, and very knowledgeable about Omega (no surprise) and watches generally.
I was there and asked, but for some reason I can’t decide between rolexes and omega and hublot, there are owners of these watches.

Tell us about your experience.

Thank you)
JoePiterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 02:25 AM   #16
Cassidyanne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePiterson View Post
I was there and asked, but for some reason I can’t decide between rolexes and omega and hublot, there are owners of these watches.

Tell us about your experience.

Thank you)
You seem to be a Hublot guy….. no waiting for those!
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 12:13 AM   #17
JoePiterson
"TRF" Member

Check
JoePiterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 03:02 AM   #18
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Omega overall is very, very easy to obtain.

They make lots and lots of watches.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 08:13 AM   #19
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
There seems to be mixed opinions on that.

In the case of the 321 I've only seen one poster to this forum who claimed to receive it (actually 2 of I recall) at an AD.

Definitely boutique everywhere I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Didn’t say it was easy to source but regular ad’s do get 321 and snoopy. 2 local ad’s have had both.
Old 22 February 2023, 08:16 AM   #20
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
There've been so few Snoopy's and 321's sold at AD's in the US that they might as well be boutique only. The number of 321's and Snoopy's sold at US AD's is probably less than 5 total.

In terms of waitlist watches, Omega has the Snoopy, 321 EW, and the 2 moonshine gold full bracelets are basically waitlist at this point. The Snoopy and 321 EW are true waitlist while the moonshine gold bracelets just aren't being produced in high numbers. I was told 7 moonshines on bracelets were sold in the US since release. They're not true waitlist needing an allocation from Omega but you won't be able to walk in and order the moonshine on bracelet and get it within a month either.
Seriously doubt they only 5 total , 321 and snoopys combined is true. One of my local ad;s has had one snoopy and 2 321’s. Another ad has had a 321 and snoopy. I am just in one area so no way is total only 5. They are super hard to get but that statistic is prob some bs from omega boutique sa.

Old 22 February 2023, 09:03 AM   #21
Cassidyanne
Banned

No problem getting an omega at any AD. They make a lot of watchers and they are notoriously slow sellers. Great watches, nevertheless!
Cassidyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 12:32 PM   #22
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seriously doubt they only 5 total , 321 and snoopys combined is true. One of my local ad;s has had one snoopy and 2 321’s. Another ad has had a 321 and snoopy. I am just in one area so no way is total only 5. They are super hard to get but that statistic is prob some bs from omega boutique sa.

Snoopy’s just recently started hitting AD’s in bigger numbers. Before, I’ve only seen one Snoopy hit an AD in 2 years. Seems like Snoopy’s are starting to be produced a lot more now. As for 321’s, that’s still pretty rare.
Old 17 March 2023, 11:24 PM   #23
Laila_21
"TRF" Member

Yes, it's possible for certain Omega watches to have a wait-list. Popular models such as the Speedmaster, Seamaster, and Constellation are often in high demand, and Omega may have limited availability due to production capacity or high demand.

In some cases, authorized Omega dealers may have a wait-list for certain models, especially if they are in high demand or are newly released. However, not all models have a wait-list, and it ultimately depends on the specific watch and the availability of inventory.
Laila_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2023, 02:40 AM   #24
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Are Ed Whites only reserved for certain Omega customers? Does this constitute a waitlist of just a really exclusive model of the Speedmaster?
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2023, 02:47 AM   #25
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Are Ed Whites only reserved for certain Omega customers? Does this constitute a waitlist of just a really exclusive model of the Speedmaster?
For what it’s worth my local boutique told me to spend $50-$60K to jump the Snoopy queue, and according to them the 321 is on another level of rarity and therefore another level of spending. I ended up just going grey.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2023, 02:57 AM   #26
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
I believe Omega has tiered this watch in that there are two paths to entry via a boutique, both of which come with an element of patience and luck. Path 1 is spend history, which will be well over $50k or more depending on location. Path 2 is regardless of spend history, convince them you know everything there is to know about the 321, NASA, the Speedmaster etc and form a great relationship with the SA. The latter worked for me and several others here, but it’s not like we just “decided” to learn about the history for the sake of the watch. I truly believe Omega wants the 321 in the hands of true enthusiasts - not just who like the idea/look of the 321 or who can spend the most. In many ways, I feel this watch creates a community of like minded collectors more so than maybe any other watch on market today, except for some of the high end perpetual calendar Pateks/APs. Again, both paths require patience. Nothing is happening overnight, and the list maybe huge in some markets so going gray is a reasonable option IMO.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2023, 03:20 AM   #27
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
… Path 2 is regardless of spend history, convince them you know everything there is to know about the 321, NASA, the Speedmaster etc and form a great relationship with the SA. The latter worked for me and several others here, but it’s not like we just “decided” to learn about the history for the sake of the watch. I truly believe Omega wants the 321 in the hands of true enthusiasts - not just who like the idea/look of the 321 or who can spend the most. In many ways, I feel this watch creates a community of like minded collectors more so than maybe any other watch on market today, except for some of the high end perpetual calendar Pateks/APs. Again, both paths require patience. Nothing is happening overnight, and the list maybe huge in some markets so going gray is a reasonable option IMO.
Path 2 worked for me as well.

I was told pretty much verbatim that this is why I had been allocated the piece
Old 18 March 2023, 05:31 AM   #28
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Man sometimes I really wish I could meet some of these unicorn SAs that care how passionate you are about watches I bought my 3861 from them, showed them my 20+ year old Speedmaster that I still have from when I graduated college, checked in regularly to chat about the industry and watches, but still could never get a Snoopy or 321 without spending x amount.

I’m happy you guys were able to get it though, it gives me some hope for this industry.
Old 18 March 2023, 06:17 AM   #29
Trogster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
Man sometimes I really wish I could meet some of these unicorn SAs that care how passionate you are about watches I bought my 3861 from them, showed them my 20+ year old Speedmaster that I still have from when I graduated college, checked in regularly to chat about the industry and watches, but still could never get a Snoopy or 321 without spending x amount.

I’m happy you guys were able to get it though, it gives me some hope for this industry.
I can only speak about my personal experience, but after hopelessly waiting 12-months for my AD to deliver a 321, I retrieved my deposit and immediately went to the local OB where I had ZERO purchase history.

I explained my 12-month wait in vain.....4-weeks later he delivered my 321.

He earned a loyal customer that day and I've since purchased 3-more Omegas from them.
Trogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2023, 06:50 AM   #30
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogster View Post
I can only speak about my personal experience, but after hopelessly waiting 12-months for my AD to deliver a 321, I retrieved my deposit and immediately went to the local OB where I had ZERO purchase history.

I explained my 12-month wait in vain.....4-weeks later he delivered my 321.

He earned a loyal customer that day and I've since purchased 3-more Omegas from them.
That’s awesome, and how it should be