The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 March 2023, 02:36 AM   #91
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
From one of my SAs it sounds like they're dropping 16 ADs this year. That would take 53 down to 37. Nothing on the website yet but that's disappointing for those of us who don't happen to live near a surviving AD.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 03:21 AM   #92
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexandlange View Post
I see so many hot AP's flipped for immediate profit. It is as if their control of the distribution process has actually made the right watches reaching the right people even less likely. 15202s and 16202s go to the best customers, and the best customers are flippers, which is sad for the brand that they actually don't know who their real customers are.
Don’t they get blocked/barred/blacklisted when someone scans the card?
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 05:42 AM   #93
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That is seriously rough.

What do we do in these situations? I mean, the years and years of building relationships...

Start over—unfortunately that’s what I’ve had to do. It isn’t been pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 06:00 AM   #94
Dayhvac
"TRF" Member

Go grey, probably cheaper in the long run as opposed to starting over. That's what I did. Got tired of playing new AD's games
Dayhvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 06:40 AM   #95
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
We are going to about 30 ADs in states.
Old 29 March 2023, 08:48 AM   #96
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

have the dealers losing AD status been notified already?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 10:33 AM   #97
carnivor32
"TRF" Member

Was just at bucherer Time Machine and no one mentioned losing patek
carnivor32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 11:09 AM   #98
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Yes from what I can tell two in the midwest have already been told
Old 29 March 2023, 01:02 PM   #99
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
Don’t they get blocked/barred/blacklisted when someone scans the card?
That's why people ask for "safe sales" with the buyer promising not to re-register the watch.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 11:00 PM   #100
v8plus4
"TRF" Member

Watch: it's complicated
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU-MOOSE View Post
I heard from a friend that my AD lost PP. I texted my SA and he confirmed that they were dropped.

This sucks.
Which AD is this?
v8plus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 02:19 AM   #101
Will_NL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Yes, at least one in The Netherlands has been notified
Will_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 03:12 AM   #102
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
That's why people ask for "safe sales" with the buyer promising not to re-register the watch.
Haha first I've heard of this
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 03:50 AM   #103
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayhvac View Post
Go grey, probably cheaper in the long run as opposed to starting over. That's what I did. Got tired of playing new AD's games
Yeah and almost all PP lose value except the steel sports watches and very very limited pieces. So no real point in buying new...
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:07 AM   #104
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
Patek price increase and store closures

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivor32 View Post
Was just at bucherer Time Machine and no one mentioned losing patek

Bucherer has a long relationship with PP, expanding more than 100 years if I’m not mistaken. I think this one would be one of the last ones to go, even though some of the locations could be asked not to sell PP I guess.

Regarding building new relationships with ADs, I met a collector the other day (at Bucherer just so happens), and he mentioned that ADs in France and Switzerland specifically tend to be much easier to deal with and don’t play games such as “buy this and this before this…”. Not sure how accurate his statement might be, anyone have this experience?
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:25 AM   #105
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101 View Post
Same happened to me with Lange and Sincere. Relationship lost once they went boutique only. Last time I went in their boutique they told me had to bundle a few watches
to be considered for a chronograph. You’d think they could track the watches you’ve bought via AD previously but no.
I just gave up with Lange at that point, put me off the brand completely.

Did you try contacting Lange directly? If you had a significant history with the brand I would definitely do this after being told that at one of their boutiques. Might not take you anywhere, but who know it might just get you that chronograph.
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:25 AM   #106
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuloa View Post
Bucherer has a long relationship with PP, expanding more than 100 years if I’m not mistaken. I think this one would be one of the last ones to go, even though some of the locations could be asked not to sell PP I guess.

Regarding building new relationships with ADs, I met a collector the other day (at Bucherer just so happens), and he mentioned that ADs in France and Switzerland specifically tend to be much easier to deal with and don’t play games such as “buy this and this before this…”. Not sure how accurate his statement might be, anyone have this experience?
Well, no experience but there are no Patek ADs in France. Just the Salon at Place Vendome.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 03:08 PM   #107
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Well, no experience but there are no Patek ADs in France. Just the Salon at Place Vendome.

Because Geneva is close enough and Patek clientele is supposed to have enough money for a PJ inside of Europe- just kidding I have still no idea why that is. Germany has so many ADs so has the UK. France with only one Salon doesn’t make any sense to me

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 06:13 PM   #108
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Because Geneva is close enough and Patek clientele is supposed to have enough money for a PJ inside of Europe- just kidding I have still no idea why that is. Germany has so many ADs so has the UK. France with only one Salon doesn’t make any sense to me

What I understood from the Wempe interview is that nobody seemed to really be motivated to create a nice Patek AD in Paris at the level Patek wanted in the late 1980's/early1990's, hence they decided they had to go by themsleves. It seems they didn't really plan to build a Salon there in the first place (which doesn't surprise me).
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 05:26 AM   #109
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
What I understood from the Wempe interview is that nobody seemed to really be motivated to create a nice Patek AD in Paris at the level Patek wanted in the late 1980's/early1990's, hence they decided they had to go by themsleves. It seems they didn't really plan to build a Salon there in the first place (which doesn't surprise me).
sure I get it but how about an AD or two in the south of france like Cannes ? Seems like there is enough rich clientele there
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 08:34 AM   #110
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
sure I get it but how about an AD or two in the south of france like Cannes ? Seems like there is enough rich clientele there
I totally agree I found it odd too. There was one somewhere in the south of France a few years back if I recall correctly. I don't know if they lost the brand or if they closed.
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 03:55 PM   #111
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
We are going to about 30 ADs in states.
We are down to 46 ADs as of April 2023.
Patek just updated their ADs on their website…
Old 2 April 2023, 11:50 PM   #112
PVR
"TRF" Member

For the last 10 years there have been countless threads about not buying grey market, establishing a relationship with your AD, don't feed into the above dealer markups, etc..

Now, all the people who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars with their local AD to establish a long standing relationship are F'ed.

Find the watch you want from any seller, haggle like hell and own the watch you want when you want it. The waiting game and BS these AD's have been putting us through for years is about to come to an end.

I'm happy about it.
PVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 02:28 AM   #113
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
We are down to 46 ADs as of April 2023.
Patek just updated their ADs on their website…
37 ADs in the UK, way too many compared to the USA
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 04:07 AM   #114
Watchasizer
"TRF" Member

I'm personally becoming very turned off and know several people that are upset by Pateks closing of existing ADs without fair warning. They have us create relationships by spending a lot of money and then close without warning. They should assist existing customers on finding a new AD or they will just continue to lose very good customers that have been waiting a long time for pieces just to be left empty handed. How do we know if the next AD we create a relationship will be just shut down out of nowhere ? Bad business practice by Patek.
Watchasizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 10:33 AM   #115
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchasizer View Post
I'm personally becoming very turned off and know several people that are upset by Pateks closing of existing ADs without fair warning. They have us create relationships by spending a lot of money and then close without warning. They should assist existing customers on finding a new AD or they will just continue to lose very good customers that have been waiting a long time for pieces just to be left empty handed. How do we know if the next AD we create a relationship will be just shut down out of nowhere ? Bad business practice by Patek.
Absolutely, unless you already have a relationship with an AD in NY, Miami, Chicago, LA or Vegas do you feel comfortable trying to re-establish a relationship that will probably be gone in the next couple of years?
Old 4 April 2023, 10:43 AM   #116
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVR View Post
For the last 10 years there have been countless threads about not buying grey market, establishing a relationship with your AD, don't feed into the above dealer markups, etc..

Now, all the people who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars with their local AD to establish a long standing relationship are F'ed.

Find the watch you want from any seller, haggle like hell and own the watch you want when you want it. The waiting game and BS these AD's have been putting us through for years is about to come to an end.

I'm happy about it.
100%. Some people on here are delusional & cucked lol
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote