The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 February 2023, 09:29 PM   #1
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
AP Houses/Boutiques & Retailers around the world

So I am not going to hide that I love AP and that it is my favorite brand.
As such, I spent few hours every week to learn as much as I can about the brand.

I decided to compile a list of all retail locations around the world, with info coming directly from their website. We all know they are moving to their own point of sales and are gradually reducing retailers.
So as of Feb 2023, I included 78 AP owned locations (13 Houses and 65 Boutiques) and 21 retailers for a total of 99 AP Houses/Boutiques/Retailers.

Hopefully that helps people who are starting with AP, or those who are switching boutiques.
I checked few times and I am pretty sure it is the full list, but if I have missed something just comment below.
Attached Images
File Type: png AP Houses_Boutiques 1.PNG (33.9 KB, 1261 views)
File Type: png AP Houses_Boutiques 2.PNG (33.8 KB, 1249 views)
File Type: png AP Retailers 1.PNG (13.0 KB, 1231 views)
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 09:40 PM   #2
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Very interesting, thanks for posting this. Looks like there’s been a couple changes since I made my list late 2022. I had counted 75 total boutiques and houses.

Looks like I was missing Seoul, Palazzo, and Amsterdam. Anyone have any first hand info on these 3? Is the boutique at Palazzo new? Also interesting to see AP Lounge Amsterdam. Is this a new concept and is it new? It was definitely not there last time I checked. Might have to try and visit in the next couple weeks. Lastly, Seoul is listed as temporarily closed on the website.

For reference, I am now at 18/78 visited.
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 09:57 PM   #3
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Just got off the phone with Amsterdam. The Lounge is a small, temporary concept located within their offices, to host guests in preparation of the opening of AP House in June/July 2023. Scheduled an appt for next week as I had a connection at Schiphol which I will just prolong by a few hours. The Lounge is 10 minutes from the airport. The lady on the phone was extremely friendly and spoke perfect English :)
Old 21 February 2023, 10:04 PM   #4
AEV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWorldTour View Post
Just got off the phone with Amsterdam. The Lounge is a small, temporary concept located within their offices, to host guests in preparation of the opening of AP House in June/July 2023. Scheduled an appt for next week as I had a connection at Schiphol which I will just prolong by a few hours. The Lounge is 10 minutes from the airport. The lady on the phone was extremely friendly and spoke perfect English :)
I visited few weeks back. Very nice people. They have watchmaker on site and also some exhibition pieces. :)
Old 21 February 2023, 10:05 PM   #5
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Very interesting, thanks for posting this. Looks like there’s been a couple changes since I made my list late 2022. I had counted 75 total boutiques and houses.

Looks like I was missing Seoul, Palazzo, and Amsterdam. Anyone have any first hand info on these 3? Is the boutique at Palazzo new? Also interesting to see AP Lounge Amsterdam. Is this a new concept and is it new? It was definitely not there last time I checked. Might have to try and visit in the next couple weeks. Lastly, Seoul is listed as temporarily closed on the website.

For reference, I am now at 18/78 visited.
The Amsterdam AP Lounge is a provisional location, situated at AP’s Northwest European distribution and sales office. The Amsterdam AP House, the new AP spot close to the museum quarter, will open as soon as the revamping of the building is finished. Probably during spring this year.
Good luck with the completion of visiting all the AP stores
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 10:08 PM   #6
LUDA
"TRF" Member

It's amazing how big of a market Italy has always been for luxury watches compared to other similarly sized european countries.

Also interesting how Spain having only 2 both are AP House, there's only another country with 2 AP House, Hong Kong.
LUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 10:09 PM   #7
DeanoD
"TRF" Member

Just spoke to my SA at AP East Hampton. He said East Hampton and Manhasset will be closing on March 31.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
DeanoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:03 AM   #8
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

The Seoul location is in Gangnam and will open in April.

Also, is the Riyadh location a boutique? I went there last year and they told me they use a distributor technically to get all their pieces. perhaps that's how they all work in the backend but he was basically telling me that they purchase from a middle man in the Middle East etc
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:24 AM   #9
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
So I am not going to hide that I love AP and that it is my favorite brand.
As such, I spent few hours every week to learn as much as I can about the brand.

I decided to compile a list of all retail locations around the world, with info coming directly from their website. We all know they are moving to their own point of sales and are gradually reducing retailers.
So as of Feb 2023, I included 78 AP owned locations (13 Houses and 65 Boutiques) and 21 retailers for a total of 99 AP Houses/Boutiques/Retailers.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:42 AM   #10
AEV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoD View Post
Just spoke to my SA at AP East Hampton. He said East Hampton and Manhasset will be closing on March 31.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Interesting.
But having AP House and AP Boutique in New York it makes sense to close these two boutiques.
Old 22 February 2023, 01:43 AM   #11
aldyrifqi
"TRF" Member

Hk central building is owned by AD king fook
aldyrifqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:44 AM   #12
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoD View Post
Hm, too bad, just visited Manhasset a few weeks ago and was planning to go to Eat Hampton when work takes me to eastern Long Island next time. Those were joint ventures with London jewelers, IIRC?
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 22 February 2023, 01:51 AM   #13
AEV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
The Seoul location is in Gangnam and will open in April.

Also, is the Riyadh location a boutique? I went there last year and they told me they use a distributor technically to get all their pieces. perhaps that's how they all work in the backend but he was basically telling me that they purchase from a middle man in the Middle East etc
Indeed for Seoul it says it is scheduled to open in 2023.

For Saudi it says the boutique is by Platinum Sands. It is actually not uncommon for that part of the world business to be done via a distributor.
Old 22 February 2023, 01:54 AM   #14
AEV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Mojo View Post
It's in all world's greatest cities. It would be interesting if you did it for Patek too so we can compare.
Someone else made a high level overview for Patek on the Patek forum.
Basically showing the decrease in the ADs across the last few years.
Old 28 February 2023, 10:11 PM   #15
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I visited few weeks back. Very nice people. They have watchmaker on site and also some exhibition pieces. :)

Just finished with the visit. Incredibly welcoming team and got to try on the new codes. Got lucky as they are sending them back tomorrow. Can’t wait to visit again when the new House opens.
Old 28 February 2023, 11:01 PM   #16
AEV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just finished with the visit. Incredibly welcoming team and got to try on the new codes. Got lucky as they are sending them back tomorrow. Can’t wait to visit again when the new House opens.
Nice!
How are the Codes in real life?
From photos and pics I personally like the smoked beige 3 hander.
Old 1 March 2023, 12:56 AM   #17
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice!
How are the Codes in real life?
From photos and pics I personally like the smoked beige 3 hander.

Saw the green chrono, beige and blue non chronos. Unfortunately no photos. I will say they all felt great on the wrist. Been traveling naked for the past week (first time ever!) so it was nice to have something on the wrist again.

I will echo others’ opinions about the blue dial. The color is fantastic but the grey outer ring is offputting for me. For the past iterations, I preferred the chronos, but on the new steel ones I think I actually prefer the 3 handers. The beige looked surprisingly better in person than photos, and although I didn’t see the green non-chrono i think that would be my favorite of the new releases. Something about the black bottom subdial on the beige chrono that bothers me.
Old 1 March 2023, 06:06 AM   #18
NB614
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP / PP / Rolex
Great list, but I think it is important to note the boutiques that are joint ventures!

To my knowledge, Aspen, Boston, Dallas, East Hampton, and AP House NYC (Meatpacking), are joint venture boutiques with Material Good.
NB614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 06:49 AM   #19
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB614 View Post
Great list, but I think it is important to note the boutiques that are joint ventures!

To my knowledge, Aspen, Boston, Dallas, East Hampton, and AP House NYC (Meatpacking), are joint venture boutiques with Material Good.

Does anyone maintain relationships with boutiques that are joint venture boutiques and “independent” AP boutiques at the same time?

Which ones are easiest to get timepieces?

My friends suggest that it’s easier to get sought after pieces from the independent ADs because the JV boutiques will shuffle their allocations among all their stores. So the “grail”pieces will get pulled/shipped and given to their VIP customers irrespective of the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 07:58 AM   #20
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Hm, too bad, just visited Manhasset a few weeks ago and was planning to go to Eat Hampton when work takes me to eastern Long Island next time. Those were joint ventures with London jewelers, IIRC?
East Hampton is Material Goods and Manhasset is London Jewelers.
Quote:

Agreed, it's very important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
Does anyone maintain relationships with boutiques that are joint venture boutiques and “independent” AP boutiques at the same time?

My friends suggest that it’s easier to get sought after pieces from the independent ADs because the JV boutiques will shuffle their allocations among all their stores. So the “grail”pieces will get pulled/shipped and given to their VIP customers irrespective of the location.
I have heard what your friend suggests as well.
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 08:27 AM   #21
NB614
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP / PP / Rolex
Quote:

I don’t think you can have two different relationships despite the technical difference in boutique status.

I previously worked with a JV boutique before transferring elsewhere. I can’t confirm that JV boutiques shuffle their allocations, but I heard my old boutique manager mention CODEs coming from the Hamptons and then sending a factory pave diamond ROO to NYC. There was another time I remember a Hampton’s customer flying down to pick up a CODE chronograph tourbillon and they shut down the whole boutique.

Based on what I see and hear, I will say it seems like people have better luck at boutiques that are independent and not JV partnerships. Also, Material Good JV boutiques will highly encourage buying used timepieces from the MG store in NYC as well as diamond jewelry and Birkins to boost spend history.

Independent boutiques might encourage you to purchase a CODE or ROO to start that relationship, but at least they’ll never ask you to spend money on other miscellaneous things that would not be conducive to your AP profile.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps!
NB614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 08:57 AM   #22
jcatral14
"TRF" Member

Watch: aholic
Quote:
I don’t think you can have two different relationships despite the technical difference in boutique status.

I previously worked with a JV boutique before transferring elsewhere. I can’t confirm that JV boutiques shuffle their allocations, but I heard my old boutique manager mention CODEs coming from the Hamptons and then sending a factory pave diamond ROO to NYC. There was another time I remember a Hampton’s customer flying down to pick up a CODE chronograph tourbillon and they shut down the whole boutique.

Based on what I see and hear, I will say it seems like people have better luck at boutiques that are independent and not JV partnerships. Also, Material Good JV boutiques will highly encourage buying used timepieces from the MG store in NYC as well as diamond jewelry and Birkins to boost spend history.

Independent boutiques might encourage you to purchase a CODE or ROO to start that relationship, but at least they’ll never ask you to spend money on other miscellaneous things that would not be conducive to your AP profile.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps!
Thanks for sharing although my experience has been the opposite. I got an allocation within a few weeks at the AP House NY where I was waiting forever (coupla years) at the Boutique on 57th Street.

Interesting though, didn't know JV boutiques existed, much less a House.

OP, thanks for sharing and putting this together

jcatral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 07:54 PM   #23
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
Only a boutique and house in Germany. Wil be hard getting something in the future.
Old 2 March 2023, 12:37 AM   #24
ase_sbhwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Allocated pieces — i.e., most RO’s — still need to be approved by AP-corporate even at the Material Good boutiques. So I’m not understanding the scenario where your long-awaited grail gets “pulled” from your AD and reallocated elsewhere. Even if true—wouldn’t this work both ways?
ase_sbhwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2023, 02:50 AM   #25
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakman View Post
Only a boutique and house in Germany. Wil be hard getting something in the future.
Amsterdam and Hamburg houses are coming, supposedly.
Old 15 March 2023, 07:25 AM   #26
jokerjacket
"TRF" Member

So with ~100 POS locations, and approx 50k watches produced, does that mean each boutique is on average allocated ~500 watches/year?
jokerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2023, 03:44 PM   #27
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerjacket View Post
So with ~100 POS locations, and approx 50k watches produced, does that mean each boutique is on average allocated ~500 watches/year?
That’s what the math says….I’m sure some flagship Houses get more pieces than smaller boutiques.
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2023, 05:25 PM   #28
jokerjacket
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
That’s what the math says….I’m sure some flagship Houses get more pieces than smaller boutiques.
That does kind of put in perspective how difficult allocations can be and considering how many models AP has these days.
jokerjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2023, 06:12 PM   #29
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Amsterdam and Hamburg houses are coming, supposedly.
Hamburg over Berlin. Surprised but not surprised at the same time...
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2023, 07:51 PM   #30
AEV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerjacket View Post
20% of these are retailers/ADs. I don't expect same amount of pieces towards them.
USA is the biggest market with 30% share so they will get more pieces compared to Europe or Middle East.