The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 15 March 2023, 04:38 AM   #1
TheMaster
"TRF" Member

Chronomat B1 44 Stainless/Green/price

Hi love to get you opinion on this watch. Saw this piece at AD this past weekend. Big watch at 44MM but I have 7.25 inch wrist, still looked fine. Boy what a good looking watch, love the green and black ceramic bezel, love the rubber band, robust in house movement, a bit pricey at $8950, found online as low as $7000 still believe that's pricey.

Since it was the first time I seen the watch I didn't bother to negotiate, or poke around since it was a factory boutique I doubt they would do much to entice me, even though the sales lady was super duper cool.

In the meantime, what has been your experience in getting discount from boutique vs AD? Or did you go grey ?

I don't know much about dealing with Breitlngs, I imagine they are your typical not worth much resell types, basically like most brands.

Any insights? What the best grey deal? Joma? Watchshopping? etc.
TheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2023, 01:34 PM   #2
TheVision
"TRF" Member

Other than Rolex, I've never bought anything at ADs (even Omega). Jomashop is pretty decent, have their own inhouse warranty ..I had them repair a Tag aquaracer chrono years back and it took them 6 weeks. Bought several watches and no issues.

Look at resellers at Reddit as well....most can source Omega/Breitling from AD at 20% discount.

I've sold my Omega/Breitling to fund a sub but had very good experience with Breitling. I wore a superocean chrono for over 7 years as a daily and it ran cosc. Breitling is rock solid. That being said, the newer models are way overpriced ..at that range, I'd rather get a Omega anyway (smp or planet ocean).
TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2023, 01:13 AM   #3
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Push the AD for 20% off is what I would do. I've had a couple B01 movements and one was flawless while the other went back for warranty work twice so it was nice having the factory warranty.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote