The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 March 2023, 01:41 PM   #1
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
SMP 300 green being discontinued?

So was at my OB today getting the bracelet on my Speedy adjusted. Talked to my guy there about a white SMP as I don’t have a white dial watch. He asked if I liked the green SMP. I said I never really looked into it as I have a Hulk. He brought one out on a green strap for me to check out. I immediately fell in love and said I’d take it. Unfortunately it was already sold. He said the guy was coming in today to pick it up but he would put me on the list. Anyways he told me the green SMP was being discontinued as the cost to make the green ceramic is currently costing more than the watch. Anyone hear anything about this. Not sure if it marketing or not. My guy has always been a straight shooter with me and offered me first shot on a few of their new watches. He also pulled for me to get on the list for a 321 and pushed me up the list after hearing of my fiasco with Chrono24 on my 321. Anyways enough of this essay, anyone hear of the green SMP being discontinued?
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 03:07 PM   #2
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Hard to believe you'd hear this at an OB. I think a company the size of Omega within Swatch Group has a good handle on production costs and estimated profits before they mass produce a watch. So I find this theory to be highly unlikely.

But I do love the watch and highly recommend anyone get one!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 08:10 PM   #3
OneOmegaMan
Banned

why would they discontinue a new watch that only came out last year
OneOmegaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 09:30 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would be surprised if that was the case but you never know.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 09:30 PM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Like above I’m skeptical
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 09:52 PM   #6
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
I don’t think so, at least not what I’ve heard. I picked mine up a couple of days ago and the boutique manager said they’re just starting to trickle in.

Congrats in advance on yours. It’s a beautiful watch and I’m sure you’re going to love it
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2023, 10:15 PM   #7
Eagles4133
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 / 114060
Not happening, Omega typically does not discontinue models unless new ones come out and replace, unless it was a limited production model. And as others mentioned, the green is trickling in. Along with those, Omega is also having trouble keeping the new '57 in stock in certain colors. Ceramic is ceramic, there is no way green would cost more than black or blue.
Eagles4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 12:17 AM   #8
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles4133 View Post
Not happening, Omega typically does not discontinue models unless new ones come out and replace, unless it was a limited production model. And as others mentioned, the green is trickling in. Along with those, Omega is also having trouble keeping the new '57 in stock in certain colors. Ceramic is ceramic, there is no way green would cost more than black or blue.
That’s what I thought too. But I guess it is more time intensive to make the green ceramic or that’s what I’m told. Guess we’ll get the answer maybe at W&W. I’m going to try and get more info from my OB Friday when my guys back and I pick up the watch.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 12:28 AM   #9
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
They would just make an aluminum bezel instead I would think. They already have aluminum bezels in the Bond Seamasters.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 03:37 AM   #10
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I doubt this is true. Like others have said, it was released a short while ago. The demand still seems to be high, and I have to believe that it may be Omega's most popular and in-demand Seamasters.

Also, the ceramic bezel color costing more than the watch itself.....I find that actually laughable. Colored ceramic bezels inserts and dials....it's not like death defying technology. I can't possibly believe that costs more than the watch.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote