The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2023, 03:33 AM   #181
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
Reminds me of early Jacob & Co. watches. I don't particularly love the design, but the execution on the dial looks great in those videos. Also these are probably going to be pretty rare, so I agree with people in the thread that say it will definitely be a hype watch among celebs and athletes.
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:19 AM   #182
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
To each their own. But this watch is not a Day-Date, no date and no day displayed. Looks like Rolex target audience has definitely changed over the course of the last several years.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:25 AM   #183
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I'm not mad at them. They're trying to change the most famously "old man watch" ever into something more youthful.
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:29 AM   #184
ssetem
"TRF" Member

Watch: blro,daytc,lv,blnr
day care date
ssetem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 05:12 AM   #185
JimmyBoots
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
If this is a model to raise awareness and support for autism, of course I support a worthy cause like that. However, what I find curious, is why autism? Why not one of a hundred different worthy causes to produce support for?

Is there more to this story I am missing?

Guys, I haven’t seen anything anywhere that watch is related to Autism awareness.

Maybe we should stop inferring that.

If anything this is made for IG Hypebeasts that will prop up the brand to young and well off individuals.
JimmyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 05:36 AM   #186
bp1000
"TRF" Member

This may just deflect the attention away from other professional models so the hype celebrity crowd focus on these now. We can only hope.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 05:52 AM   #187
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBoots View Post
Guys, I haven’t seen anything anywhere that watch is related to Autism awareness.

If anything this is made for IG Hypebeasts that will prop up the brand to young and well off individuals.
Agreed ^

I like it. If it were 30k cheaper I’d buy it.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 05:59 AM   #188
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Cool watch, very unique. I love it.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 12:02 PM   #189
bestwatch1
"TRF" Member

Hard no.
bestwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 12:57 PM   #190
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBoots View Post

I agree. This is 1000000000% on trend for hypebeasts. It checks all the boxes.

I also think this will be almost completely unobtainable…it has to be to gain the respect and fuel the desire of the hypebeast…so most triggered people should stop crying about, they will probably never see one in person…

Rolex has made the leopard Daytona for the trendy rock and rollers and the beach pastel Daytonas for the Hamptonites….why not this?

This style is what new money wants. Rolex simply gave them something hype.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 01:18 PM   #191
second time
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Turning their flagship model into a clown watch was not a good move. I don't think this will be the great success that Rolex was thinking it would be.
Old 30 March 2023, 01:43 PM   #192
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
The video was amazing.

This will become an impossible to buy collectors item.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 01:43 PM   #193
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Reading this thread, I'm reminded of this quote:

"The next time you see someone enjoying something that isn't hurting anyone, but isn't your cup of tea; instead of saying something negative, train yourself to think, 'I'm glad they're happy' and carry on with your life."

I frequently see watches - here or in the wild that aren't my cup of tea and that I would never wear. I've never made a presumption about the people wearing them or the companies making them - I simply smile and move on; content that I have and wear the watches I love and that they have and wear the watches they love.

It's perfectly fine to not like something. In a forum like this, it's even perfectly fine to say you don't like something. But, there have been some pretty giant leaps in here.

In honor of this Rolex, I wish you all happiness, eternity, gratitude, peace, faith, hope, and love.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 02:01 PM   #194
mimariani
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Well said Wes!!

I think it's fun and dig it.....I would buy one if offered.
Date Just 41 - 126334
Sub - 14060m 2 liner
Tudor S&G
mimariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 02:28 PM   #195
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post

"The next time you see someone enjoying something that isn't hurting anyone, but isn't your cup of tea; instead of saying something negative, train yourself to think, 'I'm glad they're happy' and carry on with your life."
E P I C !

Thx for posting
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:36 AM   #196
miamiclay
2024 Pledge Member

While I don’t personally love this design (and I’m neutral on the emojis), I’m VERY happy to see Rolex bring out this patterned enamel dial.

Idk whether the older ones like the dragon below were cloisonné or champlevé, but either way, Rolex having this skill set in-house has the potential to bring some dazzling and desirable things down the road …
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0FA79CA1-73C4-496A-A34E-0FE19362BD31.jpeg (151.7 KB, 207 views)
miamiclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:58 AM   #197
Corvette
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by second time View Post
Turning their flagship model into a clown watch was not a good move. I don't think this will be the great success that Rolex was thinking it would be.
If you think that you’re out of touch with the current marketplace. It may not be your cup of tea and it isn’t mine either but this will sell like hotcakes and it’ll be a statement piece for celebrities and influencers. And I wouldn’t call it a clown watch…I don’t see anything wrong with Rolex having a little fun.
Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 04:05 AM   #198
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post

I frequently see watches - here or in the wild that aren't my cup of tea and that I would never wear. I've never made a presumption about the people wearing them or the companies making them - I simply smile and move on; content that I have and wear the watches I love and that they have and wear the watches they love.

It's perfectly fine to not like something. In a forum like this, it's even perfectly fine to say you don't like something. But, there have been some pretty giant leaps in here.

In honor of this Rolex, I wish you all happiness, eternity, gratitude, peace, faith, hope, and love.
For style I agree but what about function? It’s called a day-date but unlike every other day-date, it doesn’t tell you the day or the date. Thus to me, it’s stupid. No different than advertising a titanium YM but then making it out of steel. Wait, where’s the Ti? Wait, where is the day and the date?

As for colors, patterns, fun themes: I am all for them. I liked the rainbow of colors found in the OP, I like the Miami colored Daytona’s, I like the OP with the f-ing dots.

I just don’t like calling it something it isn’t.
RTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 04:15 AM   #199
SilverKast
"TRF" Member

Watch: always one more...
I actually find myself liking it. If it came in a 41mm I'd be tempted for the WG model, but not at 36mm. It would be easy to just pick up and wear because you'd never need to set the day or date.
SilverKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 11:07 AM   #200
wesdaniel

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
For style I agree but what about function? It’s called a day-date but unlike every other day-date, it doesn’t tell you the day or the date. Thus to me, it’s stupid. No different than advertising a titanium YM but then making it out of steel. Wait, where’s the Ti? Wait, where is the day and the date?

As for colors, patterns, fun themes: I am all for them. I liked the rainbow of colors found in the OP, I like the Miami colored Daytona’s, I like the OP with the f-ing dots.

I just don’t like calling it something it isn’t.
I think that’s a semi-fair criticism. On the fair side, it doesn’t show the day or date, so… the name is not accurate.

Having said that, I also don’t think that anyone who buys it is going to get it home, take it out of the box and realize that there’s no day or date function and feel misled about it, either.

I think that, if one gets it, they will know before buying it, what they’re getting and accept the fact that it is not a DayDate as we know them.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 09:34 PM   #201
samirmenasria
"TRF" Member

Production Number of 130pcs

The total production quantity of this watch will be only 130 pieces (confirmed by Rolex at Watches & Wonders). I don't know if per colour or in total.

Last edited by samirmenasria; 31 March 2023 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: .
samirmenasria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 09:50 PM   #202
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTMasterDallas View Post
It's real. It's on their website. What a joke Rolex has become.
what a stupid comment
Madman37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 10:33 PM   #203
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
what a stupid comment
Agreed.
kunlun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 12:03 AM   #204
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

I asked a friend who manages a Rolex boutique about this piece.

He said the puzzle Day-Date is an off-catalog model like the Rainbow Daytona was. He expects its distribution to be similar to the Rainbow Daytona.

He also said that we may never know if Rolex donates some of the proceeds to autism -- if there's any actual connection there -- because Rolex often doesn't advertise/announce those sort of connections/relationships.

Lastly, he said they haven't yet received the internal info about this model but that'll be forthcoming at some point.

As is customary with Rolex info, everything I just wrote may turn out to be totally false.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 07:32 AM   #205
Wee-Willie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwillis0001 View Post
I'm not mad at them. They're trying to change the most famously "old man watch" ever into something more youthful.
NOT everyone who wears a Day Date is an "Old Man"....however, I am 68!

So stay off my lawn, you damn thug punk kid!!!!
Wee-Willie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 07:32 AM   #206
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Thanks god rolex made this and i hope it is linked to autism. It is much better then what they normally do oh we have discoutnued our most boring watch on earth the 40mm sub and made a new version 40.00001mm and all fan boys go wow i love it genius rolex
Madman37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 08:10 AM   #207
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Thanks god rolex made this and i hope it is linked to autism. It is much better then what they normally do oh we have discoutnued our most boring watch on earth the 40mm sub and made a new version 40.00001mm and all fan boys go wow i love it genius rolex
I mean the sub is the most iconic and popular watch ever for a reason. Had them all and it is my favorite, so sign me up for fan boy status which I will proudly take! Also I think the new DD with emojis is cool.
Old 1 April 2023, 09:44 AM   #208
B2 Stealth
"TRF" Member

Rolex is getting further and further away from their "tool" watch roots. Wonder what the grunts slogging thru the jungles of Vietnam wearing their Submariners on a NATO strap would think of this nonsense?
I wear Rolex because of their history, their military heritage, ruggedness, reliability. I wear the hell out of my Rolex so wouldn't be interested in anything remotely similar to this ever. Hell, the CHNR was too over the top for me as was the DSSD JC--sold them both.
B2 Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 10:43 AM   #209
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 Stealth View Post
Rolex is getting further and further away from their "tool" watch roots. Wonder what the grunts slogging thru the jungles of Vietnam wearing their Submariners on a NATO strap would think of this nonsense?
I wear Rolex because of their history, their military heritage, ruggedness, reliability. I wear the hell out of my Rolex so wouldn't be interested in anything remotely similar to this ever. Hell, the CHNR was too over the top for me as was the DSSD JC--sold them both.

I think the grunts slogging through the jungles of Vietnam would be thinking of how to stay alive and keep those to the left and right of them alive, not what watch was on their wrist.

Why do people get bent out of shape when Rolex has some fun? They can make serious “tool” watches and some fun, whimsical stuff at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 11:28 AM   #210
RDT-G23
"TRF" Member

Beyond any words to describe this silliness. So bad.
RDT-G23 is offline   Reply With Quote