The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 September 2018, 10:44 AM   #1
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

Rolex OP DATE lagit?

I am in the hunt for a quality Rolex OP Date. I love the blue face. If I’m going to spend this kind of money I want to buy something real. Everyone in this forum seems very knowledgeable. Is this one lagit? Thanks to all!
Gwolf64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

Bump
Old 18 September 2018, 11:42 AM   #3
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Its GENUINE
Good photos
Old 18 September 2018, 11:49 AM   #4
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

Thanks Gladiator.
Old 18 September 2018, 11:51 AM   #5
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

Does it have all the links? What is the correct link count?
Old 18 September 2018, 11:54 AM   #6
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwolf64 View Post
Does it have all the links? What is the correct link count?
13 i think this model had as well
Old 18 September 2018, 12:04 PM   #7
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

all good
Old 18 September 2018, 12:19 PM   #8
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
FINALLY, Good Photos! Nice Job.
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 12:28 PM   #9
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

How do you count the links. If I count by the larger exterior links I count 12. Am I missing something?
Old 18 September 2018, 12:31 PM   #10
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

No idea what you mean by exterior links?
Does the watch fit? If so who cares?

Watch is genuine - enjoy
A
Old 18 September 2018, 12:42 PM   #11
J_1964
"TRF" Member

I SEE twelve. If you can get another link from the seller, Great. But don't waste a lot of effort trying to get one. If It Fits As Is, you really don't care, Really....
Old 29 September 2018, 11:24 PM   #12
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

Thanks to everyone for their help on this piece. I bought the watch but it didn’t go so well. I bought it from SwissWatchExpo. Below is my story:

Bought a Rolex advertised as 100% authentic and serviced. It was not. Glass was not Rolex Glass, Bracelet Pins not Rolex, a bracket link was shaved to fit, (see how a pin sticks out of the bracelet in the photo above?)a broken end link, warn out auto axle, very rough winding, the hands edges were damaged, and potentially an aftermarket date wheel. This merchant requires that the customer has to prove authenticity. (The Rolex process takes longer than 7 days) Ethically, if a vendor stands behind their product they should prove authenticity to the customer.

I returned within the 7 day customer inspection period. In writing they told me my refund was going to be “x” and they actually refunded “x-$60”. Unprofessional.

$60 is not worth arguing about. But is unfortunate they can’t get their act together.

Also keep in mind that they require that you drop off the item before issuing a return. When I dropped off my item I asked for a receipt. They refused to furnish any paper documenting that I gave them my piece. Very odd. If Wal-Mart can give you a receipt for an item you would think a retailer where you dropped $3k could do something similar before you leave. They would give me nothing that said I dropped the item off to them. Weird.

If I could give zero stars I would.
Old 30 September 2018, 04:43 AM   #13
J_1964
"TRF" Member

$60 is Kinda Cheap for an education on Where NOT To Buy. I think the Wasted Time would bother me more....

OP should REALLY check out the Trusted Sellers Right Here On TRF. You may have to wait a bit for the Exact Watch you seek, but It WILL Be Worth The Wait.
Old 30 September 2018, 06:50 AM   #14
Gwolf64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_1964 View Post
$60 is Kinda Cheap for an education on Where NOT To Buy. I think the Wasted Time would bother me more....

OP should REALLY check out the Trusted Sellers Right Here On TRF. You may have to wait a bit for the Exact Watch you seek, but It WILL Be Worth The Wait.

Ya. I’m not sweating the $60 shipping plus restocking fee of $112. I just want others to know about who to avoid.

I just going to buy new. Others may laugh at this statement but I value my my peace of mind more than cost.
Old 30 September 2018, 07:39 AM   #15
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwolf64 View Post
Ya. I’m not sweating the $60 shipping plus restocking fee of $112. I just want others to know about who to avoid.

I just going to buy new. Others may laugh at this statement but I value my my peace of mind more than cost.
AND a $112 "Restocking"Fee? OK, now That SUCKS. Restocking fees are for when you purchase more "Stock" (refers to NEW merchandise) to replace what was sold, and now since the sold item was returned the retailer has to return the replacement stock, which is an additional cost to the retailer. This was a Preowned item, the seller didn't have to "Restock" ANYTHING. That's Complete Crap. It's NOT the Money it's just the misrepresentation.

If cost isn't really a concern for you, then Definitely Buy New From An Authorized Dealer. No Fuss No Muss....
Old 30 September 2018, 08:22 AM   #16
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Did the experience you have mirror whats stated in the Returns section on their website?
Looks like you were charged the 3% CC fee. $60 for shipping? Should be $40.

If it were me I'd be filing a dispute with my CC as the watch had some non authentic parts which were not part of their 100% genuine guarantee.

By not fighting their actions you're encouraging them to deceive others.
https://www.swisswatchexpo.com/faq
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote