The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29 March 2020, 03:56 AM   #4201
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post

A quick google search indicates that the lawsuits have already started. Both stockholder and tort. Plaintiff's lawyers are fishing for clients as we speak (excuse the pun).

Even if they get a bailout, many of these companies' tort exposure is staggering. There is literally blood in the water. My money is on my brethren with the black fins and I suspect that a good portion of the bailout money would wind up going to lawsuits with many bankruptcies in the mix.
Good. I’m not sure who I sympathise with less - the cruise companies or their passengers
Old 29 March 2020, 03:57 AM   #4202
statsman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
my dad passed away today due to pneumonia caused by the virus. he was on a ventilator for 3 days and everything was looking a lot better then his heart just stopped. its really no joke, stay safe everyone.

58 years old and completely healthy, unbelievable
I am so sorry...you have been cheated out of 30 years of time with your dad by this virus. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Thank you for sharing this, as I am a 56 year old man in generally excellent health and I wil take heed and be even more careful.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:57 AM   #4203
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Quote:
my dad passed away today due to pneumonia caused by the virus. he was on a ventilator for 3 days and everything was looking a lot better then his heart just stopped. its really no joke, stay safe everyone.

Very sorry to hear about this huncho, truly the worse news....sending my deepest condolences to you and your family as your navigate your way through these challenging times.
Old 29 March 2020, 03:58 AM   #4204
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Nothing in the US Constitution against that.

By the way if I recall that was to prevent tariff violations.
That’s not the way I read the article Brett, sounded more like back peddling to me.

We can agree to disagree on how this pandemic has been handled but IMHO, improvements need to made all around
Old 29 March 2020, 03:59 AM   #4205
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Well you know as well as I do that unless they suspend constitutional rights you can’t stop the first amendment that guarantees the right of assembly. As of right now our quarantine is voluntary and will have to stay that way until the courts decide otherwise.
I believe the feds have authority to quarantine by force. Any any person in any place in the US.

Stay safe.
Old 29 March 2020, 04:01 AM   #4206
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Guys - let’s not begin a political debate about the US constitution, federal law, State law, local authorities, etc.

It’s a slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 29 March 2020, 04:02 AM   #4207
chappuy1750
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JLC
Quote:
I believe the feds have authority to quarantine by force. Any any person in any place in the US.

Stay safe.
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/about...isolation.html
Old 29 March 2020, 04:05 AM   #4208
djgallo
Banned

Quote:
Well you know as well as I do that unless they suspend constitutional rights you can’t stop the first amendment that guarantees the right of assembly. As of right now our quarantine is voluntary and will have to stay that way until the courts decide otherwise.
I beg to differ. From the CDC website:

State, local, and tribal authorities

Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders.
It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Enforcement
If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement officers to enforce a public health order.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance.

In the rare event that a federal order is issued by CDC, those individuals will be provided with an order for quarantine or isolation. An example of a Quarantine Order for Novel Coronavirus (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 5 pages] is provided. This document outlines the rationale of the federal order as well as information on where the individual will be located, quarantine requirements including the length of the order, CDC’s legal authority, and information outlining what the individual can expect while under federal order.

Old 29 March 2020, 04:18 AM   #4209
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:

Stay safe.
I think we will just have to disagree on that. Remarkably disagree.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 04:21 AM   #4210
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallo View Post
I beg to differ. From the CDC website:

State, local, and tribal authorities

Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders.
It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Enforcement
If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement officers to enforce a public health order.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance.

In the rare event that a federal order is issued by CDC, those individuals will be provided with an order for quarantine or isolation. An example of a Quarantine Order for Novel Coronavirus (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 5 pages] is provided. This document outlines the rationale of the federal order as well as information on where the individual will be located, quarantine requirements including the length of the order, CDC’s legal authority, and information outlining what the individual can expect while under federal order.

I doubt very seriously that would stand up in court. I’m not gonna argue with you on this. If you think it’s perfectly reasonable for the federal government, for any reason they come up with to force you to stay in a certain area then we’ll just have to disagree. Peace to you brother.

It’s scary to me how quickly people are willing to give up their constitutional rights.

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 04:24 AM   #4211
RWH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s scary to me how quickly people are willing to give up their constitutional rights.
Constitutional rights don't do much for people that are dying or dead. Sometimes people just don't listen to reason or facts and things get enforced by harsher measures. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves
Old 29 March 2020, 04:26 AM   #4212
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Nothing in the US Constitution against that.

By the way if I recall that was to prevent tariff violations.
Yes, chinese steel has been getting through illegally.
Old 29 March 2020, 04:31 AM   #4213
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Yes, chinese steel has been getting through illegally.
Yes, I thought that’s what it was. Thank you

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 04:35 AM   #4214
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWH View Post
Constitutional rights don't do much for people that are dying or dead. Sometimes people just don't listen to reason or facts and things get enforced by harsher measures. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves
I regret starting this topic on this page of this thread. This is the wrong thread and the wrong forum to discuss what our beliefs are on what government(s) can or can’t or should and shouldn’t be able to do you as a citizen.

I will not respond anymore to it.

Instagram - patton250
Old 29 March 2020, 04:36 AM   #4215
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Yes, I thought that’s what it was. Thank you
And I can tell you, the anti american bias and fake news north of the border now is awful. You have no idea. There would be no stopping it from up here where I now am. I can't wait to get back. You have no idea.
Old 29 March 2020, 05:17 AM   #4216
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
>>> Dr Fauci latest update on coronavirus <<<

Thought I’d share this article and update ...
Don’t know if anyone has seen this yet.

https://www.teaparty247.org/dr-fauci...s-a-must-read/
Old 29 March 2020, 05:39 AM   #4217
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
Fear is the currency of control.

We need to remember that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
100%, fear is the enemy.
That’s what we are threatened with... unfortunately!
We need to stay sober and vigilant against these tactics.
Old 29 March 2020, 06:01 AM   #4218
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Thought I’d share this article and update ...
Don’t know if anyone has seen this yet.

https://www.teaparty247.org/dr-fauci...s-a-must-read/
This paper is great, but anyone with a science background knew that as the N (number of patients identified with the virus ) increased (which it was long expected as testing caught up) the death rate would go down. The issue here is that, the virus is far, and i mean far more contagious, and thus more easily spread overwhelming healthcare facilities. As healthcare workers contract this from their patients, there are less of them to treat those in need and round and round we go. Secondly, the virus is far more deadly when we look at the Corona vs. Flu stratified by age, i.e. 60, 70, and 80 year old patients are far more likely to die.
Old 29 March 2020, 06:04 AM   #4219
Recondope
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Please accept my most sincere condolences to you and your family.
Old 29 March 2020, 06:05 AM   #4220
-lenny-
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 👑
Shouldn’t this be just another post in the CV thread?
Old 29 March 2020, 06:14 AM   #4221
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Yeah unfortunately we have this pesky little thing in the United States called the Constitution. So there’s that.
You know, we have one too. We're not living in some dictatorship or something. And here culpable epidemic is a crime.

"Applying the interpretative criteria outlined by the Court of Cassation to the specific case, it would seem that the crime of culpable epidemic could be contested to the subject who, aware of having contracted the coronavirus, circulates freely, ignoring the precautionary measures imposed by the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers "I stay home", and determine the spread of the disease through negligence or imprudence."

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 06:18 AM   #4222
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
Shouldn’t this be just another post in the CV thread?
Probably would get lost in the mix . ?

Mods can move it if they deem so necessary.
Old 29 March 2020, 06:19 AM   #4223
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
You know, we have one too. We're not living in some dictatorship or something. And here culpable epidemic is a crime.

"Applying the interpretative criteria outlined by the Court of Cassation to the specific case, it would seem that the crime of culpable epidemic could be contested to the subject who, aware of having contracted the coronavirus, circulates freely, ignoring the precautionary measures imposed by the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers "I stay home", and determine the spread of the disease through negligence or imprudence."

I have a question, I have heard it reported that a major part of the spread in Italy was some kind of festival with 120k people right around the outbreak, that the numbers just exploded. Is that true?

Down south it looks like Mardi Gras might have caused our next out break

steve
Old 29 March 2020, 06:23 AM   #4224
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post

What about the authorities who failed to shut airports when this was starting? Shouldn’t they fall into this category as they knew the situation and facilitated their travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 March 2020, 06:26 AM   #4225
Doc Savage
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
Why flattening the curve is overrated. Some good points to think about in this article.

https://www.pensford.com/why-flatten...UUJgW9P6W5I1nw
With all due respect to the OP, this linked article is a great example of why we should avoid advice from amateurs. This blog post is dangerous in its misinformation. He simply doesn't know what he doesn't know, and he is blinded by obvious bias confirmation. He states opinion as fact and plays the martyr because he waited a week to post it. He completely ignores the highly likely change in the flu once warm weather comes. His analysis of the data charts is laughably inept (and incorrect), and his description of how the (inaccurately labeled) 'quarantine' in the US is operating is erroneous and misleading.

And this guy has the stones to suggest we shouldn't listen to experts! Don't walk - run away from anything this guy writes.

The only argument of merit he posits is the one many people have already been talking about - how much are we willing to sacrifice economically in order to flatten the curve and save lives? That's not news to anyone, imo. It's an interesting and important question, to be sure, but basing any discussion on this author's complete misunderstanding of the medical situation is not recommended.

The lack of a coherent national plan has been the biggest problem in the US, and our continued lack of leadership will only make things worse.

EDIT: for clarity, my last sentence only applies to our broad approach and the thousands of people involved in it, not any one person.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 29 March 2020, 06:45 AM   #4226
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Probably would get lost in the mix . ?

Mods can move it if they deem so necessary.
It’s seems too important to get lost in the mix. Glad you opened up a new one.

Just my own opinion.

It gives hope. We all need hope.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 29 March 2020, 06:46 AM   #4227
emersm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
With all due respect to the OP, this linked article is a great example of why we should avoid advice from amateurs. This blog post is dangerous in its misinformation. He simply doesn't know what he doesn't know, and he is blinded by obvious bias confirmation. He states opinion as fact and plays the martyr because he waited a week to post it. He completely ignores the highly likely change in the flu once warm weather comes. His analysis of the data charts is laughably inept (and incorrect), and his description of how the (inaccurately labeled) 'quarantine' in the US is operating is erroneous and misleading.

And this guy has the stones to suggest we shouldn't listen to experts! Don't walk - run away from anything this guy writes.

The only argument of merit he posits is the one many people have already been talking about - how much are we willing to sacrifice economically in order to flatten the curve and save lives? That's not news to anyone, imo. It's an interesting and important question, to be sure, but basing any discussion on this author's complete misunderstanding of the medical situation is not recommended.

The lack of a coherent national plan has been the biggest problem in the US, and our continued lack of leadership will only make things worse.
No offense taken.
Old 29 March 2020, 06:48 AM   #4228
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
It’s seems too important to get lost in the mix. Glad you opened up a new one.

Just my own opinion.

It gives hope. We all need hope.
Thanks Seth, precisely why I opened a
new thread . It’s some good news that I
thought would be worth sharing .
Old 29 March 2020, 06:53 AM   #4229
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I’d be more inclined to read the entire report rather than trust a political publication that cherry picked a paragraph. Thanks anyways I hope that’s true.
Old 29 March 2020, 06:55 AM   #4230
Doc Savage
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
No offense taken.
Thanks, brother. I appreciate seeing other opinions (and knowing what else is out there). My son is in medical school and we talk daily about Covid-19 and all the ideas floating around about it.

Best of luck in this time of challenges

-Edward O. Wilson
Closed Thread