The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 January 2023, 06:16 AM   #31
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab27 View Post
FWIW, I have no experience with the convertible model, but a friend has a 2014 and another a 2021 GT. IMO, they are well-constructed cars with excellent interiors for a very reasonable price that are simply lots of fun. I'm no expert on cars, but I like their 6MT more than that in the WRX STI and less than the 6MT in the Civic Type R.

Guys I have met at shows with the GT350 have spoke extremely highly of it, and it appears to be a ton of car for the money--although I imagine prices have probably increased since 2019.

As you noted, finding a convertible with a 6MT sounds like a bit of a chore. Given MD convertible season is somewhat limited, would you opt for a 6MT coupe if the right one came along at the right price? Alternatively, are you searching further south--I am guessing there might be more convertibles in the SC/FL/CA areas? (although likely mainly autos)
No I really want a convertible. I've owned a couple convertibles and really miss them. We are planning to live part time in Florida so I'm hoping to have a lot more convertible season than I have currently
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 06:57 AM   #32
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Hey mike, love love the Mustang, especially the newer generations. They have a fabulous V8 power plant. I think you should investigate ordering a new one, built for you. I have a feeling the used market prices are still ridiculous and it may not be that great of a deal. Besides, Dealers for new cars may have some incentives. Happy shopping...BTW, I was and still am a die-hard Mustang fan.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 07:16 AM   #33
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Hey mike, love love the Mustang, especially the newer generations. They have a fabulous V8 power plant. I think you should investigate ordering a new one, built for you. I have a feeling the used market prices are still ridiculous and it may not be that great of a deal. Besides, Dealers for new cars may have some incentives. Happy shopping...BTW, I was and still am a die-hard Mustang fan.
I was wondering if they still do that - order custom from the factory. I would consider that and you make a good point that the cost of used cars is so high it may be worth it to buy new. Do they discount at all if you order custom?
Old 26 January 2023, 07:29 AM   #34
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I am not sure, plus ordering new will give you full warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 07:30 AM   #35
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
My neighbor has one, a GT? GS? it’s a 2015 and BADA$$. I keep telling him my Vette will smoke it, but thankfully he hasn’t taken me up on a race.

Good luck finding your dream and post pics!!!!!!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 07:54 AM   #36
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
I’m in the build one to your spec brand new from Ford camp.

The problem I noticed when trying to build a new bronco is they don’t allow half the stuff you want when you order a manual transmission.

Second best bet would be a Shelby. They’re quite incredible even minus a convertible top. Plus the hard top adds more to the muscle car era allure IMO.

Best of luck and keep us posted on the outcome!!

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 08:22 AM   #37
zengineer
"TRF" Member

I had a 2014 GT Convertible 6 speed and sold it when I went to a German car. I plan to get a new GT Convertible to have one last V8 Manual. The 2024 is restyled, was shown at Detroit Auto Show last year. and orders should open up any day now for delivery starting this summer. Manual, as far as I know will still be an option with the rag top. The 2017 BMW I have is a retractable hardtop but wasn't available with a manual. I miss the manual more than I expected.

Sent using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 08:42 AM   #38
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
No I really want a convertible. I've owned a couple convertibles and really miss them. We are planning to live part time in Florida so I'm hoping to have a lot more convertible season than I have currently
It definitely makes sense then! In MD, I could see potentially going coupe if the right one popped up, but if you're going to be further south (especially if you are going south for the winters), then a convertible is a must-have!

I hope you find the one you want! (Hopefully there is more stock down towards FL than here, as I feel like the dealers here, at least in the Baltimore-Howard County area, have always had predominantly coupes?)
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 10:08 AM   #39
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
My spouse has an ecoboost hardtop with auto transmission It is a pleasure to drive, on the rare occasions the lets me.
Old 26 January 2023, 11:23 AM   #40
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
I have one for sale... yes serious.
GTPP

Purdy

But it ain't a convertible

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Old 26 January 2023, 01:04 PM   #41
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR

Every time I’d press the start button…instant smile on my face. Great platform to play with. Do a little mod work, tune Ford Motorsport stage 2, springs and chassis work Steeda, exhaust AWE.
Old 26 January 2023, 02:53 PM   #42
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Get a low mile 15-17 GT. Gen 2 coyote
Ghost410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 04:03 PM   #43
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
You will likely have to shop for a brand new one

The odds of find a pre owned example that is both Manual and Convertable will be SLIM
Typically, only enthusiasts buy manuals these days and those same enthusiasts seldom buy convertibles (unless its a MX5 or 911)
Old 26 January 2023, 05:39 PM   #44
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Vichy France still has a chance and one fan.

Vichy France… interesting reference.
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 10:04 PM   #45
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
I had a 2014 GT Convertible 6 speed and sold it when I went to a German car. I plan to get a new GT Convertible to have one last V8 Manual. The 2024 is restyled, was shown at Detroit Auto Show last year. and orders should open up any day now for delivery starting this summer. Manual, as far as I know will still be an option with the rag top. The 2017 BMW I have is a retractable hardtop but wasn't available with a manual. I miss the manual more than I expected.

That's a beautiful car. I feel the same way about missing the manual. My current vehicle is a Grand Cherokee SRT. It's the first automatic I've ever owned. It's fast as anything and has been a great vehicle, but I just don't feel connected to the vehicle like I used to in all my sticks. It feels like automatics lack soul to me (like smart watches). They are amazing and can run circles around any stick shift, but make the driver feel more like a spectator than a participant at times. I'm sure you have some of the same thoughts.

Love the BMW too by the way. The convertible M4 stick was on my list to candidates as well.
Old 26 January 2023, 10:06 PM   #46
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHadEnuf View Post

Every time I’d press the start button…instant smile on my face. Great platform to play with. Do a little mod work, tune Ford Motorsport stage 2, springs and chassis work Steeda, exhaust AWE.
Gorgeous! Hey did you order it with the performance package and do you recommend it? That's one I'm not sure about. I'm not keen on summer tires but I could always change em out to All-seasons I supppose
Old 26 January 2023, 11:38 PM   #47
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I’m a huge fan. Huge huge.

Do it.

You only live once.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 12:11 AM   #48
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR
Quote:
Gorgeous! Hey did you order it with the performance package and do you recommend it? That's one I'm not sure about. I'm not keen on summer tires but I could always change em out to All-seasons I supppose
Thank you, I added the Stage 2 Performance pack. CAI, larger throttle body and tune. Highly recommend, woke the car up. The Michelin Pilots were very good as long as air temp were over 50 degrees. Down right scary in low temps. Living in Southern AZ wasn’t much of an issue. They only last 7K-10K miles, expensive but have great grip.
Old 27 January 2023, 12:46 AM   #49
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Order a new one.

You can get the spec you like, and the value won’t tank as bad as buying its predecessor.

It’s a needle in a haystack finding what you want and I’m sure if you find it, it will be a crap deal.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 01:35 AM   #50
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
Order a new one.

You can get the spec you like, and the value won’t tank as bad as buying its predecessor.

It’s a needle in a haystack finding what you want and I’m sure if you find it, it will be a crap deal.
I wonder if I may get a better deal on a new 23 since the 24s are coming out soon? I sort of prefer the looks of the outgoing model.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Old 27 January 2023, 05:24 AM   #51
Mifune
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost410 View Post
Get a low mile 15-17 GT. Gen 2 coyote
that's what i have... a Original owner 2015 Competition Orange GT Performance Package with less than 24,000 Original miles on the ODO. It's a two seater with full FACTORY DELETE package that I retro fitted... there isn't another one like it anywhere.

Factory Delete Package:

Manual GT-R seats

Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 05:33 AM   #52
Mifune
Banned

Quote:
Gorgeous! I'm not keen on summer tires but I could always change em out to All-seasons I supppose
you don't want performance tires but you want a performance Car?

something isnt adding up.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 06:11 AM   #53
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
you don't want performance tires but you want a performance Car?

something isnt adding up.
My SRT came with performance tires. They were god awful. Besides the fact that they cost a fortune and wear out in seemingly no time at all, they were absolute garbage on anything other than a dry warm road. Flat out dangerous in rain.

I'll give up a tiny bit of performance to have safe and stable all season tires.
Old 27 January 2023, 10:00 AM   #54
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/...582920137.html

Here is an 08 I found that fits your spec.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 10:22 AM   #55
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’m a huge fan. Huge huge.

Do it.

You only live once.
What my friend Seth said

The search will be a challenge from what I am reading here, but that can be fun as well. Good luck, I can’t wait to see the pics!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 03:37 PM   #56
Carguy87
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Having had 3 different 5.0 manual transmission mustangs over the last two years I feel like this is right up my alley lol. Keep in mind 10-14 mustangs don’t have telescoping steering wheels; may not be a big deal for you but led to me trading my green ‘14 CS for a black ‘17 Roush stage 2, which I then traded for the ‘16 supercharged GT that’s still my profile pic. (Need to change that as I traded it for a Trackhawk Grand Cherokee recently). Anyways the mustangs are a blast and you won’t regret it! Anything newer than ‘16 can have Apple CarPlay as long as it’s a premium package with Sync 3, and the performance package brakes are nice to have as it gets up to speed in a hurry!

Must have upgrade is the Steeda clutch spring. Swaps the factory heavy spring for a 35lb one, so more pedal effort but eliminates all the numbness and sponginess of the stock setup. Best upgrade under $50 you can do to a Mustang!

Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 09:15 PM   #57
TRS1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that's what i have... a Original owner 2015 Competition Orange GT Performance Package with less than 24,000 Original miles on the ODO. It's a two seater with full FACTORY DELETE package that I retro fitted... there isn't another one like it anywhere.

Factory Delete Package:

Manual GT-R seats

Bravo! Love you hat you did here. Everything you need and nothing you don’t!
TRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 11:06 PM   #58
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Having had 3 different 5.0 manual transmission mustangs over the last two years I feel like this is right up my alley lol. Keep in mind 10-14 mustangs don’t have telescoping steering wheels; may not be a big deal for you but led to me trading my green ‘14 CS for a black ‘17 Roush stage 2, which I then traded for the ‘16 supercharged GT that’s still my profile pic. (Need to change that as I traded it for a Trackhawk Grand Cherokee recently). Anyways the mustangs are a blast and you won’t regret it! Anything newer than ‘16 can have Apple CarPlay as long as it’s a premium package with Sync 3, and the performance package brakes are nice to have as it gets up to speed in a hurry!

Must have upgrade is the Steeda clutch spring. Swaps the factory heavy spring for a 35lb one, so more pedal effort but eliminates all the numbness and sponginess of the stock setup. Best upgrade under $50 you can do to a Mustang!

OMG the black and red Mustands look amazing. I can't believe you traded the red? I have a '14 GC SRT pre-supercharged.

I found a '22 leftover at a dealer near me that is close to perfect. Black California Edition, stick. Doesn't have the 401A equipment package and I'm not sure I'm ready to buy one that doesn't have it.

You mentioned 16 and newer come with Apple Car Play. Can I assume that includes Android Auto as well?
Old 27 January 2023, 11:40 PM   #59
ltmgeller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I had a 2005 gt convertible and still miss it. I'm going to get a Shelby GT500 convertible at some point. Probably once the divorce is final.
Old 27 January 2023, 11:55 PM   #60
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmgeller View Post
I had a 2005 gt convertible and still miss it. I'm going to get a Shelby GT500 convertible at some point. Probably once the divorce is final.
Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate!