"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 polar16610lv
dd smooth
comanndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 01:00 PM   #63
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
I prefer WG & platinum over RG or YG but also prefer professional series watches over the dressier variants. Myself, I'd be looking for a platinum Daytona to trade towards instead of a DD.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 10:47 AM   #64
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Yes. Platinum hits different and the baguettes work on the DD.
I gotta ask, what is it with the hate of the fluted bezel on the platinum DD? Every other PM day date in history has had a fluted bezel and they are beloved, and just because it's platinum and previous platinum DD's have had smooth bezels (the odd ball), that makes a fluted platinum bezel undesirable just because it's new from prior platinum models? Never heard anyone wish their WG, RG, or YG DD had a smooth bezel. Sorry, but smooth bezels on a DD just adds to scratch visibility and less texture. I don't get the fixation on this. The new fluted bezel for the platinum day date is much better looking than the smooth bezel models in my opinion. Rolex must now think so too.
Demon Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 10:59 AM   #65
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Aussies View Post
I own and love both, however, I find my day and date windows more useful than unscrewing my pushers.
When people complain about the hassle of screw down pushers on the Daytona, I just don't get why this is an issue. Just leave them unscrewed and ready to use. Unscrewed they don't detract from the aesthetics at all. In the rare event you're swimming with your Daytona, then take 10 seconds to screw them down. If you don't, you're still just as vulnerable to water intrusion as most other non-diver sports chronos that don't have screw down pushers. As long as you don't actuate them underwater, you're fine, and probably still fine even if you did unless you're substantially deeper than surface swimming.
Old 1 February 2023, 11:22 AM   #66
4 Aussies
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
When people complain about the hassle of screw down pushers on the Daytona, I just don't get why this is an issue. Just leave them unscrewed and ready to use. Unscrewed they don't detract from the aesthetics at all. In the rare event you're swimming with your Daytona, then take 10 seconds to screw them down. If you don't, you're still just as vulnerable to water intrusion as most other non-diver sports chronos that don't have screw down pushers. As long as you don't actuate them underwater, you're fine, and probably still fine even if you did unless you're substantially deeper than surface swimming.
Not an issue at all. I was trying to make the point that the Day and Date windows on my Day-Dates are a useful feature and just as important to me as the chrono complication on my Daytona, my bad!!. Cheers to them both!!
4 Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 11:42 AM   #67
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not an issue at all. I was trying to make the point that the Day and Date windows on my Day-Dates are a useful feature and just as important to me as the chrono complication on my Daytona, my bad!!. Cheers to them both!!
Fair enough. I picked a bad example to make my point. I have read other people's comments for years now about how much they hate the hassle of the screw down crowns on the Daytona, and it's just a non issue if you leave them unscrewed.
Old 1 February 2023, 11:59 AM   #68
4 Aussies

Quote:
Fair enough. I picked a bad example to make my point. I have read other people's comments for years now about how much they hate the hassle of the screw down crowns on the Daytona, and it's just a non issue if you leave them unscrewed.
Just out of curiosity, and info I would like to know, can you shower with the pushers unscrewed?
Old 1 February 2023, 12:08 PM   #69
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, and info I would like to know, can you shower with the pushers unscrewed?
This is a good question, and based on what I've researched, it seems that screwing down the pushers doesn't increase water resistance in any watch, but does prevent them from accidentally being pushed under water which could conceivably allow water intrusion. However I think this is more likely at depths with higher water psi, rather than with showering or surface swimming. I just leave mine unscrewed at baseline, but screw them down at the beach or in the pool. I will leave them unscrewed in the shower, just won't depress them out of an abundance of caution.
Old 1 February 2023, 03:10 PM   #70
GregNYC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hmmmmmmm.....
Not crazy about that Daytona dial, and the ice blue Day Date is a classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GregNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 03:20 PM   #71
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Yes.
Old 2 February 2023, 01:27 PM   #72
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
I'd go Day-Date but smooth bezel.
I gotta ask, what is it with the hate of the fluted bezel on the platinum DD? Every other PM day date in history has had a fluted bezel and they are beloved, so just because previous platinum DD's have had smooth bezels (the odd ball), that makes a fluted platinum bezel undesirable just because it's new from prior platinum models? Never heard anyone wish their WG, RG, or YG DD had a smooth bezel. Sorry, but smooth bezels on a DD just adds to scratch visibility and less texture. I don't get the fixation on this. The new fluted bezel for the platinum day date is much better looking than the smooth bezel models in my opinion.
Old 2 February 2023, 01:30 PM   #73
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Duplicate post
Old 2 February 2023, 01:51 PM   #74
WheresCassAt?
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Both are elite pieces. Depends on your collection
Old 2 February 2023, 01:59 PM   #75
4 Aussies

Quote:
I gotta ask, what is it with the hate of the fluted bezel on the platinum DD? Every other PM day date in history has had a fluted bezel and they are beloved, so just because previous platinum DD's have had smooth bezels (the odd ball), that makes a fluted platinum bezel undesirable just because it's new from prior platinum models? Never heard anyone wish their WG, RG, or YG DD had a smooth bezel. Sorry, but smooth bezels on a DD just adds to scratch visibility and less texture. I don't get the fixation on this. The new fluted bezel for the platinum day date is much better looking than the smooth bezel models in my opinion.
I think the fluted bezel looks old-school. The smooth is a more youthful and sportier look. I have multiple fluted bezel watches including a DD40 YG and the variety of something different caught my eye in the Platty. The fluted bezel is a bling light show on the wrist, thanks Mystro. I bought my Platty to fly under the radar while wearing a DD and the smooth fits the bill for my taste. Besides whats not to love on my smooth?? I paid my money and took my choice. BTW I'm next on my AD's list for a Platty with a fluted, haven't seen one in the wild yet, perhaps I might go with it, but at the same time defeats my purpose of the reasons I like the smooth. Cheers to the Day-Date!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Platty 1 .jpg (137.8 KB, 94 views)
Old 2 February 2023, 03:52 PM   #76
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Yes, but wouldn’t add more than $18k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 02:47 AM   #77
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think the fluted bezel looks old-school. The smooth is a more youthful and sportier look. I have multiple fluted bezel watches including a DD40 YG and the variety of something different caught my eye in the Platty. The fluted bezel is a bling light show on the wrist, thanks Mystro. I bought my Platty to fly under the radar while wearing a DD and the smooth fits the bill for my taste. Besides whats not to love on my smooth?? I paid my money and took my choice. BTW I'm next on my AD's list for a Platty with a fluted, haven't seen one in the wild yet, perhaps I might go with it, but at the same time defeats my purpose of the reasons I like the smooth. Cheers to the Day-Date!!
Makes sense, definitely less bling if you're trying to attract less attention. Nothing wrong with the smooth bezels at all. I've just heard a lot of hate for the new fluted platinum DD and couldn't figure out why since all other PM DD models are fluted and beloved.
Old 4 February 2023, 06:03 AM   #78
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Day-Date.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 07:31 AM   #79
StackLexus17
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Post the cash amount once you know @ OP
StackLexus17 is offline   Reply With Quote