The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 2 May 2022, 11:39 AM   #1
Westwardhavoc
"TRF" Member

Completely fake Tudor sub or franken?

Hey guys I won this at Japanese auction and hoping to get some more info! It has not been delivered yet. The seller stated both the case back and band as fake which is very obvious and that the rest of the condition as unknown. I know a dodgy purchase considering there were no pictures of the case numbers, but at $900usd it seemed like a worth while gamble. The seller had a decent amount of positive feedback (around 500+,4-) and this was the only watch they were selling claiming to have bought it 15 years ago. Everything else they had forsale was fish related for some reason (to each there own!). Pretty much all I’m hoping for out of this is a original movement so I can make my own Tudor Frankien watch with OE parts over time! What attracted me to it was that the movement was stamped with 2763 instead of the usual 2824-2 that is in 90% of the watches this age and seems to always be the faked one. The patina on the dial and hands also attracted me to it. It would seem like way more work then it is worth to age them that much just to make a quick buck but scammers can be determined! Any helpful insite would be greatly appreciated!
Westwardhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 06:28 PM   #2
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwardhavoc View Post
Hey guys I won this at Japanese auction and hoping to get some more info! It has not been delivered yet. The seller stated both the case back and band as fake which is very obvious and that the rest of the condition as unknown. I know a dodgy purchase considering there were no pictures of the case numbers, but at $900usd it seemed like a worth while gamble. The seller had a decent amount of positive feedback (around 500+,4-) and this was the only watch they were selling claiming to have bought it 15 years ago. Everything else they had forsale was fish related for some reason (to each there own!). Pretty much all I’m hoping for out of this is a original movement so I can make my own Tudor Frankien watch with OE parts over time! What attracted me to it was that the movement was stamped with 2763 instead of the usual 2824-2 that is in 90% of the watches this age and seems to always be the faked one. The patina on the dial and hands also attracted me to it. It would seem like way more work then it is worth to age them that much just to make a quick buck but scammers can be determined! Any helpful insite would be greatly appreciated!
The movement is a stock ETA, it’s not a Tudor 2783.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 10:28 PM   #3
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Fake
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2022, 01:48 AM   #4
Azadwatches
"TRF" Member

Looks very fake.
Azadwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2022, 02:22 AM   #5
Westwardhavoc
"TRF" Member

Cool thanks for the info fellas. I guess I’ll service it clean it up and waterproof it and make a beater out of it!
Old 3 May 2022, 02:38 AM   #6
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Cool thanks for the info fellas. I guess I’ll service it clean it up and waterproof it and make a beater out of it!
Good idea.

There is little on the watch that is authentic Tudor, but it seems to be solid with a well-known, reliable, movement.

Probably last for years and years. I would put a properly fitting bracelet or strap on it though. That one will do more damage quickly.
Old 3 May 2022, 03:11 AM   #7
Westwardhavoc
"TRF" Member

Kind of along the lines of what I was thinking! Deal was way to good to be true, but it had a cool vintage look to it that I really dig, and it didn’t have a cheep looking movement like the rest on Yahoo auctions. I figured if I got lucky with it and even a part or two was real it was more then a steal! I’m not a fan of metal bands to begin with, and have a really cool handmade vintage leather band that will look killer on this!
Old 3 May 2022, 03:13 AM   #8
Westwardhavoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Good idea.

There is little on the watch that is authentic Tudor, but it seems to be solid with a well-known, reliable, movement.

Probably last for years and years. I would put a properly fitting bracelet or strap on it though. That one will do more damage quickly.
Out of morbid curiosity is there anything on this guy that looks like it could be authentic?
Old 3 May 2022, 03:21 AM   #9
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Out of morbid curiosity is there anything on this guy that looks like it could be authentic?
Could be a recycled dial and rotor, they would both bolt directly to the ETA movement.
Old 3 May 2022, 03:29 AM   #10
Westwardhavoc
"TRF" Member

That would be neat! I’ll update when I get it apart and cleaned!
Old 4 May 2022, 05:50 AM   #11
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

$900 for a mostly fake watch? No sale.
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is online now   Reply With Quote