The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 12 April 2022, 02:42 AM   #1
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Breitling Subscription

Hello,
Do you have any experience with Breitling subscription? I found this very interesting but I would like to hear some stories or experiences before I will try it. Is it worth the money? How exactly subscription works?
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 05:16 AM   #2
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
https://www.breitling.com/us-en/breitlingselect/
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 12:51 AM   #3
karwath
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 white
I have often wondered why someone would do the subscription. I think the pros/cons come down to how "special" the special offer is in step 3 of the following steps of the subscription program taken from the Breitling Website:

1. Register online and then select the first watch you want to wear from the #BreitlingSelect collection.

2. Enjoy your first Breitling watch for the duration of your choice (1-month minimum to 6 months maximum) and select another watch online when you’re ready for your next rotation, any time.

3.Get special offers to purchase your preferred Breitling watch from the #BreitlingSelect collection.

Also there is discussion of "Squad Points" -- I am not sure what that means, but apparently if you sign up and pay for the entire year all at once (USD 1,884), you get 12,000 "Squad Points." I assume the "special offers" are priced in terms of "Squad Points" but that is not at all clear from the website.

Personally, based on the little to no real information on the "special offers" and the "squad points" I'd rather just decide what watches I might want, if any, and put my $1884 USD towards the purchase of that watch from an AD.
karwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 09:40 AM   #4
Rbacs
"TRF" Member

I actually just wrapped up my Breitling Select subscription. Overall, I was very pleased with the experience. I have never owned a higher end watch and this allowed me to try different sizes and straps. One thing that was really nice was that I received a new strap with each watch. Their process still needs improved. I once ordered a watch and they sent it to someone else (didn’t hold it for me long another for me to send in my watch and have them inspect it) and couldn't source another so I had to select another watch, however, their customer service was top notch. Also, the options are limited and the popular models aren’t readily available. I am happy to answer any questions and it likely will lead me to buy a black navitimer 43mm (which wasn’t an option but I liked the 41mm navitimer and the size of another 43mm watch I had) I thought it was cool that Breitling tried something different and innovative in a time when certain watches are hard to obtain in other brands.
Rbacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 11:28 AM   #5
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbacs View Post
I actually just wrapped up my Breitling Select subscription. Overall, I was very pleased with the experience. I have never owned a higher end watch and this allowed me to try different sizes and straps. One thing that was really nice was that I received a new strap with each watch. Their process still needs improved. I once ordered a watch and they sent it to someone else (didn’t hold it for me long another for me to send in my watch and have them inspect it) and couldn't source another so I had to select another watch, however, their customer service was top notch. Also, the options are limited and the popular models aren’t readily available. I am happy to answer any questions and it likely will lead me to buy a black navitimer 43mm (which wasn’t an option but I liked the 41mm navitimer and the size of another 43mm watch I had) I thought it was cool that Breitling tried something different and innovative in a time when certain watches are hard to obtain in other brands.
Thank you so much. I was looking for something like this. Welcome to the forum family and big congrats on your Breitling.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 10:46 PM   #6
karwath
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbacs View Post
Please tell us how the "special offer" and "squad points" work. Do you get most or all of the money spent for the subscription back when you buy a watch? Are the special offers really a good bargain?
karwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 11:54 PM   #7
Rbacs
"TRF" Member

I didn’t do a deep dive into the squad points because I didn’t want to specifically buy any of the watches I had but I felt the price to buy a watch was very reasonable (e.g. a MSRP $5,000+ watch could be purchased for less than $3,000 after you earned the full allotment of points). So effectively you could try 3 different watches over a 12 month period, purchase the Breitling Select program watch (which may or may not have been a slightly used watch) and the total cost would be slightly less than if you had bought brand new at MSRP. Again, I didn’t fully run the numbers, but feel as though this is directionally correct and gives you a fair representation of the squad points benefits.
Rbacs is offline   Reply With Quote