The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 19 September 2016, 05:18 PM   #1
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Hi There.

I offer my grail watch for sale or trade. I know, I know -- "it's your grail, why would you sell your grail?" Well, its one thing to have a grail watch and another to suit it. I DO love this watch, but I don't think I'm a TT kinda guy! I always feel like I am a bit of a pretender when I look at it.

So, what's the score:

I bought this watch really recently -- I've only worn it for a few days! But I'm just not a TT kinda guy, I don't think I am anyway; I worry that it doesn't suit me... or that I don't suit it. The other day, I responded to a post about the balance between yourself any your car, and I realised that my car preferences would suggest a SS GMT kinda guy... and I think that's what I am. I also get this weird feeling when I listen to the song Gimmie Shelter (because of the movie Air America). When the watch arrived, I was disappointed that it only had a two time zone function -- I didn't know at the time that the two/three zone function was the reason for the GMT Master/Master II distinction, but I've fallen deeply in love with the lower fitting case back and the acrylic crystal -- so I want to trade only for a black or Pepsi fat font bezel GMT Master (preferably with a service dial in it!) plus cash.

No service history -- other than what I have done myself (well, what my watchmaker has done), no box or papers; this listing is for the watch and bracelet only.

The watch is in pretty excellent condition really. Not heavily polished, good lug thickness, and solid case condition. Jubilee bracelet is in reasonable condition with only moderate stretch; fits a 7 1/2" wrist; it is marked '450' on the end links and '50' on the links. Bezel is in excellent condition -- no marks or scratches. Dial is in excellent condition and is original.... at least I think it is original and was told that it was -- however, it does have working lume on the hands and the markers. The dial reads 'SWISS - T <25', but the lume works well and is luminova/superluminova. Whomever was responsible for the lume job did exquisite work, though -- there is no way of telling (other than the lume works) that there has been a re-lume; there are no notes on the rear of the dial to indicate where, when, or who did it. From what I can tell, it's pretty rare to find this red/purple dial, and even odder that the dial should have been re-lumed on the original dial (as you know, RSC would have probably given the watch a service dial replacement).

The movement is in excellent condition and has been inspected by my watchmaker. He informs me that the 3075 movement is in good order and well lubricated; it is currently gaining less than a second a day. However, he did advise me that the tube and crown were likely a mismatched pair. This doesn't affect the functionality or waterproofing of the watch, but he remarks that "the crown is just a bit tight to screw up"; it can be tightened with just two fingers, so it's not unreasonably tight.

The dial has a two tiny red thread like marks around the 2minute and two hour marker. These are hard to see without a loupe, but I think I've managed to get them on camera. The bezel is in excellent condition and has no marks on it. It appears to be original and is ever so slightly faded. The bezel is tight, but again can easily be moved by hand. I am not sure exactly how tight they should be, having never operated any other 16750.

I am wanting to trade the watch only for a mint condition gloss dial, black or Pepsi 16750 -- preferably with working lume (so I'm happy to accept a service dial watch). I will take cash too -- but my price is $7250 (as that is what I paid for it a few weeks back!) it's probably a bit over the watch's worth, but the watch is the best of any that I looked at in my last several months of looking. I am not a dealer, so what you see is what you get; I have tried to be as honest as I can be from what I know about the watch.

Please contact me by PM, e-mail, or text; text is preferable:
(+1(403)-393-9891
shedlock2000@gmail.com

I sold my GMT IIC on here wayyyy back in 2010 but I doubt the purchaser is a member anymore. If it's any help, I was once friends with JJ -- and perhaps Directioneng, RedShirt1957, or Lol-x may remember and vouch for me (long time members).

Red thread-like marks on the dial can be seen best on this photo below -- look at the two minute and two hour markers

Please note that some of the wrist shots are of the correct watch, but not my wrist -- just in case any of you worry about the watch being different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some more photos:

Lume:

A slightly less burry lume shot:

For the tapatalk feed:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT

Last edited by mailman; 19 September 2016 at 08:40 PM..
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 06:33 AM   #2
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Bump

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
Old 30 September 2016, 04:20 PM   #3
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Icon6

Bought a macro lens for the iPhone today, so here's a few dial shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0900.jpg (71.4 KB, 702 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0903.jpg (69.7 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0929.jpg (83.0 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0904.jpg (54.2 KB, 710 views)

Old 15 November 2017, 03:03 PM   #4
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Bump $6750

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 24 November 2017, 03:32 AM   #5
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Bump

Old 27 November 2017, 01:46 PM   #6
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Bump

Old 30 November 2017, 02:12 PM   #7
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Serviced by my watchmaker last week.

$6500. Excellent Bellini dial — not the more common dial.