The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 November 2017, 09:20 AM   #31
coupe
"TRF" Member

Curious to know if the VP found something that the service center missed three times! lol.
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 10:55 AM   #32
the_natural
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Curious to know if the VP found something that the service center missed three times! lol.
Seriously!
the_natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2017, 09:54 AM   #33
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

Nope he didn't..... watch is fine now though! Thanks Al :)
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2017, 03:08 PM   #34
MoonWave
"TRF" Member

After winding it, you'll get a feel for when it's almost fully wound.

A week or so after wearing my first Speedy, autopilot started to take over and I'd automatically start winding slowly when it was almost there.

The Apollo XI is a beautiful piece - wear it in good health my friend!
MoonWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2017, 05:19 AM   #35
RicZen
"TRF" Member

If Omega serviced it you should have a 2 year warranty on the service. I brought my speedy in after it was running okay for 1 year and 10 months after a FULL service. It was running +25 sec a day. The watch was fine for 15-16 years. Now it seems Omega cannot get a 1861 movement to work. I love that watch, Just do not love the service.
Here is my recent post - Just an FYI. I purchased a speedy pro 1999. the top pusher started sticking in 2016. It was sent in Feb 2016 for a completed rebuild. In 17 years it ran perfect, +3 sec a day. I was able to pull the crown and with a little back pressure hold the seconds in place for time correction. So it's first service in 17 years. Get it back, it stops running time. Bring it in and get it fixed. Second time the chrono would just stop running. Bring it in and get it fixed. Third time the second hand reset was just a little off, but I'll live with. I just missed it too much. Use chrono and reset, the second hand is now 1 sec off center, then 2 sec of center then 7 seconds off center. Back to fix and no more problems. It just ran a litte faster than before. Maybe +6 to 7 sec a day. Also with the new oils I could not pull the crown and with a little back pressure stop the seconds from running. No biggie. So it's been 1 year and 10 months. It now runs +25 seconds a day. So I brought it in to see if they will regulate it under warranty. Watchsmith says it has a very high amplitude and he is going to send it back to Omega to look at, but he doesn't like it. Anyway they use Culver City Center. Just an FYI for owners.
RicZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2018, 12:23 AM   #36
paneristinewb
2024 Pledge Member

I would say 40, and be careful to be light with the pressure towards the end. Otherwise, you may break the mainspring, as it sounds like you might already have. EEK.
paneristinewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 02:11 AM   #37
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphib44 View Post
I wind my Speedmaster 13/14 "turns" at about the same time every morning (I like the ritual of doing it...). I have been doing this for 25 years and it's nearly always the same. Once a month I let it run down completely until it stops running, then wind it up. Usually about 38/39 turns.
This is how a Speedmaster Pro typically behaves. If the crown can be twisted 200 times without reaching its normal stop to indicate it's fully wound, then the watch needs to be disassembled and repaired. I'm not a watchmaker, but I would guess the mainspring is broken or installed incorrectly.
AEC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 07:55 AM   #38
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Have had mine around 25 years trouble free.....usually about 40 or so winds does it from start up. Definitely don't get the 200 winds thing. That seems way off and am a bit surprised that on hearing that from the very outset, Omega did not think that something major was up?
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2018, 08:45 AM   #39
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

Mine has been running perfectly now, love the watch!
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote