The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 December 2018, 05:09 PM   #31
timedate
-

i have a citroen van for work, so far very good, i do treat it with respect.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 11:58 PM   #32
msma
Banned

Toyota and Honda aren't as reliable as they used to be that said if I'm to pick between both cars I'd pick the Honda over the Toyota.
msma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 12:25 AM   #33
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettocard
I’m looking to add another hybrid car to my stable and i’m browsing around for an used 2010ish Honda Insight.
I believe you’re better off, in general, with the Toyota if you’re only considering hybrids.

From a motor trend writer about the Insight - written in 2009 -
“The Insight is the first Honda I've ever driven that feels unpolished. The hybrid powertrain switches on and off at stoplights with an unpleasant throb that's thoroughly unbecoming Honda's usual high standards for finesse. The engine revs coarsely. On the highway, the Insight hunts in its lane and rides over road imperfections like a manhole cover. The structure sounds tinny -- both via the amount of road noise entering the cabin and when you shut the doors. And the cabin is just tiny, particularly in the back seat. Though only marginally larger on the outside, the 2010 Prius delivers vastly more cabin and cargo spaciousness.”
https://www.motortrend.com/news/hond...mparison-2544/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettocard
Been driving Toyotas for the past 13 years,would be nice to test something else.
It’s easy to get bored by the Prius since they are so, ummm, plain. But they also don’t offer unwelcome quality surprises.

I’m not a hybrid driver but my brother has has 2 or 3 Prius over the years and the comparo leaves Insight behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 02:35 AM   #34
swils8610
2024 Pledge Member

Toyota’s infotainment is very dated. With the new 2019 Avalon Toyota has changed its infotainment to Entune 3.0. Its now top notch. It’s trickling down now to all new Toyota’s. Toyota knew it was bad and dated. They formed an entirely new division just to focus on infotainment.
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 01:17 PM   #35
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
if I wanted a car to go 200k miles, with minimal upkeep, it would be a Honda Accord by a mile (pun intended)
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 01:21 PM   #36
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Our 2018 Accord Touring is fantastic.

We have been buying Honda's since 1977. All cars have problems but I would continue to buy them.
I just bought an '18 Accord Touring 2.0. Its amazing how much car it is, engine is terrific, interior is great and has all the safety and tech that Audi, BMW offer. I looked at an A5 and the 5 Series, both with a 4cyl turbo engine. Both the Audi and BMW would've been $15,000- $20,000 more than the Honda if I added ventilated seats, heads up display and a few other options that are included in the Accord. My wife was very surprised I didn't come home with the A5.

Currently working on the case for turning that savings into a Rolex. No, it isn't going well...
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 03:14 PM   #37
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I went with an Audi A4 after 20 years of 2 Honda Accords. I realize it is a new car vs. 20 years ago for one of the cars, but the Audi plays in a higher league for driveability, solidity,luxury. I get it that Audi costs more to buy and maintain.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 06:25 PM   #38
colpol
"TRF" Member

Not sure about new hondas but my Honda jazz a 2004 model with just under 177k on the clock. It’s a 1.4 petrol.

Everything electrical still works - sunroof, windows, mirrors etc

Radio stopped working about 3 years ago & some minor rust appearing on one wing & boot which keeping down with a polish/ tcut solution. It’ll be a hard car to replace & always assumed i’d get another once the way comes
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote