The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 16 October 2019, 09:58 AM   #61
healer
"TRF" Member

As from my last post I myself just put in a deposit for a ss sub. I was told 8-12 weeks will see. 25 percent now and pay in full the day of pick up. Another ad called me for a explorer 2. Will put a down payment this coming Thursday..... moral of the story is call and be as polite as possible. Ask to be put on a list they will call you! I myself can’t believe I got a call from 2 different ad.its happening;)
healer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 10:05 AM   #62
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Maybe I’m too generous, but I tend to accept the way AD’s do business. Because despite the enjoyable and friendly watch chat, it is their business and it is all about the bottom line. It may be that Patek have just let them down, or it may be that they’ve sold your allocation to someone who has bought £500k of jewellery, who knows. But, whatever they’ve done, they’ve done for a business reason and I don’t blame them.

I was loyal to my local Rolex AD when I could have gone to greys at a cheaper price, and that loyalty has been rewarded. Equally, i had to work really hard to get a Nautilus 5990 as I had no relationship with a PP dealer.

I’d my Rolex dealer de prioritised me I’d be upset given my loyalty during the tough years and the fact that ALL my wife’s jewellery is bought from them. But if the Patek dealer has bumped me, I’d have understood and accepted it, despite my deposit.

This is the world of high end luxury goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 10:36 AM   #63
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Maybe I’m too generous, but I tend to accept the way AD’s do business. Because despite the enjoyable and friendly watch chat, it is their business and it is all about the bottom line. It may be that Patek have just let them down, or it may be that they’ve sold your allocation to someone who has bought £500k of jewellery, who knows. But, whatever they’ve done, they’ve done for a business reason and I don’t blame them.

I was loyal to my local Rolex AD when I could have gone to greys at a cheaper price, and that loyalty has been rewarded. Equally, i had to work really hard to get a Nautilus 5990 as I had no relationship with a PP dealer.

I’d my Rolex dealer de prioritised me I’d be upset given my loyalty during the tough years and the fact that ALL my wife’s jewellery is bought from them. But if the Patek dealer has bumped me, I’d have understood and accepted it, despite my deposit.

This is the world of high end luxury goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all of us have no qualms to play by the rulebook as long as it applies fairly to everyone ( or just walk away if we can't accept their terms and conditions, like insisting on a deposit, which I often do ).

But problem is the lack of transparency, and worse, random-ness. I just got a case myself. Not to go into too much details as it's a long story, but someone got an allocation for a much more harder-to-get watch than what I was waiting for. And I know for a fact I buy a lot more than him from this AD, because we happen to share the same whatapp watch chatgroup. Favouritism? I don't know. When they got found out and confronted, their Group CEO outright tried to lie to me to excuse what happened. So I have written them off for good. That's after 5 years of buying relationship. And this is coming from one of the most established luxury watch retailer in Asia. If a CEO can do that, what more others?

That said, I have to emphasize it's just one case, or maybe it's just bad luck. There are of course also honorable ADs out there though I find it harder to find an honest and fair one nowadays.
Old 16 October 2019, 10:48 AM   #64
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
If u in NYC u can give me a hug :)
I'll come to the city tomorrow to give you a giant hug if you can make a 5164 from WoS happen. My hugs to them haven't been good enough to make it happen.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 10:51 AM   #65
RX0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If u in NYC u can give me a hug :)
Can I give u a hug and you get me a patek 5740? Lol
RX0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 10:52 AM   #66
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
I'll come to the city tomorrow to give you a giant hug if you can make a 5164 from WoS happen. My hugs to them haven't been good enough to make it happen.
Lol... how much were the hugs? $ or $$$

P.s. I’m working from home not in the city sorry
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 10:55 AM   #67
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX0 View Post
Can I give u a hug and you get me a patek 5740? Lol
So silly, I’ve bought less stuff than u from them... I should give u a hug and u give me a 5167
Old 16 October 2019, 11:38 AM   #68
RX0
"TRF" Member

Again, I'm going to talk about how much I don't like AD and how much I like my car dealer. When I put my deposit down for my GT2RS, i got my allocation and the car was built according to my spec. I just ordered the GT4 and it is more than the 5740 but I only leave 10000 and I just received my allocation and build sheet.
In the realm of watch, there are no such thing as a manufacture tracking system. Even BMW has the tracking access since 2002.

The watch manufacture should have a system like that.
Old 16 October 2019, 12:37 PM   #69
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Again, I'm going to talk about how much I don't like AD and how much I like my car dealer. When I put my deposit down for my GT2RS, i got my allocation and the car was built according to my spec. I just ordered the GT4 and it is more than the 5740 but I only leave 10000 and I just received my allocation and build sheet.
In the realm of watch, there are no such thing as a manufacture tracking system. Even BMW has the tracking access since 2002.

The watch manufacture should have a system like that.
Don't think you can compare cars with watches. Different market dynamics. As I mentioned earlier, this lack of transparency is most likely intentional, perhaps to create hype or perceived desirability. If we can order watches like we order stuff from amazon.com, knowing exactly when it can arrive, then where's the excitement.
Old 16 October 2019, 02:03 PM   #70
Josh1000
Banned

Nothing to do with transparency or integrity. My AD gets 1 x 5711R per annum. The waitlist is 8 so roughly 8 years. If I spent a huge amount with them, or was well known or liked or they thought I had more buying potential....guess what??? I ain't customer number 9!!!
Josh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 02:23 PM   #71
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1000 View Post
Nothing to do with transparency or integrity. My AD gets 1 x 5711R per annum. The waitlist is 8 so roughly 8 years. If I spent a huge amount with them, or was well known or liked or they thought I had more buying potential....guess what??? I ain't customer number 9!!!
Do they actually show you the list? Even if they do, how to tell if it's real? There's no way to verify what they said. Hence the lack of transparency. It's just how it works and the way it is now favors the brand and the AD because they can of course arbitrarily said anything they want. Hence the constant complain of BS from ADs.

OP's 5740G most likely is re-allocated to another buyer, or perhaps it is really PP can't deliver on time, but this can never be ascertained for sure.
Old 16 October 2019, 03:36 PM   #72
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Honestly third. You know this game. Deposit stage is a done deal for the most part.
Agree.....^^^....

Unless the watch game has change.......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2019, 09:42 PM   #73
RX0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Do they actually show you the list? Even if they do, how to tell if it's real? There's no way to verify what they said. Hence the lack of transparency. It's just how it works and the way it is now favors the brand and the AD because they can of course arbitrarily said anything they want. Hence the constant complain of BS from ADs.

OP's 5740G most likely is re-allocated to another buyer, or perhaps it is really PP can't deliver on time, but this can never be ascertained for sure.
Yep I totally agree that there is no way to tell. I still think it is more of patek not deliver but my wife think they sold it to someone else.
Old 16 October 2019, 10:05 PM   #74
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Honestly third. You know this game. Deposit stage is a done deal for the most part.
I beg to differ.
Old 16 October 2019, 10:57 PM   #75
RX0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I beg to differ.
Actually, your situation is what make my wife worry.
I guess I'm getting old and losing passion in collecting watches😩
Old 17 October 2019, 02:59 AM   #76
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I beg to differ.

Interesting what brand is this issue with?
Old 17 October 2019, 03:03 AM   #77
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Interesting what brand is this issue with?
It was a white SS Daytona. Original thread here:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=644939

Old 17 October 2019, 07:18 AM   #78
RX0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So silly, I’ve bought less stuff than u from them... I should give u a hug and u give me a 5167
Sorry I just saw ur msg. Hmm... can you share ur secret of getting the 5711 and see if I can get lucky. Thanks
Old 17 October 2019, 07:35 AM   #79
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I just saw ur msg. Hmm... can you share ur secret of getting the 5711 and see if I can get lucky. Thanks
Bring a 9 year old who loves watches...it’s her 5711 ss blue
Old 17 October 2019, 09:16 AM   #80
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
I’d be reluctant to pay that sort of deposit - what if the AD goes under, is your deposit in any sort of protected client account? I’d say it’s unlikely. I’d give them til the end of the year and if not received ask for 40% back. A 10% deposit is more than enough.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 11:31 AM   #81
RX0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bring a 9 year old who loves watches...it’s her 5711 ss blue
Can you bring me to your AD along with your secret weapon to help me getting a 5740? I buy u baked by Melissa cupcakes
Old 17 October 2019, 09:43 PM   #82
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Can you bring me to your AD along with your secret weapon to help me getting a 5740? I buy u baked by Melissa cupcakes
So u want to borrow my kid? Lol
Old 17 October 2019, 09:45 PM   #83
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
So u want to borrow my kid? Lol
Asking to bring someone's kid along so they can get a friggin' watch even as a joke is in pretty poor taste. We may have hit a new low
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 09:57 PM   #84
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
He’s gonna require some high end noodles at a minimum.
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 11:37 PM   #85
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
He’s gonna require some high end noodles at a minimum.
Ive yet to have really really high end noodles...