The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 October 2019, 01:27 AM   #1
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Omega price rises

Excuse me if this has been discussed. Looking at a speedmaster sapphire in next 6 months or so. Looks like uk prices have just gone up again (and I think they went up earlier this year sometime in the spring). Not a good time to be buying a speedy but looks like another hundred quid or so on seamaster and speedmaster lines? Does anyone have the definitive figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 02:44 AM   #2
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Don’t know the definitive figures but many AD’s are still showing the old prices. Either way, you should still get 15% off relatively straightforwardly and there are lots of sites that can get them at a decent discount too.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 05:32 AM   #3
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Great stuff. Thanks. It’s just that 2 ruses in a year a bit steep. Smp gone from 3520 ish to over 4k in about 9 months.

Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 06:52 AM   #4
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Most Omega prices are useless, as you should be asking for a substantial discount if buying new on most pieces.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 01:36 AM   #5
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I had a hard time swinging better than 10% on the SMP back in April, right before the price increase, as few grays had one, and none had the blue with a bracelet.

I think I read on the Omega forum that there was speculation that UK prices would be going up. Who knows if it's because of Brexit or just another across the board increase.

If you want it, why wait?

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 10:53 PM   #6
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Can’t say, but I noticed even gray market prices ticked up a bit in these around the time of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. Up a few hundred compare to when I got mine last year.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 07:46 AM   #7
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
smp 300 on bracelet was £4170 in the window of watches of Switzerland so another £250 or so added to the rise of £300 or so in spring

glad i got mine for £3300 when they first came out - I also suspect 15% discount aint so easy on the best pieces anymore - the days when omega was in every store and you could play 1 off against the other are long gone in Birmingham where there are now only 2 retailers in the city centre and they don't discount so much any more

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 08:58 PM   #8
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The msrp is a starting point and significant discounts can be had if you shop around a bit. The pre-owned market is where the real value is and that is how I have bought all of my Omega's for years. Good luck and a great watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 03:59 AM   #9
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
Here in SF the only place I can find Omegas it at the Tourbillon Botique. They're full price there I believe.

For me, that's what makes it har to bite. I was looking at some ceramic models on straps, and they were near $12k. (ones with gold trim)
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 05:51 AM   #10
icnbne
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Omega Seiko
Just got mine a month ago and noticed the price rose since by about 2/3 hundred dollars

This being my second moonwatch, i think the best time to buy a speedmaster is always yeaterday
icnbne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 05:55 AM   #11
icnbne
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Omega Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
The msrp is a starting point and significant discounts can be had if you shop around a bit. The pre-owned market is where the real value is and that is how I have bought all of my Omega's for years. Good luck and a great watch.
Is it though?

People are asking for around 4500-5000 australian dollars (3-3.5k usd)
After some negotiating, i got mine at the authorised dealer for 4950 australian

To me, 500 is easily worth the 5 year warranty and being the original owner
icnbne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 06:38 AM   #12
faaaaaaaasterrrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Another One?
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
Most Omega prices are useless, as you should be asking for a substantial discount if buying new on most pieces.
This is something I’ve never been good at. How do you negotiate with an AD? Is it a matter of calling around and trying to get ADs to negotiate against each other?
faaaaaaaasterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 10:51 AM   #13
othertbone
Banned

Subtly but in person only when you are ready to buy. Tell them you are very interested. You know what you want. And they must have it there. Start by saying, if you buy it today, what kind of discount can they give you? Then only settle on double what they offer
Old 24 October 2019, 10:52 AM   #14
othertbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faaaaaaaasterrrrr View Post
This is something I’ve never been good at. How do you negotiate with an AD? Is it a matter of calling around and trying to get ADs to negotiate against each other?
Subtly but in person only when you are ready to buy. Tell them you are very interested. You know what you want. And they must have it there. Start by saying, if you buy it today, what kind of discount can they give you? Then only settle on double what they offer
Old 24 October 2019, 11:13 AM   #15
faaaaaaaasterrrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Another One?
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
Thanks! I had the omega AD casually mention that they’re willing to do 10%... that was without me mentioning a discount at all.
faaaaaaaasterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 11:20 AM   #16
othertbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faaaaaaaasterrrrr View Post
Thanks! I had the omega AD casually mention that they’re willing to do 10%... that was without me mentioning a discount at all.
Then there u go, you should be able to get at least 20% off, maybe 25%. However I'd still buy preowned and you will get more
Old 24 October 2019, 05:10 PM   #17
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
Excuse me if this has been discussed. Looking at a speedmaster sapphire in next 6 months or so. Looks like uk prices have just gone up again (and I think they went up earlier this year sometime in the spring). Not a good time to be buying a speedy but looks like another hundred quid or so on seamaster and speedmaster lines? Does anyone have the definitive figures?

My Perth Australia AD called me up a week after the price rises asking if I want to negotiate on the watch because they hadn't applied them yet. I told her I bought it the week before (she must have been away)

Given that info, it may not be too late to negotiate pre-price rise. I got 18% off the previous price.