The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 9 October 2019, 05:29 AM   #61
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmgbob View Post
You may not know this but a moderately appointed Bentley Bentayga V-8 with a sticker of $189K can be enjoyed for less if you negotiate properly and stay away from the big cities. Not far from the FF Range Rover and a level up on everything else you are considering.
DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!

Avoid Bentley at ALL costs imho. Had a couple of them over the years... and trust me they don't care about ever recalling VERY expensive manufacture defects. Then comes the cost to maintain them... What seems to be VW / Audi parts in Bentley boxes get a hefty 300% markup. All i know is, what looked like a mere $100 hose was $300, and brake pads are utterly insanely priced.

Buyer beware! There's are reasons why resale on used Bentley cars take a HUGE hit in depreciation. Without a doubt Bentley was the single worst automotive buying decision i ever made. Heck, made the heavily tracked Ferrari seem reasonable by comparison.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 05:38 AM   #62
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Porsche, there is no substitute
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 06:10 AM   #63
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
I'm not sure exactly where you are on this journey ...

But

If its not Tahoe ++ size i find it hard pressed to find a better value than an actual X5///M not a 5.0 m line which is amazing as well but the actual M is a beast. Snows in the winter pss's in the summer and man that things HAUL's a$$! It defies physics as well, its too heavy to do what it does.

Good Luck replacing the RR.

Thanks. I am completely undecided, but leading FFRR.

I love the older X5M. Waiting on seeing what the new one looks like.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 06:16 AM   #64
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!

Avoid Bentley at ALL costs imho. Had a couple of them over the years... and trust me they don't care about ever recalling VERY expensive manufacture defects. Then comes the cost to maintain them... What seems to be VW / Audi parts in Bentley boxes get a hefty 300% markup. All i know is, what looked like a mere $100 hose was $300, and brake pads are utterly insanely priced.

Buyer beware! There's are reasons why resale on used Bentley cars take a HUGE hit in depreciation. Without a doubt Bentley was the single worst automotive buying decision i ever made. Heck, made the heavily tracked Ferrari seem reasonable by comparison.
appreciate this very much.

I think they look great. but certainly not my style.

Old 9 October 2019, 06:16 AM   #65
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Porsche, there is no substitute
hard to argue that.

Old 9 October 2019, 06:22 AM   #66
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Thanks. I am completely undecided, but leading FFRR.

I love the older X5M. Waiting on seeing what the new one looks like.
Here you go, Seth! ... https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1657119

Awesome car with a great engine! I'm planning on demoing the M50i myself ... seems like a well rounded package for the money.
Old 9 October 2019, 06:32 AM   #67
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Can a Jeep compare with a g wagon?

Always thought of g wagons and original FJ cruisers and jeeps as keeping each other good company... the FJ cruiser is dead but the g wagon and Jeep Wrangler continue to be true to their roots... Jeep has made meaningful improvements over the years

Just curious if jeep was a consideration... cost is significantly less but is performance and comfort that far off?
Old 9 October 2019, 06:36 AM   #68
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac10000 View Post
Here you go, Seth! ... https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1657119

Awesome car with a great engine! I'm planning on demoing the M50i myself ... seems like a well rounded package for the money.
WOW. That does look incredible. tell you what this is not easy decision.

but I am pretty convinced that speed is not my priority.

Old 9 October 2019, 06:37 AM   #69
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Can a Jeep compare with a g wagon?

Always thought of g wagons and original FJ cruisers and jeeps as keeping each other good company... the FJ cruiser is dead but the g wagon and Jeep Wrangler continue to be true to their roots... Jeep has made meaningful improvements over the years

Just curious if jeep was a consideration... cost is significantly less but is performance and comfort that far off?
I have been in jeeps most of my adult life. I think I have had 7. Including 2 SRT's. I appreciate them very much. but I really can't see myself in one again.

Old 9 October 2019, 07:49 AM   #70
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
My 2 cents for whatever it's worth, but I always feel you need at least one key luxury and cushy ride amoung the other cars in the household. So my vote is for the FFRR. They're beautifully refined and there's nothing like it. So that's my recommendation. You have 2 or 3 (?) other sports cars (extremely sporty) and I think you need a cushy ride to compliment and fill-out the collection.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 08:01 AM   #71
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
The G will probably be the most expensive. However, it will retain value the best if you care about that because demand will strip supply for the next few years.

MSRP can be bought. Just have to be ready and allow $4-5K for nationwide transport cost which is much lower than a $25K ADM.

https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w...oday-msrp.html
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 08:26 AM   #72
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Gwagon gwagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 08:43 AM   #73
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
I'm not sure how the G Wagon evokes a gloating/flashy vibe at job sites, but the Range Rover wouldn't? To me they are on the same level, but the G has better resale.

I've had three RR's. Love them, but it's tossing money in the air between resale and maintenance off warranty.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 09:11 AM   #74
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Huge fan. Too much chrome for me though. I want my vehicle all murdered out!!
I completely understand and agree with that. It’s funny how trends change. You used to have to pay extra for chrome. Now it seems they chrome everything so they can charge you extra for a blacked out addition.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 09:15 AM   #75
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Own and drive Yukon Denali and absolutely love it! For me hard to beat it and would pick over any other.
It was undeniably my favorite. Just all around great vehicle. Surprisingly smooth ride, impressive acceleration and handling that defies it’s size. Ahh maybe next time.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 10:27 AM   #76
Lucky777
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16610
Full size RR. I absolutely love mine, wife has ESV Escalade and I also love that truck too. You have no need for the ESV but I prefer the 6.2 in the Escalade or Denali over the Tahoe.
Lucky777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 10:59 AM   #77
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
Screw all these SUVs. Go test drive a Raptor
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:06 AM   #78
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky777 View Post
Full size RR. I absolutely love mine, wife has ESV Escalade and I also love that truck too. You have no need for the ESV but I prefer the 6.2 in the Escalade or Denali over the Tahoe.
The Tahoe RST has the 6.2 and can be all blacked out. I admit I’m sorely tempted. I’ve always loved them.

And I do think the look and drive great.

Old 9 October 2019, 11:14 AM   #79
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
I'm not sure how the G Wagon evokes a gloating/flashy vibe at job sites, but the Range Rover wouldn't? To me they are on the same level, but the G has better resale.

I've had three RR's. Love them, but it's tossing money in the air between resale and maintenance off warranty.
What I’ve learned over the years is that everyone has a different opinion. Heck, just look at this thread.

While I don’t necessarily disagree with you, I do think range rovers are everywhere. Because they are so common, I believe there is less of a stigma than there once was. Similar to Mercedes or bmw, they have diluted and weakened the luxury brand.

But again, that’s just my opinion. And I don’t disagree with yours. Ive gotten tons of comments over the years in my rr sport. I don’t think it has effected me adversly. In fact, I think it’s helped. But I’ve certainly felt uncomfortable at times.

Based on all this, I actually think my best bet is the Tahoe RST. I get to black it all out, I get a beefy engine, and I get a super comfortable drive that tears it up in the snow. I might just go this route. Something baller to me that says, I don’t give a f:(k. I like what I like. I’ve wanted one for years.

My team thinks I’ll be bored of it quick. I think they are wrong. Only one way to find out.

Old 9 October 2019, 11:34 AM   #80
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Can you rent a Tahoe - not a blacked out one - that is close to your specs just to see how you'd like it for a month or so?

Quote:
What I’ve learned over the years is that everyone has a different opinion. Heck, just look at this thread.

While I don’t necessarily disagree with you, I do think range rovers are everywhere. Because they are so common, I believe there is less of a stigma than there once was. Similar to Mercedes or bmw, they have diluted and weakened the luxury brand.

But again, that’s just my opinion. And I don’t disagree with yours. Ive gotten tons of comments over the years in my rr sport. I don’t think it has effected me adversly. In fact, I think it’s helped. But I’ve certainly felt uncomfortable at times.

Based on all this, I actually think my best bet is the Tahoe RST. I get to black it all out, I get a beefy engine, and I get a super comfortable drive that tears it up in the snow. I might just go this route. Something baller to me that says, I don’t give a f:(k. I like what I like. I’ve wanted one for years.

My team thinks I’ll be bored of it quick. I think they are wrong. Only one way to find out.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 11:35 AM   #81
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Can you rent a Tahoe - not a blacked out one - that is close to your specs just to see how you'd like it for a month or so?
That’s possible. I did rent one for a weekend and absolutely loved it. It was better than I expected it to be.

Old 9 October 2019, 11:50 AM   #82
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Cool. I should have figured you were analytical, like me.

Quote:
That’s possible. I did rent one for a weekend and absolutely loved it. It was better than I expected it to be.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 12:02 PM   #83
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsu74 View Post
Screw all these SUVs. Go test drive a Raptor
I have had a slight obsession with the Raptor lately. I’ve never had a pickup and really have no major use for one. But I still want a Raptor. Bad. And this comes from someone that has been daily driving a Jag F Type for over 2 years.
Old 9 October 2019, 12:14 PM   #84
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Dude! You have a serious car problem!
At least you have good taste!
I looked at a couple year old G but ultimately “just” went for a GLE. My son was devastated.
I don’t need anything too crazy for a daily commute from the burbs into Philly every day.
I liked the X5 as well very much, but I think the trunk space in the GLE is a bit larger. I need to shoehorn 2 Great Pyrenees in there for my trips dahn tha shore.
I was used to a Denali size truck and I’m quite happy with the more civilized and “right sized” GLE. The new 4 cylinder turbo 350 is a little sad though. I wouldn’t consider that either. The 450 sounds nice. Can you never plug it in and just charge by driving it like you supposedly can with the Cayenne-e?
I liked that too, but it wouldn’t work with the doggies. I thought that might be an interesting challenge, see if I could go electric only to work and try to charge it back up driving home. Not sure how long it takes to recover while driving though.
One day I’ll cave and get my retirement supercar, but not yet! Keep living the dream!
Good luck!

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 12:16 PM   #85
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Ok i guess ill get serious here, here we go....

Volvo- �� lets not mention this again

Tahoe- I understand the lore here as I strongly considered one as well when I bought a few
Months ago. My 21 year old son said- you are used to really cool stuff and you’ll get
Bored quick. I’m telling you the same!

BMW- its nice but its not you, your wife? Yes!

Mercedes- personally not a fan but many are. Nah...

Audi Q8- you obviously know my thoughts here but gotta get what u want

Porsche Cay Coupe- this car would be perfect! It’s a brand new model, its Porsche, etc

RR full- you have one, you know u like it, BUT twice I’ve rebought the same var but in a
Newer model. Ive regretted it both times, it just wasn’t enough of a change for me.
However, people love these and for a lot of reasons.

RR SVR- I really get this one for you as well. Very edgy, pretty flashy, and fast!

I think its a two horse race- the SVR or Cayenne coupe!
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 01:19 PM   #86
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Seth if you like the Tahoe try a Yukon Denali. You may like the Denali package. One minor thing...the service department at a GM dealer is not the same as at a high line dealer. The Land Cruise is awesome. Bullet proof. The Lexus version is great also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 01:37 PM   #87
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
My 21 year old son said- you are used to really cool stuff and you’ll get Bored quick!
Smart kid that’s unfortunately very true.
Old 9 October 2019, 02:12 PM   #88
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Smart kid that’s unfortunately very true.
Funny thing is I was just a color choice away from buying the Tahoe. When he said that it really got me thinking. Great vehicle but I passed
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 03:02 PM   #89
SearChart
TechXpert

Interesting stuff buddy, I'm sure you'll pick the right car.

I've been inside that new Volvo XC90, I really liked it though
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2019, 03:37 PM   #90
rouxeny
"TRF" Member

I think I’d get bored of a Tahoe pretty quick, especially if those other cars were in the running.

Having said that, I generally haven’t looked into SUVs in a few years so my opinion is less than meaningless.

I do enjoy reading what everybody else thinks.

Buying a new car that is too much like your old car is a huge bummer.
rouxeny is offline   Reply With Quote