The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2023, 05:16 AM   #601
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo12 View Post
This thread is epci, an invaluable source of information for big and small blocks. I recently purchased this from eBay for around 5700 including taxes and fees. Currently at ebay's authentication center and should be on my wrist within a week. Will sadly need to sell my speedmaster to fund the purchase but figured the price was right and I can get back into a speedy in the future when funds become available. Hopefully my 7inch wrist can pull it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedB View Post
Here's mine. Purchased in 2000.
Still wear it semi-regularly.
Great examples, gents!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 02:51 AM   #602
Dickie Watty
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Here is mine. Considering the Strapcode Super-O bracelet for it. Has anyone tried that on theirs?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_7113.jpeg (87.1 KB, 119 views)
Old 29 January 2024, 05:33 AM   #603
UALcaptain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Big Block
Big Block Ref # 94200 Help

Hello ... I am new to this forum - thank you for having me! I am the original owner of my Tudor Big Block, Reference Number 94200. When I was eighteen years old, I purchased the watch in 1978 from a (Rolex) jewelry store in Huntington, LI, NY. For months, I had peered longingly in the jeweler's window at this watch. I fell in love with it, but could not come close to affording it. One day, the owner came out and invited me inside. He took the Tudor out of the display, held it up and said "I think it has a few scratches - I'll let you have it for $X". (He was being kind - the watch was brand new). Well, even X was too dear for me, so he told me to come in once a week and put down whatever cash I could. Six months later, I was the proud owner. My Big Block has not left my side in forty-six years. It has been my companion on a half-dozen Army combat tours, and at the controls of various Boeing and Airbus airliners, logging twenty-four thousand flight hours to six continents. I (stupidly) survived two armed robbery attempts to steal it from me. After all this history, I think it's time to insure it. I'm a watch aficionado, but no expert. I love the beauty, style, and mechanical genius of great watches. I've never purchased a second watch because, in my eye, none exceed my Big Block in those attributes. Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself and share my Tudor's story. I would love to hear any expert opinions on my 94200! Thank you! ... Mark
PS ... I will post one photos as soon as I can figure out how to decrease the file size.

Last edited by UALcaptain; 29 January 2024 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Add photos
UALcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 06:28 AM   #604
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UALcaptain View Post
Hello ... I am new to this forum - thank you for having me! I am the original owner of my Tudor Big Block, Reference Number 94200. When I was eighteen years old, I purchased the watch in 1978 from a (Rolex) jewelry store in Huntington, LI, NY. For months, I had peered longingly in the jeweler's window at this watch. I fell in love with it, but could not come close to affording it. One day, the owner came out and invited me inside. He took the Tudor out of the display, held it up and said "I think it has a few scratches - I'll let you have it for $X". (He was being kind - the watch was brand new). Well, even X was too dear for me, so he told me to come in once a week and put down whatever cash I could. Six months later, I was the proud owner. My Big Block has not left my side in forty-six years. It has been my companion on a half-dozen Army combat tours, and at the controls of various Boeing and Airbus airliners, logging twenty-four thousand flight hours to six continents. I (stupidly) survived two armed robbery attempts to steal it from me. After all this history, I think it's time to insure it. I'm a watch aficionado, but no expert. I love the beauty, style, and mechanical genius of great watches. I've never purchased a second watch because, in my eye, none exceed my Big Block in those attributes. Anyway, I thought I would introduce myself and share my Tudor's story. I would love to hear any expert opinions on my 94200! Thank you! ... Mark
PS ... I will post one photos as soon as I can figure out how to decrease the file size.
Fantastic story. Welcome and can’t wait to see that beauty
Old 29 January 2024, 10:38 AM   #605
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Love this. Looking forward to the pics & welcome to TRF!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 11:44 AM   #606
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s a great story and a lot of history,with your watch. Tapatalk App is a good way of sharing pictures by the way - many of us use it on here.
winst is offline   Reply With Quote