The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 18 December 2007, 11:10 PM   #1
cmiller
"TRF" Member

Can Rolex add diamonds to your dial after purchase?

Hey all I really enjoy reading on this board and it seems like I have new questions daily for everyone so I thought of one more. I bought my first Rolex this summer, a 18K/SS Yacht black Mop and was wondering if I could send this to Rolex to have diamonds put on the dial? I saw the same watch with diamonds and it looked REALLY nice! I know there are a ton of aftermarket dials, additions, etc. out there but I don't want any part of aftermarket. I know they offer that dial on the Yacht but wasn't sure if you had to get it like that new? Also, I'm assuming it would be way more expensive if Rolex were to do it?

Thanks!
Old 18 December 2007, 11:16 PM   #2
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
No, Rolex will not ADD diamonds later to a non-diamond dial. You'd have to buy a fresh, factory made diamond dial.

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
Old 19 December 2007, 07:09 AM   #3
HeavyHitter415
"TRF" Member

Are you sure Space-Dweller? I may be wrong, BUT I was just at Tourneau the other day looking at the Rolex Service Catalog, and it does list/price several diamond options. The factory service manual that comes with a new Rolex also states (pg. 18) "If you ever decide to add a diamond dial and/or bezel to your Rolex, you can be certain that only genuine Rolex parts will be used to ensure continued pressure-proof performance."
Old 19 December 2007, 07:17 AM   #4
f16570
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II White Face
WHY?

f
Old 19 December 2007, 07:21 AM   #5
CEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter415 View Post
Are you sure Space-Dweller? I may be wrong, BUT I was just at Tourneau the other day looking at the Rolex Service Catalog, and it does list/price several diamond options. The factory service manual that comes with a new Rolex also states (pg. 18) "If you ever decide to add a diamond dial and/or bezel to your Rolex, you can be certain that only genuine Rolex parts will be used to ensure continued pressure-proof performance."
Add a diamond dial, yes. Add diamonds to your dial, no.

Either way, I'd try to buy an original with diamonds from factory if that is your thing

Old 19 December 2007, 07:21 AM   #6
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter415 View Post
yes. But that is exactly what it reads: 'to add a diamond dial. They exchange the dial for a dial with diamonds.
Old 19 December 2007, 12:21 PM   #7
cocopeep
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 116234
Hi guys, I was thinking the same thing with my datejust. I have the jubilee dial with roman numbers and thinking of the diamond dial replacement. Does anyone know how much it would cost for a diamond dial for a DJ ?
Old 23 March 2013, 08:57 AM   #8
alexandermcking

I know this is a old thread but i have this same question and don't want to start a new one. Can you add diamonds to the dial after purchase and use?
Old 23 March 2013, 09:10 AM   #9
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandermcking View Post
I know this is a old thread but i have this same question and don't want to start a new one. Can you add diamonds to the dial after purchase and use?
The question has been answered........You can not add diamonds to a dial! (at least not by Rolex)

You can switch to a diamond dial if you wish, as long as it is an option for that model as offered by Rolex!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Closed Thread