The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 3 September 2015, 02:56 PM   #1
dams-r-us
"TRF" Member

dcourtenayt is a trusted seller

Just completed the purchase of an OMEGA Speedmaster 3570.50.00 from dcourtenayt and everything went well - the watch arrived as described. He is already well-regarded - see feedback on WUS - and I want to affirm that he is thoughtful, patient and committed to ensuring that the buyer is satisfied. As a Canadian buyer, I especially appreciated that he worked with me to get the watch quickly to a point near the border where it was easy for me to pick it up.

dams-r-us
dams-r-us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2015, 05:05 PM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Did you buy from him through TRF? Seems he hasn't listed anything here for nearly five years.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2015, 01:44 PM   #3
dams-r-us
"TRF" Member

Not through TRF. Watch was posted on WUS and TZ. If you search his user ID through Watchrecon.com, at this time he has 4 pieces all posted in the last day on TZ. Still since he is a TRF member, I thought it appropriate to post my feedback.

dams-r-us
dams-r-us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2015, 02:30 PM   #4
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dams-r-us View Post
Not through TRF. Watch was posted on WUS and TZ. If you search his user ID through Watchrecon.com, at this time he has 4 pieces all posted in the last day on TZ. Still since he is a TRF member, I thought it appropriate to post my feedback.

dams-r-us
Why post feedback here??

Do u think with your post count of 2, we will trust your judgement?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the actually seller himself trying to pump up his profile.

johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 12:53 PM   #5
dcourtenayt
2024 Pledge Member

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
Why post feedback here??

Do u think with your post count of 2, we will trust your judgement?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the actually seller himself trying to pump up his profile.

Bob G. did buy a Omega Speedy Pro from me from a post on TZ or WUS. His only intention was to leave favorable feedback, he did not have any other motivation. Not sure why these posts were questioned at all. I have posted and sold hundreds of watches, including many Rolex watches, probably to some members of this forum. An apology to Bob would be in line, after all ,we are civilized, right?.
dcourtenayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2015, 09:12 PM   #6
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Apologie will not come out of my mouth because I do not know either of you from a bar of soap, especially to two members who between them I can count their posts on my fingers and toes and the last post you posted here was in 2010 and from looking at your for sale posts in would doubt any not those items were sold. Just bumped. Which confirms the lack of trust for someone with not even 30 posts.

If you are seeking to sell here, trust needs to be earned not expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcourtenayt View Post
Bob G. did buy a Omega Speedy Pro from me from a post on TZ or WUS. His only intention was to leave favorable feedback, he did not have any other motivation. Not sure why these posts were questioned at all. I have posted and sold hundreds of watches, including many Rolex watches, probably to some members of this forum. An apology to Bob would be in line, after all ,we are civilized, right?.
Old 7 September 2015, 12:35 AM   #7
dcourtenayt
2024 Pledge Member

response

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
Apologie will not come out of my mouth because I do not know either of you from a bar of soap, especially to two members who between them I can count their posts on my fingers and toes and the last post you posted here was in 2010 and from looking at your for sale posts in would doubt any not those items were sold. Just bumped. Which confirms the lack of trust for someone with not even 30 posts.

If you are seeking to sell here, trust needs to be earned not expected.

This is the type response I would expect from you, no class. I do have 10 watches for sale now, currently all of which are on timezone. I may post them here so I can earn some trust. I guess the ten thousand posts, hundreds of references which are provided to my potential buyers, count for nothing in your isolated world.
Again, sorry would be nice.
dcourtenayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2015, 06:55 AM   #8
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcourtenayt View Post
This is the type response I would expect from you, no class. I do have 10 watches for sale now, currently all of which are on timezone. I may post them here so I can earn some trust. I guess the ten thousand posts, hundreds of references which are provided to my potential buyers, count for nothing in your isolated world.
Again, sorry would be nice.
Let me post this again in case you misunderstood the first time.

If you are seeking to sell here, trust needs to be earned by the members here, trust should not expected just because you sell on another forum. Especially for a seller with VERY low post count here on TRF.

If you contributed here, this conversation would have been different.