The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 June 2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Icon8 STOLEN - Rolex Submariner 16610LV 2008

Hi,

I've been advised to post on here, my husband had his 2008 Rolex Submariner 16610LV (Kermit) stolen from our home last Friday 3rd June 2016. We live in Wiltshire, however I doubt its still in Wiltshire. It was stolen with the box and papers. I have the serial number, but I dont want to post it publically.

It is under-insured so isnt replacable without it costing us an extra £2000 on top of what we should get from the insurance (however they are trying to wriggle out of paying that as he upgraded from one Rolex to another mid policy - although the specific watch wasnt specified, all it says is Gents Rolex, but thats another story). On the basis that this was the only item taken we can only assume that it was someone we know, or linked to someone we know. We just want the watch back.

Has anyone been offered one in the past week? Also any information regarding getting the serial number to Rolex to filter out to dealers, would be appreciated also.

Kind regards

Julie
Jules1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 06:41 PM   #2
sahcivan
Banned

Watch: ing you watch me
By posting the serial number on here if anybody googles the number it will appear on the search engine.
You never know it may end up being returned
sahcivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 06:43 PM   #3
fungo
"TRF" Member

Watch: all kinds
File police report immediately and notify rolex ASAP. That would be the 1st thing you would want to do. As of lurking the forum to see if anyone is selling a stolen Kermit, who knows...possible.
fungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 06:55 PM   #4
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

The police were informed, they came out and interviewed us, looked around etc. We believe the thief came into the house when I was in the shower and took it. It was the only thing taken and nothing else was moved. We do have a crime number.

Please can you tell me how to actually contact Rolex? Their website doesn't seem to allow for 'contact us'?
Old 10 June 2016, 07:02 PM   #5
fungo
"TRF" Member

Watch: all kinds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules1975 View Post
The police were informed, they came out and interviewed us, looked around etc. We believe the thief came into the house when I was in the shower and took it. It was the only thing taken and nothing else was moved. We do have a crime number.

Please can you tell me how to actually contact Rolex? Their website doesn't seem to allow for 'contact us'?
Im not sure which country you are in, but if it is the U.S then you can call Rolex at 1-800-367-6539 or the U.K (I presume this is where you're in): +44 20 7024 7300. Or Visit a RSC (Rolex Service Center) nearby to report the serial no of the stolen watch.
fungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 07:03 PM   #6
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
We believe the thief came into the house when I was in the shower and took it.
sorry for your loss, but, wow, i'm very happy that all that happened was that the thief took a watch!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 07:12 PM   #7
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
sorry for your loss, but, wow, i'm very happy that all that happened was that the thief took a watch!
I know, I'm lucky, We live in a small market town, it appears someone had the chance and took it. I am usually at home with a 3 year old, or a large dog! and as it happened on that particular day neither were home with me. I imagine had the latter been, this wouldn't have happened.
Old 10 June 2016, 09:09 PM   #8
liuk3
"TRF" Member

Not sure where Wiltshire is. There are tons of preowned watches up for sale all the time and it's going to be tough for anyone to know if it is your stolen watch without having an inkling what your serial number is even if only a partial number.
Old 10 June 2016, 09:18 PM   #9
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Hi liuk3

I'm in the UK. I have been in touch with pawn shops, jewellers within a 50 mile radius, been looking on ebay and Gumtree. The Serial Number starts M3644**

U'd rather not post the whole number, unless you think it would help get the watch back?

Thanks

Julie
Old 10 June 2016, 09:20 PM   #10
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Very sorry that this happened. My sympathies. I had my WG Daytona stolen from me and the police found it in a pawn shop. Two were arrested and went to prison and had to pay me 100,000 Yen as apology money. I also of course got my watch back.

Having said that none of that would not have occurred had I not held the police's feet to the fire. After the initial report was taken they completely blew me off. They did absolutely no follow up. It was only after I insisted and threatened them basically to just put the serial number in their database ( yea, they really did not even do that upon taking the initial report) did it pop up almost immediately as a mandatory reporting issue that pawn shops are required to do. The pawn shop was amazing. The police not so much.

Make a follow up call to your local coppers cuz I assure you that they won't call you.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 09:31 PM   #11
PJ S
Banned

Jules, have a chat with Milton Haywood about ensuring your watch details are added to the Safergems Watch Register.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 09:40 PM   #12
KevNev
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LN
Sorry for the loss.

Was the insurance policy for a specific dollar amount if it only listed a generic men's Rolex? Can't really blame the insurance company for not wanting to pay if you never increased the coverage.
KevNev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 10:11 PM   #13
scubadiver1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN,Omega SMP
Julie try gumtree its far easier for a dirty thieving sod to sell it on there than a pawn shop or ebay.
I will search the Scottish sectors ads up here for you and if I see one will make a few calls

sorry to hear this, Insurance is great but they will demand that you inform them of any changes etc and far better to tell them make model etc to ensure they cant wriggle out of cover if the need arises.
scubadiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 10:28 PM   #14
Blingtone
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV no Rehault
Hi Julie, Watches of distinction in Lymington (near Southampton) are friends, try Giles on 01590 688641 I normally contact Rolex on : 0207 024 7350 good luck
Blingtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 10:29 PM   #15
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Icon9

The insurance specified a 'Gents Rolex' £4000.

When we took out the insurance in June he had an Oyster Perpetual. Then in October we part exchanged the Oyster for the Submariner, and paid the difference. I didnt increase the sums insured, which is my fault, however the loss adjuster commented that the watch we owned when we took the policy out wasnt the one stolen..... well no, thats correct, but they were both a 'Gents Rolex' so I dont understand what relevance that is.

There was no description, model,serial number etc, had there been I would have changed the insurance. They may not even pay out the sum insured apparently.
Old 10 June 2016, 10:31 PM   #16
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Thank you all, I will be making some calls this afternoon :)
Old 10 June 2016, 10:42 PM   #17
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Thank you all, I will be making some calls this afternoon :)
id suggest you offer to pay the premium difference up front and see if they cover it.

if they do not you are in for a battle. read your policy carefully. if you need any help PM me. I worked in insurance defense for a while.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2016, 10:59 PM   #18
os993
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C SS (116610)
Sorry to hear about this terrible personal invasion. They only took the watch?

Who do you think did it? Random or some coordinated attack? Sounds pre planned with some insight.

Again, sorry for your loss and invasion of privacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
os993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:02 AM   #19
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

Yes, they only took the watch.

It was only on a bedside table, anything else worth anything was out of sight, so either they only came for that (and knew it was there) or they had to be fast so didnt bother looking for anything else. Neither is a great thought. They stepped across an iPad to take the watch!
Old 11 June 2016, 12:10 AM   #20
Robbie68
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bond 60th
Post the full serial number as some have suggested then if someone Googles it they'll end up here. Normally I wouldn't post a number but what's the worst that can happen?
I hope you get it back. Good luck.
Robbie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:16 AM   #21
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear and hope you can recover it.
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:19 AM   #22
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Sounds like they knew what they were doing. How did they find the box and papers?
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:30 AM   #23
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Post the full serial number; how else would anybody be able to know it was the watch in question !! Also any specifics that would help identify it or the accessories.

Rolex does not do anything "on-line". Take the police report to them so that they can input it in their stolen watch register. If anybody tries to have it serviced it will be flagged and the authorities notified.

I hope that you are able to recover your watch..
Old 11 June 2016, 12:38 AM   #24
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
So sorry for your loss hopefully it will be found and the scum that took it will do there time ... Good luck and please keep us posted
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:44 AM   #25
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

My husband doesn't wear it very often as he works in a dusty environment, not suitable for such a lovely watch. Its like his pride and joy, he kept it in the box, and the papers were in the box. The serial number if it helps is M364405.

I have informed Rolex, I spoke to their head office, and they asked me to email all the details, which I have done.

I hope it isn't someone we know, its not nice wondering if friends are thieves :(
Old 11 June 2016, 12:47 AM   #26
brookish
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deep Blue
Quote:
My husband doesn't wear it very often as he works in a dusty environment, not suitable for such a lovely watch. Its like his pride and joy, he kept it in the box, and the papers were in the box. The serial number if it helps is M364405.

I have informed Rolex, I spoke to their head office, and they asked me to email all the details, which I have done.

I hope it isn't someone we know, its not nice wondering if friends are thieves :(
NEVER keep it all together. My watches are separate to their boxes and the papers are somewhere else...

Current collection: Rolex Sea-Dweller, Rolex Deepsea D-blue, Rolex 116613LB, Rolex Explorer II (black), Omega Speedmaster SS, IWC Ingenieur Chrono, Panerai PAM127, Panerai PAM328, Panerai PAM629, Panerai PAM217, Panerai PAM339, Panerai PAM341, Panerai PAM605, Panerai PAM376
brookish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 12:51 AM   #27
Jules1975
"TRF" Member

No, well I know this now!! :( I wear mine daily, so I dont have the same issue.

He's owned Rolex's for 20 years, and never been a victim of crime, I dont suppose until it happens to you or someone close to you its at the forefront of your mind.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, however if it wasnt in the box we would still have a stolen watch I guess....
Old 11 June 2016, 01:03 AM   #28
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
We believe the thief came into the house when I was in the shower and took it.
This is the thing that scared the hell out of me, the most. Things can be replaced, but your safety is paramount.

Good luck..I'm sure it'll turn up, eventually.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 01:42 AM   #29
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Hopefully this turns out like the last stolen watch thread and you get it back in the same condition. Having your property stolen from you causes such a horrible feeling. I'm sorry.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2016, 01:48 AM   #30
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
why would you not post the serial on here. You don't even have the watch anymore. It will only help you maybe find it.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote