The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 30 April 2017, 06:49 AM   #1
slide13
"TRF" Member

Datejust 16200 black dial, recently serviced - $2900

Rolex 16200 A serial Datejust with smooth bezel, oyster bracelet, and black baton dial.

I purchased this watch late last year from the previous owner and it has served me well since. Watch was serviced in Feb 2016 by Howard Jewelers in Canada which is a Rolex authorized service facility. They did a full service but did not replace the mainspring at that time. About three months ago the watch stopped working and yep, you guess it, broken main spring. Thankfully it has the 2 year Rolex Service Guarantee....sent it back to howard and they replaced the mainspring at no charge. So this watch is ready to go for a good 5-10 years now I'd say. Running well and within COSC spec. Had been running dead on when the mainspring broke and now it runs just a touch slow, been about -1 for me.

Overall condition is very good for an 18 year old watch. Case has been polished during service but is still plenty thick. Tried to take the best pictures I could. Bracelet is full link and also includes 1 extra link that isn't quite a match. I purchased the extra link after getting the watch and finding it a touch tight. I believe it is a link from a similar era Sea Dweller as it has brushed sides rather than polished, other than that it's the same so it works great. I took a dremel to it (just that one extra link alone, I'm not crazy!!) and it's kinda sorta polished now so it blends in well at least.

Issues -

1 - watch was sold to me in like new condition after the service. Since then I've put typical desk diver marks back on the bracelet. The pictures are current but don't show them as well as they could maybe.

2 - dial has mark between 7 & 8 o'clock markers. This is incredibly hard to see and turns out impossible to photograph (at least for me). Took weeks of owning and wearing the watch before I noticed it. If you get a bright light just right and glaring just so there is a small oval shiny spot. In almost all light but that it looks perfect and even under a loupe I can't see anything....takes a really weird light condition to make it noticeable. Probably happened during service is my guess, but I'm not the one who sent it in for service so couldn't really claim that. Also, probably would go unnoticed by most people but I wanted to call it out. I tried repeatedly to get a picture to show it with no luck, sorry wish I could, but it isn't happening.

3 - has a small tool mark under the 6 o'clock end link. I don't have a picture of this because I'm not good at taking off the bracelet and would rather not do it again. It's minor and also likely from a service when they pulled the bezel.

4 - tiny chip in the edge of the crystal at 12 o'clock. Not very noticeable but you can feel it with your finger nail. See picture 5, you can just see it there, it's very tiny.

So that's it. What I hope is a very thorough description of a great older Datejust that is serviced and ready to go for a long time to come. I'm taking into the account the issues and pricing this competitively for a recently serviced watch. Personally I'd say wear it as it is as it's great...but I'm subtracting the cost of a dial replacement from what I paid for it around 6 months ago.

Looking for $2900 delivered CONUS.

Payment via bank wire or Paypal +3%.

Sorry, no international shipping.

Never sold here before but have sold on TZ and WUS. Have great feedback under the username on Ebay, AZBilliards.com, Bladeforums.com, USN, and probably a few other places I can't think of. Questions feel free to ask. Located in Sun Prairie, WI and happy to do a face to face anywhere within a 1 hour drive. Only selling because today I finally got my dream daily wear, a new Sub C.

slide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 06:31 AM   #2
slide13
"TRF" Member

Sold!
slide13 is offline   Reply With Quote