The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 4 December 2017, 01:03 PM   #1
wingwlkr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer
FS; 1988 Explorer 1016

I purchased this 1016, “L” serial number Explorer new in 1988 or ‘89. Both the Explorer and the GMT I owned were used in my line of work as a navigator. It’s made many trips across the Pacific Ocean. After I retired, I seldom wore the watches and they sat in my dresser drawer. In the spring of 2013 I sent the Explorer and my GMT off to Bob Ridley for service.

I sold the GMT here on RF in May of 2013. The new GMT owner posted positive feedback which you can still find on RF. I also have 19 years of all positive feedback on eBay with the same user name.

I had intended to sell the Explorer at the same time, but sentimental attachment kept it sitting in my dresser drawer for the past four years. I’m finally ready to sell.

Mr Ridely gave me permission to use the photos he took. The other photos are mine and it’s easy to tell them apart. Sorry for the quality, I’m just not as good a photographer as the denizens of RF.

One photo shows everything that goes with the sale, including original parts Mr. Ridley removed during service. Four years later, I don’t remember if they came from the Explorer or the GMT. In any case they are included.

On close inspection of the macro shots, I was surprised to see there are very fine scratches on the crystal. This crystal was replaced by Mr Ridley, then I left the watch in my dresser drawer the past four years without ever wearing it. I can only assume the scratches were caused by papers that were laying on top of it. I would imagine they are fine enough to be easily buffed out. You guys are experts on this. I’m not. Just trying to do the right thing in mentioning it. I thought I had the original box, but can’t find it.

I have no idea how to price this watch, so I’ll start with what I think is high. $10,000.00. If no one bites, every 48 hours when I’m allowed to bump the ad, the price will be reduced until it finds a new home. Keep watching.

Payment via PayPal, or bank wire transfer. Add any associated fees to purchase price.

Buyer also pays actual shipping costs. I used USPS Registered Mail for shipping the GMT and both the buyer and I felt very comfortable with that. Plus, it was not expensive. You choose the shipping method that you’re comfortable with.

I am not a dealer. I am selling what was once a tool to me. A beloved tool, but still, a tool. I have represented the watch accurately as I know how, but it sells “as is”, with no warranty, refund or return. I will answer any questions, talk on the phone, or send more photos if needed. You can reach me via email at; charyed@me.com.

Eddie Bob Brown

wingwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 01:11 PM   #2
wingwlkr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer
Sold
wingwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote