The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 16 August 2018, 11:33 PM   #61
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

3rd Submariner - from Rolex Boutique in Japan (2 has pearl not centered issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
No. I own several 6 digit Subs, and could never spot something so insignificant as that purported "flaw". Certainly not with my 55 year old eyes and glasses. Guarantee the OP could not see this with his naked eye until he either used a loupe or smartphone camera and expanded the pics. Your OCD must really hinder your life activities.

I’ll get my 2¢ in now before Peter (Padi) shares his newest, latest acronym for bezel insert obsession.

I agree with you that the OP ought to ignore the perceived anomaly. I say perceived because no diver would worry over this. Nor anyone wanting a 3 1/2 minute boiled egg

Let’s all hit the pause button and realize the bezel insert is a graduated tool to measure elapsed time in minutes. And with 120 clicks, half-minutes.

Read Larry’s post #14 in this old thread: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=412610

So if you hate the alignment - pull off the bezel and remove the click spring. Now it’s smooth rotating and if the pearled triangle is misaligned, the fault be yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 17 August 2018, 12:16 AM   #62
Bregow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Your photo seems off center to me, hard to tell.
For real, this pic is not helping us at all.... but from here seems good!!

Enjoy it...
Old 17 August 2018, 12:20 AM   #63
darkside7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C
Just take it to your dealer and get it over with it. That’s what a warranty is for.

Last edited by darkside7; 17 August 2018 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Add line
Old 17 August 2018, 12:28 AM   #64
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

I think you just need to become slightly blind ..
Old 17 August 2018, 12:35 AM   #65
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I’ll get my 2¢ in now before Peter (Padi) shares his newest, latest acronym for bezel insert obsession.

I agree with you that the OP ought to ignore the perceived anomaly. I say perceived because no diver would worry over this. Nor anyone wanting a 3 1/2 minute boiled egg

Let’s all hit the pause button and realize the bezel insert is a graduated tool to measure elapsed time in minutes. And with 120 clicks, half-minutes.

Read Larry’s post #14 in this old thread: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=412610

So if you hate the alignment - pull off the bezel and remove the click spring. Now it’s smooth rotating and if the pearled triangle is misaligned, the fault be yours.

What the OP had the issue with was apparently the pip and surround was not "perfectly" centered within the triangle on the insert. Now I don't know how the pip is attached to the ceramic, but looks like he was able to get it fixed to his satisfaction. Call me crazy, but I just wear my watches and enjoy them not worrying about microscopic mis-alignments! Life is simply too short.
Old 17 August 2018, 12:41 AM   #66
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

And there’s the voice of reason

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Old 17 August 2018, 12:57 AM   #67
ShingaMC
"TRF" Member

I think the ops is right. Watch company proud them self on attention to detail. Then it should please our OCD.
The more member like ops help watch company need to pay more attention to QC. The easier customer, the worse company later.

I would bring it back and have them fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 August 2018, 07:21 AM   #68
haven_seeker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 19018N OQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree about OCD looks like we have another Rolex syndrome on forum the {LMBPCS}lupe mania bezel pearl centre syndrome.
Submariner owners are EXTREMELY vulnerable!!!

GMT owners also can catch this very debilitating disease.
Old 17 August 2018, 07:27 AM   #69
Koala
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26401RO
Ok so while the pearl itself is perfectly aligned, in these pics the bezel looks to be a millimeter off to the left, but im sure that can be fixed by just rotating the bezel ever so slightly to the right for correct alignment. there's usually a tiny bit of play they can move left/right before it clicks another rotational notch.
Old 17 August 2018, 07:58 AM   #70
marcopolo05
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewdi View Post
Thanks all, I am pretty OCD about it - took it back and the service center people were so nice (you expect nothing from Japanese services) - picked it up again and it is perfect! Might sound silly but man that was a mistake to look into every single details of your watch trying to find flaw... this is a “disease” type hobby ... sigh ..yet we all keep coming back

That red smudge on the saphire would annoy me more than your original complaint

Nice to see how they take care of these cases :)

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A6003 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 17 August 2018, 08:03 AM   #71
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeA View Post
But now it looks like your bezel triangle doesn't line up with the 12 o'clock marker. ;-)
Yup...

Time to take it back.
Old 25 September 2018, 10:01 PM   #72
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No. I own several 6 digit Subs, and could never spot something so insignificant as that purported "flaw". Certainly not with my 55 year old eyes and glasses. Guarantee the OP could not see this with his naked eye until he either used a loupe or smartphone camera and expanded the pics.
I'm glad for you, but it's not your watch or problem, perceived or not.

Quote:
Your OCD must really hinder your life activities.
Not a bit, but thanks for making assumptions.
Old 25 September 2018, 11:01 PM   #73
Ljung
"TRF" Member

This is a diving tool watch, not really a precision measurement tool.
Enjoy the precision in time keeping.
Old 25 September 2018, 11:10 PM   #74
javier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliet View Post
I read these threads all the time and frankly was a bit nervous that my new Sub might have one of these defects.

Picked up the Sub about a month ago and compared it to some of the photos I see on here. Take this one for example. That is zoomed in massively. Look at the pearl as it sits on your wrist, you just don't see the detail that you do in that photo.

There was another thread on here looking at gaps between bracelets and cases. In the photos the gaps can look terrible. Then you look at your own watch with your own eye and realise anything will look terrible under 10x zoom.

If you're going to sit and look at your watch under a microscope then I think a mechanical watch may not be for you. Just accept that there will be some fine differences between watches and enjoy that yours is individual.
VG answer. Indeed agree
Closed Thread