The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 21 March 2020, 11:12 AM   #1
JJ22
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
Please avoid doing business with escobar144

I’m a newbie on the forum here, but have bought a watch under the same username, JJ22, on WUS and you can see my positive feedback there. I have also bought and sold several watches on eBay all with positive feedback.

I attempted to make my first transaction here on TRF for an easylink to compliment my white dial OP39. I started this transaction with escobar144 here on TRF on June 23, 2019 to order said easylink. We agreed on the terms, I paid half up front for him to order one from his AD friend, and then would pay the other half when it came in. All was good and smooth at this point, and he said it would arrive in 4 weeks or so.
On July 9th, he let me know the part was back ordered and that it would take a while longer. I was good with that and certainly understanding. Waiting has become part of the Rolex process these days anyway.
No response at all for 2 months, September 5th now, so I check in. He said he should have it in hand the following week.
No response at all for another 5 months... January 31st now. I follow up. He apologies and explains he can’t seem to get one now. I was very understanding, and he offered, and I agreed to, a refund given the long wait and no eta for an easylink. He was on vacation at the time, and asked if Feb. 7th was okay when he returned. I was fine with that, and wasn’t worried about an extra few days.
Well, its now almost 2 months later with no refund and no response to any text messages or TRF messages. He has not issued a refund, and has canceled 2 PayPal money requests for the refund amount. All while regularly posting on the forum here.
Escobar144 seemed like a great guy and was great to communicate with initially, but given this experience I strongly suggest not doing business with him.
JJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2020, 10:43 PM   #2
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
That little red triangle on the bottom left corner is how you report things like this to the Moderators. They would most likely restrict his account until this is resolved so he doesnt scam anyone else.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 09:30 AM   #3
escobar144
Banned

Watch: Submariner/DJ 41
DM me so I can pay pal you!
escobar144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 11:28 AM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar144 View Post
DM me so I can pay pal you!
Bit late for that isn't it? He's not been online since June 2020. Why don't you DM him?
Old 5 November 2021, 05:51 AM   #5
escobar144
Banned

Watch: Submariner/DJ 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Bit late for that isn't it? He's not been online since June 2020. Why don't you DM him?

This was truly a one off situation. I kept getting push backs from my supplier so I was working with the buyer to make sure I could get him the link. I ended up moving across the country for work and honestly just dropped the ball. I DM’d this user a few times to try and arrange a refund but I am not hearing back from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
escobar144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2021, 09:01 AM   #6
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Yeah, nowhere near good enough of an explanation. Presumably you keep records and have the OPs contact. If he ever gets back here to let us know you refunded him we might consider letting you back.
Old 5 November 2021, 09:14 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
One off he says

Old 5 November 2021, 09:16 AM   #8
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
*facepalm* The OP indicated he sent a couple of PayPal requests to the seller. So the seller didn't need to be in touch with the OP to do the right thing and refund.

Seems like this guy found his name linked to this thread and went into damage control mode.. too late!
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote