The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 5 February 2023, 05:51 PM   #1
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Highendtime - stolen pics

High end time is selling a 126710BLNR from Sep 2020 claiming that 'the photographs in this listing are accurate and of the item up for sale'. Archived at this link

Of course, the pics were stolen from a watch from Jun 2019. (Along with some other pics for other watches)
Date, hour, minute, second, and all other details are identical.

Highendtime
highendtime.jpg

1st Dibs
1st_dibs.png
Old 7 February 2023, 01:34 AM   #2
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
yikes. not a good look from HighendTimes. Nice detective work, how'd you figure they were fake pics? Google image search?
Old 7 February 2023, 04:50 AM   #3
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar10213245 View Post
yikes. not a good look from HighendTimes. Nice detective work, how'd you figure they were fake pics? Google image search?
Yup, always do it as due diligence, and definitely recommend everyone do so as well.
Old 7 February 2023, 11:51 AM   #4
LadyTimeWatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Hi all I am HighendTime’s wife and am also a member on here. First of all they are not fake pics and if you scroll down on the listing archived above you will see that REAL photos of the EXACT watch are also attached. Just the first photo used was a stock image and even the reference site the OP refers to is using a stock photo as all the remaining images of the watch have a different date. It is my husbands watch and I can provide any additional photos anyone needs.

HighendTime is a legitimate seller as you can see from the feedback on ALL prior transactions on here. Mods I do request you to delete this message as it is unfounded and baseless. Mistakes can happen but the prior transactions here speak volumes.
Old 7 February 2023, 12:30 PM   #5
tike71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTimeWatches View Post
Hi all I am HighendTime’s wife and am also a member on here. First of all they are not fake pics and if you scroll down on the listing archived above you will see that REAL photos of the EXACT watch are also attached. Just the first photo used was a stock image and even the reference site the OP refers to is using a stock photo as all the remaining images of the watch have a different date. It is my husbands watch and I can provide any additional photos anyone needs.

HighendTime is a legitimate seller as you can see from the feedback on ALL prior transactions on here. Mods I do request you to delete this message as it is unfounded and baseless. Mistakes can happen but the prior transactions here speak volumes.
The first rule of the For Sale forum is "Pics of the actual item being listed must be posted along with the ad."
So him using stock photos of the watch he's selling is a blatant violation.
Old 7 February 2023, 12:44 PM   #6
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post
The first rule of the For Sale forum is "Pics of the actual item being listed must be posted along with the ad."
So him using stock photos of the watch he's selling is a blatant violation.
As simple as that
Old 7 February 2023, 12:53 PM   #7
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytimewatches View Post
hi all i am highendtime’s wife and am also a member on here. First of all they are not fake pics and if you scroll down on the listing archived above you will see that real photos of the exact watch are also attached. Just the first photo used was a stock image and even the reference site the op refers to is using a stock photo as all the remaining images of the watch have a different date. It is my husbands watch and i can provide any additional photos anyone needs.

Highendtime is a legitimate seller as you can see from the feedback on all prior transactions on here. Mods i do request you to delete this message as it is unfounded and baseless. Mistakes can happen but the prior transactions here speak volumes.
all_pics.jpg

"The photographs in this listing are accurate and of the item up for sale."

In your husband's pics, all the frontal pics are copied and presented as the watch being sold. The first pic doesn't even exist on the source page. It was zoomed in and cropped to make it look like the watch was flawless.
He then transitions to the back and clasp, and then a shot from distance. To show as one watch.

The buyers here depend on the pics presented in order to guess about the seller's capacity and character, and to see the condition of the watch they're buying across half the world. I actually believe he would actually deliver, but I usually only see this behavior with scammers; the trusted dealers here would never do this.
Old 7 February 2023, 01:00 PM   #8
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

But for the sake of argument, let's examine 2 watches from the auctioneer, Xupes

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/watc...id-j_14512702/

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/watc...id-j_14542122/

Zooming in, you can see the details on the so called stock images. Eg. the bump at the first digit of 22 on one and not on the other. These are not stock images, these are actual high quality macro pics of different watches.
Old 7 February 2023, 01:33 PM   #9
LadyTimeWatches
"TRF" Member

As I have stated, the 1stDibs photos are different dates so are also not of the same watch. In order to improve the consistency of images my husband may have used a stock image same as the one used by the auctioneer.

Actual photos of the watch on sale were also attached per TRF policies. Apologies if this is a mistake but all prior transactions here and on other sites have been flawless so he is obviously not a scammer. The poster above (Omar) has bought from us as well and left us positive feedback. You have just 38 posts and no transactions either with my husband or anyone here. You are not a mod either. No disrespect intended.

Once again apologies for using what he thought was a stock photo but actual pics of the watch being sold are also included which you neglected to mention above and I as an individual member of this forum wanted to reiterate.

And the watch in question was new so is flawless.
Old 7 February 2023, 01:36 PM   #10
LadyTimeWatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
As simple as that
Apologies and I shall convey it to him. Just an inadvertent error on his part and no disrespect or anything else intended. You can check his feedback here and actual photos were also included.
Old 7 February 2023, 03:08 PM   #11
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As I have stated, the 1stDibs photos are different dates so are also not of the same watch. In order to improve the consistency of images my husband may have used a stock image same as the one used by the auctioneer.

Actual photos of the watch on sale were also attached per TRF policies. Apologies if this is a mistake but all prior transactions here and on other sites have been flawless so he is obviously not a scammer. The poster above (Omar) has bought from us as well and left us positive feedback. You have just 38 posts and no transactions either with my husband or anyone here. You are not a mod either. No disrespect intended.

Once again apologies for using what he thought was a stock photo but actual pics of the watch being sold are also included which you neglected to mention above and I as an individual member of this forum wanted to reiterate.

Just so you know the original appraiser was Xupes, and their reference was W007954

https://www.xupes.com/watches/produc...26710blnr.html

They explicitly state that Images are of the actual item and are an accurate representation of condition, so all images are stated to be the same watch.
Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 12.47.30 PM.png

As for the other points, how would I know from the pictures posted? Even the back was copied so all I would see would be the clasp and a shot from far. In fact, how would I know that those weren't copied as well? I think you still don't quite understand why people might be unhappy.

You can refer to this giant thread on WUS about this whole thing that got another established seller banned.
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/q...sales.1997418/
He was a lot ruder but did not understand as well. It's not just about having an actual pic (which? I wouldn't even know after all the copied pics)

If you look at this forum over the last month, tike71, and to a lesser extent, myself, have picked up at least 6 or 7 scammers, phished or otherwise, using stolen pics the same way. All the recent deleted posts on watchrecon for Rolex forums for GMTs are probably from us. I didn't deal with them, but I've reported them and raised them in this forum.
Old 7 February 2023, 11:52 PM   #12
omar10213245

Quote:

I can vouch for them, they treated me very well when I bought an OP36 from them over a year ago.
Old 7 February 2023, 11:53 PM   #13
omar10213245

hey, I just noticed that last response of mine was my 600th post on this website. neat!
Old 8 February 2023, 01:07 AM   #14
LadyTimeWatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar10213245 View Post
I can vouch for them, they treated me very well when I bought an OP36 from them over a year ago.
Thanks so much Omar for the gesture. It was actually an honest mistake and one that we wouldn’t repeat. Congrats on 600 posts and hope you’re loving that OP36! My husband sends his regards.
Old 8 February 2023, 01:52 AM   #15
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

In any case, if the mods ask, I'm ok to have this thread deleted (Not that I would have much of a say). I'm not able to delete it myself anyways.
Closed Thread