View Single Post
Old 19 February 2019, 02:11 AM   #23
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
The VC Overseas unfortunately doesn't do much for me. Years ago I "wanted" to like it but in the end I realized I dislike the bezel and bracelet design and I also don't like the dial much, including the shape of the markers at 6, 9 and 12, the framed date, and the twin outer ring. Compared to the original 222 the Overseas is screaming "I am different" at cost of sacrificing simplicity and beauty IMO. I would love to own a 222 and I like quite a few VC dress watches, but I think VC messed up when transferring its legendary 1970s sports watch into the 21st century, just like IWC, and unlike AP and Patek.
Ah, like everything, it's in the eye of the beholder. I think the VC is beautiful, and there's not a watch at any price point that can beat that blue dial. The Overseas Date is simple but very interesting in design, elegant but also somewhat rugged, classic and proportionally perfect. All the things you mentioned are the reasons I love it.

On the other hand, the AP and Patek equivalents, I guess something from the Royal Oak line and the Nautilus, do nothing for me at all. I find the designs dated and boring, like something my grandfather would wear. (I never liked those odd little screws around the AP bezel.) Nothing wrong with those watches for some guys, of course, just not for me.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote