The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10 December 2019, 11:06 PM   #391
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79280_116520 View Post
Unless the buyers are able to return the “questionable” blueberries back to those “trusted” dealers at original cost, I don’t see how “trusted” the dealers will be.
How much did you pay for your 1675 Blueberry? Who else is asking to return theirs? Where's the evidence snowing they're definitely fake or definitely real?

And here begins page 14...
Old 10 December 2019, 11:16 PM   #392
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Where's the evidence snowing they're definitely fake or definitely real?
You mean other than the recent Rolex letter stating that they never fitted a GMT with an all blue bezel?!!!!
Old 10 December 2019, 11:49 PM   #393
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
You mean other than the recent Rolex letter stating that they never fitted a GMT with an all blue bezel?!!!!
Yeah, something definitive and from someone in the vintage department would be a huge help.
Old 11 December 2019, 12:18 AM   #394
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How much did you pay for your 1675 Blueberry? Who else is asking to return theirs? Where's the evidence snowing they're definitely fake or definitely real?

And here begins page 14...
The evidence is that the deafening silence from Rolex should be enough to throw the Cat amongst the Pigeons. I along with quite a few others am waiting to see the ramifications of the fall out.
Old 11 December 2019, 12:35 AM   #395
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 50 View Post
The evidence is the deafening silence from Rolex should be enough to throw the Cat amongst the Pigeons. I along with quite a few others am waiting to see the ramifications of the fall out.
I don't disagree but wouldn't rely on silence from Rolex being a determination of anything. Rolex is silent on everything.

My guess is that prices won't drop unless Rolex vintage comes forth with a letter. Otherwise, no one will risk selling cheap in case they're later proven beyond doubt to be real.
Old 11 December 2019, 01:06 AM   #396
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't disagree but wouldn't rely on silence from Rolex being a determination of anything. Rolex is silent on everything.

My guess is that prices won't drop unless Rolex vintage comes forth with a letter. Otherwise, no one will risk selling cheap in case they're later proven beyond doubt to be real.
Who would buy one under these conditions? More importantly, who would sell one?
Old 11 December 2019, 01:22 AM   #397
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
Quote:

That’s wishful thinking....Rolex already said they did not put them on any watches!
Old 11 December 2019, 02:20 AM   #398
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexPassion View Post
are you joking ?

everybody know ...

Singer was bought from Rolex in the 90's and so Rolex started to produce dials and bezels inside ......
You need to settle down please.

No, everyone here doesn't know the background of every company that Rolex has purchased the past several decades. It's nice that you have such a background to know those little things about Rolex, but I don't see how that has anything to do with the blueberry discussions going on in this thread.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 11 December 2019, 02:31 AM   #399
canadianswiss
Banned

Quote:
wrong ,

for example many of us buy a good Newman because know how is made, have the step, type of buffer etc ...

and never you ask to the seller "proof to me with a Rolex certificate this PN is genuine dial "

obviously must be genuine , but you don't ask a Rolex paper when is written

This is just getting comical, I am speechless, well, there are already full red, full green, full fuchsia, full copper and full violet inserts found for 1675.
They are all real!
Now you prove they are not!
They are still on the cheap!
Just a couple of grands.
Let’s get them before prices go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 December 2019, 02:42 AM   #400
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
it would make no sense ...
if they have asked for a proof of production from Singer and then decided not to sell them in their network stores they must not respond to the public of anything, on their part there is no fraud.

What people here are forgetting and which is very important, is that none of the sellers (as far as I know ) has ever told them that these watches came out with the BLUE bezels directly from Rolex and that they were the first equipment. All them (i believe ) have always been informed that the blue Bezel was a prototype or test sample never commercialized, so it is not so implicit that not only Rolex but also dealers should be liable for any fraud or reimbursement.
An opinion from the rolex or Singer could certainly help, but if it were legal, it is understood that all customers in buying these bezels accepted a percentage of the benefit of the doubt, and that even if no other bezel is marked Rolex anywhere and they were produced by external suppliers, so it would be a very difficult thing.

We have already seen in recent years causes of famous people who have brought famous sellers to court perhaps for a much more important non-original dial or only partially restored or not mounted in the case of the right period, so imagine how few arguments you have to hang on to the fact whether a bezel is recognized or not by Rolex.

For me it is different, if a seller told the customer a lot of lies (like if was from a military man and that he was always with the Blue bezel) then the less experienced customer could also ask for a refund and put them in the good sense of the two people get to a solution (maybe another watch in partial replacement) but if the customer is an expert and he bought in the last 4 years (when everyone already knew the mystery attracts these bezels) and therefore accepting a percentage of risk implicit in the word "prototype" or "sample test never produced and marketed" then in this case I think that there is a minimum of complicity and awareness and if you were convinced in the last few years that it was good, you have to fool yourself now with the voices made by Orcs etc. etc.
Please stop with the "prototype" BS. Writing that hundreds or thousands of these bezel inserts were made and are considered prototypes is totally ridiculous. No company would do this. Your speculation is not based on anything substantive at all and does nothing more than provide a "glimmer of hope" that they are genuine even though it is 100% speculation on your part.

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 11 December 2019, 02:47 AM   #401
RolexPassion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
This is still the case. But authentic parts doesn’t necessarily mean untouched, all original etc. Personally I would recommend anyone buying expensive watches to read up and learn before spending money. Regardless if it is 10k or even millions. Authentic or not shouldn’t really be a question. That should be a given.

When it comes to blueberries these have been questioned since the day they came up. For some reason they got accepted by some and thus there have been a market for them. It’s not like any ’trusted dealer’ would know when no one else knows. They just go where the market is and deal. It’s their job.
exactly
Old 11 December 2019, 02:50 AM   #402
RolexPassion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 50 View Post
The evidence is that the deafening silence from Rolex should be enough to throw the Cat amongst the Pigeons. I along with quite a few others am waiting to see the ramifications of the fall out.
absolutely not
they done the same also with original vintage watches , they answer if somebody go there with a Fake PN ( and not ever ) , not if somebody talk about this on a forum or send a mail with only a pics of the watch
Old 11 December 2019, 02:50 AM   #403
RolexPassion
Banned

Quote:

totally agree , the same i writes before here
Old 11 December 2019, 03:11 AM   #404
RolexPassion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Please stop with the "prototype" BS. Writing that hundreds or thousands of these bezel inserts were made and are considered prototypes is totally ridiculous. No company would do this. Your speculation is not based on anything substantive at all and does nothing more than provide a "glimmer of hope" that they are genuine even though it is 100% speculation on your part.

try from 15 pages to say things that are the exact opposite of the version that I have already said,

I repeat:

If Rolex asks for a sample test ....

Singer produces what he believes is necessary to start the printing process by eliminating the first defects in the numbers that we see in some bezels.

Rolex, who asked for 150 test pieces or maybe someone in a Rolex office that dealt with new models or designs without even notifying the management or just their superior,( don't forget that it was the 70s, not 2000) refuses the try, he doesn't like it.
Those produced between printing start-up + 150 + production end with stock stacking are in total between 350 and 400 pieces.

Singer or someone who works there gets them out quite a bit and sends them to other co-workers or someone who somehow gets a part of it to an external Rolex repairer, near NY

Others remain to a person who works in the world around watches and is close to Singer and knows them very well.
He is able to keep the remaining lot in his spare parts for years (those that did not go years before in the USA)

To recap: it is not a Rolex product, therefore the Rolex despite having requested a test of 150 pieces has no duty towards the consumers to communicate if it has requested this test or not, indeed since the product lacks a final step (transparent gloss to hot) and does not have the same quality standards as the other bezels, it probably also has an interest in pretending not to know anything and stay away from it.

It is in the minds of many of you and in your imagination that you have decided to think over the past 4/5 years that they are mounted as original equipment or that they came out as products blistered and codified by Rolex, but no one who knows them or any reseller has never put this rumor around (at least the most famous ones I know)
And in 70’s spare parts was not blistered and not computer code

So whoever buys a BLUE bezels, be it alone or on a watch, has always more or less known that it was a particular and much discussed object ...

Now, therefore, do not make the saints who fall from the sky just for the sake of giving sins around or because you did not have the balls to buy it even if you liked it, or because you would like the prices to collapse now and then buy it at a very low price.

it is right that it should remain where it is as a value, because it seems to me that the relationship between the customer and the seller has been very clear from the start on this question.

Then if so many people who don't have it enjoy this food so viscerally, then the problem is within them and it's not about watches ...

This is what I think, free to respect it or not and to believe it or not ...
Old 11 December 2019, 03:29 AM   #405
canadianswiss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post

Hi there,
He is peddling the same bs on other forum although he uses a different handle there.

Guys, use your brains!

There was NEVER one single case of FIRST, ORIGINAL OWNER of a watch with blueberry insert that would come to spotlight.
NOBODY knows a single FIRST, ORIGINAL OWNER of such watch.

I have a challenge going on forums to find just one guy like that, to no avail I must say.

It was proven that the inserts are manufactured extremely poorly, nothing like Rolex ever authorized from 1950’s to these days.

The innuendos, fantasies, legends and insinuations peddled by believers are mutually excluding.

At first we were told to believe they are a special order for UAE Navy, a story in itself laughable for many reasons, now we are told by some it is a “prototype” either stollen, given, or smuggled from Rolex supplier.

So it is either A Navy order or stolen inserts from supplier, which is it?
It can not be both!

PS, a part, even from Rolex supplier, IS NOT A ROLEX PART, until Rolex authorizes it and distributes it through Rolex distribution channels. Service parts included.

Old 11 December 2019, 03:31 AM   #406
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
double
Old 11 December 2019, 03:32 AM   #407
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Now, therefore, do not make the saints who fall from the sky just for the sake of giving sins around or because you did not have the balls to buy it
Wow.

Can we just establish that your obsessive, bordering on hysterical, need to insist that blue inserts are real, Rolex-issued parts is only because you currently own, and have sold them in the past, and you need to assuage any potential guilt or incrimination on your part?
Old 11 December 2019, 03:43 AM   #408
exador
Banned

Quote:
It is in the minds of many of you and in your imagination that you have decided to think over the past 4/5 years that they are mounted as original equipment or that they came out as products blistered and codified by Rolex, but no one who knows them or any reseller has never put this rumor around (at least the most famous ones I know)
And in 70’s spare parts was not blistered and not computer code.
Some questions:

1. How were these inserts undiscovered for 30 years before they suddenly “appeared” at a trade show?
2. Who started the UAE rumour?
3. Which of your famous resellers started fitting them to GMTs and peddling for $50,000?
http://rolexpassionmarket.com/watche...ry-circa-1971/
Old 11 December 2019, 03:50 AM   #409
exador
Banned

I see that Blueberries and all red GMT Hands are now considered to be a matching set
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Rolex-...sAAOSw7k9dyfwy
Old 11 December 2019, 03:50 AM   #410
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
Wow.

Can we just establish that your obsessive, bordering on hysterical, need to insist that blue inserts are real, Rolex-issued parts is only because you currently own, and have sold them in the past, and you need to assuage any potential guilt or incrimination on your part?
I think he may be sitting on a bunch of zeroberries.

The MO is very incriminating...
Old 11 December 2019, 04:17 AM   #411
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
try from 15 pages to say things that are the exact opposite of the version that I have already said,

I repeat:

Singer produces what he believes is necessary to start the printing process by eliminating the first defects in the numbers that we see in some bezels.

Rolex, who asked for 150 test pieces or maybe someone in a Rolex office that dealt with new models or designs without even notifying the management or just their superior,( don't forget that it was the 70s, not 2000) refuses the try, he doesn't like it.
Those produced between printing start-up + 150 + production end with stock stacking are in total between 350 and 400 pieces.

Singer or someone who works there gets them out quite a bit and sends them to other co-workers or someone who somehow gets a part of it to an external Rolex repairer, near NY

Others remain to a person who works in the world around watches and is close to Singer and knows them very well.
He is able to keep the remaining lot in his spare parts for years (those that did not go years before in the USA)

To recap: it is not a Rolex product, therefore the Rolex despite having requested a test of 150 pieces has no duty towards the consumers to communicate if it has requested this test or not, indeed since the product lacks a final step (transparent gloss to hot) and does not have the same quality standards as the other bezels, it probably also has an interest in pretending not to know anything and stay away from it.

So whoever buys a BLUE bezels, be it alone or on a watch, has always more or less known that it was a particular and much discussed object ...

Now, therefore, do not make the saints who fall from the sky just for the sake of giving sins around or because you did not have the balls to buy it even if you liked it, or because you would like the prices to collapse now and then buy it at a very low price.

it is right that it should remain where it is as a value, because it seems to me that the relationship between the customer and the seller has been very clear from the start on this question.

Then if so many people who don't have it enjoy this food so viscerally, then the problem is within them and it's not about watches ...

Total utter nonsense...BS. None of this is fact, and again, pure speculation on your part.

I've been around the vintage kingdom for a few decades, and while I admit I don't know everything Rolex, I would like to see you address the issue of how Singer ending up making inserts for Rolex - not blueberry inserts, but genuine inserts. Also, what else did Singer make for Rolex?

But there is no need for speculation. There has been enough of that already.

Old 11 December 2019, 04:27 AM   #412
athom
"TRF" Member

So after almost 15 pages about this subject, may I ask...are all blue fake ? xD
Old 11 December 2019, 04:35 AM   #413
canadianswiss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Some questions:

1. How were these inserts undiscovered for 30 years before they suddenly “appeared” at a trade show?

2. Who started the UAE rumour?

3. Which of your famous resellers started fitting them to GMTs and peddling for $50,000?

BINGO!

Old 11 December 2019, 04:59 AM   #414
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
double
Triple

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 11 December 2019, 04:59 AM   #415
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianswiss View Post
Hi there,
He is peddling the same bs on other forum although he uses a different handle there.

Guys, use your brains!

There was NEVER one single case of FIRST, ORIGINAL OWNER of a watch with blueberry insert that would come to spotlight.
NOBODY knows a single FIRST, ORIGINAL OWNER of such watch.

I have a challenge going on forums to find just one guy like that, to no avail I must say.

It was proven that the inserts are manufactured extremely poorly, nothing like Rolex ever authorized from 1950’s to these days.

The innuendos, fantasies, legends and insinuations peddled by believers are mutually excluding.

At first we were told to believe they are a special order for UAE Navy, a story in itself laughable for many reasons, now we are told by some it is a “prototype” either stollen, given, or smuggled from Rolex supplier.

So it is either A Navy order or stolen inserts from supplier, which is it?
It can not be both!

PS, a part, even from Rolex supplier, IS NOT A ROLEX PART, until Rolex authorizes it and distributes it through Rolex distribution channels. Service parts included.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 11 December 2019, 05:13 AM   #416
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Funny...

Old 11 December 2019, 05:14 AM   #417
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I repeat:

I think everybody is entitled to their opinion, and rightly so; but some of the posts in this thread have bordered on fantasy, with some almost childlike in their reluctance to embrace the obvious.
Old 11 December 2019, 05:31 AM   #418
canadianswiss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipćo View Post

Oops!

Old 11 December 2019, 05:31 AM   #419
1675-David
"TRF" Member

Quote:
double
Yupp, after reading through this thread for the second time I think I need one!!
Old 11 December 2019, 06:07 AM   #420
Showcall
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Skydweller
[QUOTE=canadianswiss;10193681]Oops!

is it just me? or do the numbers especially the 22 always look way too close to the edge of the bezel? and why are they always so shiny when the dial, hands and bracelet always so old looking?
Closed Thread