The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 June 2020, 07:27 AM   #61
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
If he is a watch guy I can show him if not .... tell him to beat it
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 07:54 AM   #62
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
In a house party with recent acquaintance, I would thank them and briefly show them the watch and leave it at that.

Out in the street, I’ll just start walking away while maintaining situational awareness of my surroundings.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 10:30 AM   #63
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
I would just say thanks, then show him my glock on my hip since i have a LTC also!
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 10:46 AM   #64
Me4u2night
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Watch stays on the wrist. Not taking it off to show to anyone especially a stranger.
Me4u2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 11:06 AM   #65
EtherBrown
"TRF" Member

Say “thanks, you a watch guy?” Then move on if they say “no” or throw the model name and reference number at them without mentioning Rolex and see if they actually are when they say “yes.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EtherBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2020, 11:14 AM   #66
calebb90
Banned

Signal the sniper and walk away.

calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:23 AM   #67
daniganch
"TRF" Member

Show him a Rolex in his eye... and walk away like a boss. JK lol... just tell him thanks and move on
daniganch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:32 AM   #68
Pongster
"TRF" Member

If he’s wearing a nice watch also, will say sure and compliment his watch. He ought to show his as well.

If he’s not wearing a watch, will just say: you want one? Give me your card and i will hook you up.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:44 AM   #69
JPMickB83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopWatch View Post
Nothing good can happen taking your watch off your wrist at a party

So true. At one point I had just purchased a Speedmaster and I showed it to a drunk friend who’s NOT a watch guy. I told him what I paid and he literally tossed it over his shoulder and it landed on the kitchen floor with a “thump”. My jaw dropped open, and I learned an important lesson about letting non-watch people handle a watch. Thankfully it wasn’t a tile floor, and I didn’t notice any damage or change in timekeeping.

These days, if someone asks about my watch and I happen to be wearing a Rolex, I’ll tell them the model name, but not that I’m wearing a Rolex. A watch enthusiast would already know and we’d be having a very different conversation.
JPMickB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:46 AM   #70
Aberdein
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1982 GMT 16750Matt
Raise my wrist to briefly show the watch at the same time start walking away whilst saying "I don't buy fake anything". End of conversation and encounter...

I certainly would not remove the watch from my wrist neither would I be rude or entertain further conversation with the person.
Aberdein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:53 AM   #71
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

No habla ingles...
Shrug...
Spill drink on jackwagons shoes.
Aye, madre de Dios.
Walk away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:55 AM   #72
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Your scenario is absurd..why would you care? They are strangers...

Anyone what would ask a rude question about a person's watch or jewelry are most likely jealous, your probably to get robbed later....

i just laugh and walk away! Why do you care and why do you think that stranger deserves an answer. Dude...Be better than that!

Ive had conversations about my Sub with others, that are watch owners and i have complemented them on their watch (non Rolex) and they talk about it and where and how they got it but they never really look at my wrist. you can tell when someone ask about what on your wrist whether they are watch enthusiast or not, because we love to talk watches with popele like that...
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:56 AM   #73
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
Im a talker so for sure I would be educating someone. And I would show it up close on my wrist.
People can be so rude these days
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:57 AM   #74
evlkoala
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
" Thank you, excuse me " and walk away.
evlkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 01:59 AM   #75
GregoryZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
thanks, it’s a decent fake i got off ebay and walk away.
exactly!!
GregoryZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 02:00 AM   #76
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I only wear fakes to house parties so I’d hand it to him
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 05:49 AM   #77
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebb90 View Post
Signal the sniper and walk away.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 09:57 PM   #78
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Probably just hand it over for further inspection, or offer up a water resistance test.

If the watch survives submerged for 5 minutes you know it’s real !

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 09:14 PM   #79
morglaw
Banned

I was at a small party in Encino recently and this actually happened to me, I didn't know some of the people there. It was a good party, i talked with the organizer, who is a very good friend of mine and he organized everything perfectly, ordered everything from https://georgesgreek.com/best-cateri...ice-in-encino/.
Anyway, a person at that party wanted to talk about watches and asked me to look my one, I decided to show it without taking it off. I don't like people to touch them too much.
morglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 09:45 PM   #80
Xenon
Banned

Let me have your attention for a moment. So you’re talking about what? You’re talking about, bitching about that sale you shot, some son of a bitch that doesn’t want to buy, somebody that doesn’t want what you’re selling, some broad you’re trying to screw and so forth. Let’s talk about something important. Are they all here? … Well, I’m going anyway. Let’s talk about something important. Put that coffee down. Coffee’s for closers only. Do you think I’m f****** with you? I am not f****** with you. I’m here from downtown. I’m here from Mitch and Murray. And I’m here on a mission of mercy. Your name’s Levine? … You call yourself a salesman, you son of a bitch? … You certainly don’t pal. ‘Cause the good news is you’re fired. The bad news is you’ve got, all you got, just one week to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight’s sit. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. ‘Cause we’re adding a little something to this month’s sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you’re fired. You get the picture? You’re laughing now? You got leads. Mitch and Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can’t close the leads you’re given, you can’t close sh**, you are sh**, hit the bricks pal and beat it ’cause you are going out. … ‘The leads are weak.’ F****** leads are weak? You’re weak. I’ve been in this business fifteen years. … F*** you, that’s my name. You know why, Mister? ‘Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That’s my name. And your name is you’re wanting. And you can’t play in a man’s game. You can’t close them. And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life. Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me, you f****** f******? … A-B-C. A-always, B-be, C-closing. Always be closing. Always be closing. A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention; do I have your attention? Interest; are you interested? I know you are because it’s f*** or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision; have you made your decision for Christ? And action. A-I-D-A; get out there. You got the prospects comin’ in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Guy doesn’t walk on the lot unless he wants to buy. Sitting out there waiting to give you their money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What’s the problem pal? You. Moss. …

You see this watch? You see this watch? … That watch cost more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that’s who I am. And you’re nothing. Nice guy? I don’t give a sh**. Good father? F*** you, go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here? Close. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you c*********? You can’t take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don’t like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the materials you got, make myself fifteen thousand dollars. Tonight. In two hours. Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad. You sons of bitches. Get mad. You know what it takes to sell real estate? It takes brass balls to sell real estate. Go and do likewise, gents. The money’s out there, you pick it up, it’s yours. You don’t, I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those sits tonight and close, close, it’s yours. If not you’re going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. “Oh yeah, I used to be a salesman, it’s a tough racket.” These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you, they’re gold. And you don’t get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They’re for closers. I’d wish you good luck but you wouldn’t know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your f****** ass because a loser is a loser.
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 09:49 PM   #81
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
Thanks, it’s a decent fake I got off eBay and walk away.
Thats it. I do this all the time wearing my full gold watches when someone asks and I'm not interested in conversation.

No need to impress people you dont know. Very important lesson in life that.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote