The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 29 June 2020, 07:41 PM   #211
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
SD43 is currently my favorite reference in my collection, and looks good on my 6.8 wrist. I always wanted to buy a Submariner date, but only wanted the green Hulk. When I got the Hulk I always thought I'm missing the look of the iconic Rolex black bezel diver so the SD43 was the perfect reference for me as it's not as common as a black Sub, and I like that. Getting the best of both worlds with the SD43. I got a Mk1 Jan 2020 dated card, so I guess some ADs still got the original anniversary dial. Anybody who has a small or normal wrist 6.5 to 7 (depends where you from) should not worry about the size, go ahead and try it first. If you have a flat wrist, or some muscle on it which I found increases the width of wrist, and not just the circumference you should be ok even with small wrist. If you are looking for a Rolex diver, nothing beats the SD43 in my opinion unless you want a green one like a Hulk or Kermit.

Another person posted about having a MK1 with a 2020 card stamp but it was a display piece. Interesting that there are MK1 watches still floating around. Makes me think the number of MK1 dials and MK2 dials are probably a lot closer then people think being the SD43 has been in circulation now for about 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 June 2020, 07:47 PM   #212
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
Another person posted about having a MK1 with a 2020 card stamp but it was a display piece. Interesting that there are MK1 watches still floating around. Makes me think the number of MK1 dials and MK2 dials are probably a lot closer then people think being the SD43 has been in circulation now for about 3 years.

Same person, so only still one.
Old 29 June 2020, 07:48 PM   #213
peterpl
Banned

You should not be paying anymore than $12k for this watch. Its dropped a big amount since its release. There is another 5+ years of production left so its not going to be collectible anytime soon.
Old 30 June 2020, 03:45 AM   #214
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Same person, so only still one.

Ah makes sense. Yours is a special watch situation for sure. Wonder why they sold a display model. I was In Singapore and they had display watches but told me that they were not allowed to sell them.

Old 30 June 2020, 03:47 AM   #215
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
You should not be paying anymore than $12k for this watch. Its dropped a big amount since its release. There is another 5+ years of production left so its not going to be collectible anytime soon.

I haven’t seen any for that cheap. But I agree the prices are everywhere on this watch. Up and down like a roller coaster. The MK1 dials are becoming harder to buy at close to 12k.

Old 30 June 2020, 04:00 AM   #216
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Other than a dip due to economic concerns over the Wuhan Flu, I don't see much change. Looks like the dip is over and prices are rebounding a bit.

I don't think current owner give a rat's ass about increases/decreases in price. Flippers and gray dealers will care, but then their rush to cash in before more price erosion may be the real reason for a small jump in SD43's hitting the market all together and moving the price needle.
Old 30 June 2020, 04:11 AM   #217
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Bought mine from my AD; it's a keeper and I have no intention of selling; the resale/grey market is of minimal importance to me. For those waiting for delivery, any increase in supply should be welcomed.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Old 30 June 2020, 04:14 AM   #218
Jonah10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeyers View Post
Hey guys,

Just FYI, I talked to David SW today and he said very recently SD43 prices have been dropping pretty fast on the grey/secondary market.

So even if you cannot get one at your AD, they should be close to retail soon with Trusted Sellers or TRF members selling theirs. From what I am gathering it should be very soon.

I guess the SD43's are starting to really come in to the ADs. So if you are on a list, it may not be that much longer waiting.

Daytona C's on the other hand are still strong with no sign of falling. So that is still an issue.

I am sure many here are aware of this but for those who are not, I thought I would just share that patience will pay off soon on the SD43.

On another note, I am looking forward to getting my BLRO today in Orlando.

You getting ur BLRO from an AD or DavidSW?

Old 30 June 2020, 04:41 AM   #219
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
Ah makes sense. Yours is a special watch situation for sure. Wonder why they sold a display model. I was In Singapore and they had display watches but told me that they were not allowed to sell them.

Policies change all the time I guess. I checked, and apparently some ADs still have old stock that they sell years later with a current dated card. I know an AD that still has some ss sports models in the case from 3-4 years ago. YM, black Milgauss, even the white dial Milgauss. I'ts normal in countries that don't have an active grey market. The same AD is releasing several references 10 years old with any date you want to put on the card. The big divers and Sky Dwellers (SD43, Deep Sea, SD other than blue ) are not popular in a lot of countries too, so I didn't find it strange for my SD43 Mk1 to have a 2020 date card. If it's without a crown the dial was produced in 2017-2018, and it's considered a 50th anniversary Mk1, because it's the dial that matters not the dated card. I'm not in the camp of the Mk1 being collectable in the future, but I thought why not. If you have a chance to buy a Mk1 or Mk2 you might as well go with Mk1 especially if both have the same warranty period.
Old 30 June 2020, 05:13 AM   #220
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmt2 View Post
Where do you see prices dropping? Davidsw is selling one for almost 16,000$ on his website and Ebay prices are also high.
fwiw, his post was 3 years ago.
Old 3 July 2020, 08:00 PM   #221
teabags001
Banned

SD43 Prices are dropping fast on secondary market

Quote:
Policies change all the time I guess. I checked, and apparently some ADs still have old stock that they sell years later with a current dated card. I know an AD that still has some ss sports models in the case from 3-4 years ago. YM, black Milgauss, even the white dial Milgauss. I'ts normal in countries that don't have an active grey market. The same AD is releasing several references 10 years old with any date you want to put on the card. The big divers and Sky Dwellers (SD43, Deep Sea, SD other than blue ) are not popular in a lot of countries too, so I didn't find it strange for my SD43 Mk1 to have a 2020 date card. If it's without a crown the dial was produced in 2017-2018, and it's considered a 50th anniversary Mk1, because it's the dial that matters not the dated card. I'm not in the camp of the Mk1 being collectable in the future, but I thought why not. If you have a chance to buy a Mk1 or Mk2 you might as well go with Mk1 especially if both have the same warranty period.

I agree with a lot of what you said other then you don’t think the mk1 will be more valuable in the long run. Honestly I was looking for the “perfect” MK1 set for the past few months. I can tell you that the price is jumping up about $1,500 from a few months ago at least. I can also tell you that they don’t last more then 3 days. Mk2 on the other hand seem to sit a little longer.

I only need to look at the submariner Kermit to see the potential for a true anniversary watch. I think you made the right choice. In the end it’s the dial not the date on the card that will make the mk1 sell for a premium in the future imo. It has all the hallmarks a collector will be looking for.

Closed Thread