The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 July 2020, 01:45 AM   #1
Tarheel Blue
"TRF" Member

Newbie needs help with Overseas

I'm new to the forum and sorry for starting a new thread. I am extremely torn between 3 options for my next watch, all new VC Overseas: 3-hander blue, dual time blue, or the dark horse (no pun intended), dual time black. I read a passionate review about the black dual time (also criticizing the brightness of the blue; discussing the various shades of black /gray in that particular watch) that threw me off my quest for blue a bit. The problem is that my AD rarely has a watch for me to see in person (they've never gotten the black dual time and have no blues in stock).

Of note: I am new to this world and currently have 3 rolexes: a SD43 (thus black dial with red writing already), a 2019 submariner date, and a 2019 Explorer 2 polar. Have stopped wearing the sub in favor of the SD43 and frankly don't wear the polar much either.

Any advice appreciated.
Tarheel Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 04:13 AM   #2
Nightdate
"TRF" Member

Go for the blue (3 hander). I did. I also went down the ‘too blue’ rabbit hole for a bit and almost decided not to get it. Very glad I decided otherwise. I have/had different colour dials and liked them in their own capacity so not a ‘blue’ fanboy per se. The 4500V actually looks the best (imo) in blue. And it really is a gorgeous watch.
Nightdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 08:04 AM   #3
Tarheel Blue
"TRF" Member

Thanks, that is helpful. Now for the kicker: would you trade the sub and polar for the 3hander?
Tarheel Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 11:15 AM   #4
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
I ordered the Dual Time blue dial. I haven’t seen one yet but seeing the blue 3 hander and trying on the silver dual time was enough. There have been rumours of VC asking stores to stop taking orders of the three hander on this forum, and I was just at my AD today and asked my salesperson about it, she told me you can order the three hander, but not the dual time. I guess it depends where You live, others have reported blue is readily available.

All this rambling to say that the blue is beautiful, getting hard to find in some places, and the fact you like the black may help you source one quicker.

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote