The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 August 2020, 09:54 AM   #1
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
IWC Portuguese Straps!

Anybody have an IWC Portuguese 500710 on custom strap? Let’s see em! Trying to get inspiration.

All IWCs welcome to post too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 10:01 PM   #2
motisingh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heff View Post
Anybody have an IWC Portuguese 500710 on custom strap? Let’s see em! Trying to get inspiration.

All IWCs welcome to post too!

Hi Heff,

Firstly, regarding straps... I haven't bought a custom strap yet as I love the originals but I'd love to get some inspiration from this thread. What I have noticed though is that a lot of the IWC keeper/loops for the strap break easily. I've had to replace two over the past 5 years.

So I have quite the obsession with IWC watches!

It started with a IW500703 that I bought about 2012 which is a stunning watch for all occasions. It looks great with a suit and even casually really caught the eye.

Then I started to wear a lot more gold and found this Chronograph in Red Gold on a trip to Vegas. This watch probably gets the most comments when I'm out as the dial is spectacular.

Anyway after years of rotating these watching along with a few Rolexes, I decided to pull the trigger and get myself a Big Pilot. My wrist size is small at 6.5inch but I have always been in love with the crown and history of the Big Pilot.

I have never worn a watch as much. It's perfect for a long drive, casual clothes and even works well with a blazer. I have a 116519LN WG Daytona coming but I doubt it will get as much wrist time as this does. The way it doubles up as a clock on the desk too is great. It's huge for my wrist but I enjoy it and find it comfortable.
motisingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 11:50 PM   #3
Heff
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motisingh View Post
Hi Heff,

Firstly, regarding straps... I haven't bought a custom strap yet as I love the originals but I'd love to get some inspiration from this thread. What I have noticed though is that a lot of the IWC keeper/loops for the strap break easily. I've had to replace two over the past 5 years.

So I have quite the obsession with IWC watches!

It started with a IW500703 that I bought about 2012 which is a stunning watch for all occasions. It looks great with a suit and even casually really caught the eye.

Then I started to wear a lot more gold and found this Chronograph in Red Gold on a trip to Vegas. This watch probably gets the most comments when I'm out as the dial is spectacular.

Anyway after years of rotating these watching along with a few Rolexes, I decided to pull the trigger and get myself a Big Pilot. My wrist size is small at 6.5inch but I have always been in love with the crown and history of the Big Pilot.

I have never worn a watch as much. It's perfect for a long drive, casual clothes and even works well with a blazer. I have a 116519LN WG Daytona coming but I doubt it will get as much wrist time as this does. The way it doubles up as a clock on the desk too is great. It's huge for my wrist but I enjoy it and find it comfortable.

Beautiful watches! I have an IW500710 in the safe that I will wear when my daughter is born. We are adopting again and she is on the way.

I always new I would get an IWC, but I was for sure it would be a Big Pilot. That watch is just fantastic, and you have to love the crown. How do you like the size of the BP?

The red gold is so nice, all of the perpetual calendars from IWC in red gold are gorgeous and I’d love to have one!

Old 27 August 2020, 12:16 AM   #4
motisingh
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on the future princess joining the family!

The size is actually perfect for me and it just gives me a happy feeling. I've always liked the bigger watch with casual attire and this works so well. I actually wear a DD 36mm and a OP 36mm with shirts to the office, but love this beast everywhere else
motisingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 02:22 AM   #5
Heff
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motisingh View Post
Congratulations on the future princess joining the family!

The size is actually perfect for me and it just gives me a happy feeling. I've always liked the bigger watch with casual attire and this works so well. I actually wear a DD 36mm and a OP 36mm with shirts to the office, but love this beast everywhere else

Thanks brother! We have the perfect sized wrists because we can wear slightly larger and slightly smaller. Best of all worlds.