The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 August 2021, 05:46 AM   #1
BigBallerBrand
Banned

Anyway to remove the polish from gold center links on TT?

Not concerned about resale value or if others will think my watch is fake, but I'm wondering if it's possible to make the gold in my TT bluesy more of a matte finish like how the inside of the bracelet looks. anyone ever try this? might not look good but wondering how I can make it less flashy without using my rubber b all the time
BigBallerBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 05:57 AM   #2
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Anything is possible.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 05:58 AM   #3
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
You're right, it won't look good.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 06:02 AM   #4
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Sadly your plan will look terrible. I’m all for removing PLC on SS if that’s what floats peoples boats, but matte gold on a Rolex bracelet will probably look terrible. I’d sell the watch and get something less, well, gold…
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 06:18 AM   #5
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Go for it.
My Blancpain FF is brushed RG and looks, IMHO, far better than the polished version.
It won't look terrible, it will look the same, as stated, as the underside.
Buy a Bergon fibre glass pen and carefully do it yourself.
Old 13 August 2021, 06:27 AM   #6
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
I think it would look a lot less flashy and probably good, at least if it's an oyster bracelet. I'm sure LAWW, or Rolliworks would be happy to do it. Here is a post from someone who did it with their SS GMT bracelet: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=766404
You do you!
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 06:38 AM   #7
Driver8
"TRF" Member

It's your watch, so if that's what you want to do, I say crack on. Tudor have brushed gold links on their latest TT models, and it looks pretty good.

However, you will have an issue that the bezel and crown on your 116613LB/126613LB will still be polished, so unless you get that done as well it may look a bit weird.

(And yeah, I know you're not bothered about it, but it'll probably look fake unfortunately).
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 07:21 AM   #8
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
It's your watch, so if that's what you want to do, I say crack on. Tudor have brushed gold links on their latest TT models, and it looks pretty good.

However, you will have an issue that the bezel and crown on your 116613LB/126613LB will still be polished, so unless you get that done as well it may look a bit weird.

(And yeah, I know you're not bothered about it, but it'll probably look fake unfortunately).
Yes this is a good point. Tudor does this with their two tone watches and it looks fine if that’s the look you want.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2021, 08:41 AM   #9
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post

I just looked at the Tudor and it looks very nice-
a brushed finish would also help hide scratches and swirlies that show up so readily on the polished gold
Old 13 August 2021, 08:44 AM   #10
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
If you don't polish the center links, they go to a somewhat matte finish by themselves.

Gold can be brushed just like the SS if you like that look, but the softer metal will tend to lose grain over time.
Old 13 August 2021, 02:24 PM   #11
MikePRT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallerBrand View Post
Not concerned about resale value or if others will think my watch is fake, but I'm wondering if it's possible to make the gold in my TT bluesy more of a matte finish like how the inside of the bracelet looks. anyone ever try this? might not look good but wondering how I can make it less flashy without using my rubber b all the time

Your watch so obviously you can do as you please…but why buy a flashy watch, and then want to tone it down and not like it being flashy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikePRT is offline   Reply With Quote