The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 October 2021, 02:32 AM   #31
JMtimes5
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36&41 AK LV DJ36
I love the white dial OP39. I was never able to get one. That being said, I don’t believe it’s rare. Rolex does not disclose how many watches are manufactured yearly yet it is believed to be in the 800K to 1M. It is therefore entirely plausible that there are “tens of thousands” (10-30K) white OPs made in 2 years.
JMtimes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 05:29 AM   #32
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT

Not going to forget my Daytona or Hulk OP as I like those too sir. But I do concur, this is quite simply one of their best and my personal favorite in the collection.

Congrats and wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 09:39 AM   #33
Golfbone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrole View Post
Just did a search on Chrono24 and on the entire site, worldwide, it appears that there are only 11 available https://www.chrono24.ch/search/index...ccessoryTypes=

As it was only produced for 2 years before surprisingly being discontinued (2018 to 2020), this makes it one of the rarest modern watches in Rolexes entire catalogue.

For those that has no experience with the Oyster Perpetual 39mm white 114300, it is a perfectly sized, discreet and elegant watch, dressing up or down with ease. Most importantly, it has one of the most captivating sunburst dial colours I have ever seen, alternating between white, eggshell and silver depending on the lighting.

Reviews here:

https://quillandpad.com/2021/03/05/w...erence-114300/

https://timeandtidewatches.com/rolex...k-wite-review/

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-o...ual-39-114300/

Forget your Daytonas and Hulks, this is now the Rolex OG for the discerning lady or gentleman.

I managed to get one and I plan to never sell it.
The short answer is no. Not particularly rare or expensive at all. https://www.chrono24.com/search/inde...ccessoryTypes=
Golfbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 02:46 PM   #34
watchamatic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbone View Post
The short answer is no. Not particularly rare or expensive at all. https://www.chrono24.com/search/inde...ccessoryTypes=
Not particularly expensive as far as Rolexes go but selling for a nice, unexpected premium over its less than $6k srp......
watchamatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 03:13 PM   #35
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

It’s okay to just read the forum. You don’t have to post.
HideMyWalletPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 03:14 PM   #36
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Yes they're nice, but this just comes across as a bit of a chest-beating hyping post because you bought one.

Enjoy your watch for what it is, not because of some perceived "rarity". This isn't the first post this week on the white OP39 - it's almost as if some market forces are trying to garner more attention.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 03:22 PM   #37
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Can you request a dial swap for this model at service if you have another colour dial?
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 04:18 PM   #38
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Lol. Clearly you want us to just agree with you so you can justify your purchase. So, sure Jan.
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 01:17 AM   #39
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Very nice watch, however

They may have been produced longer than believed…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5198.jpeg (72.9 KB, 331 views)
Old 2 June 2024, 03:00 AM   #40
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
I think you’ll find that, just like with the 116600, short production doesn’t mean much without large demand. And large demand is less tied to how few watches were made, but rather to how exciting a watch is.

I’d bet there are more folks passionately (or for other motives) wanting a Hulk for every 116610LV out there than folks wanting a white OP for every white 114300 in existence.

I for one wouldn’t mind a Hulk, but have no interest in a white OP, tried it once, not a bad watch by any stretch, but also found nothing too exciting about it. Only my subjective view of course, but perhaps a view that others share.

I for that matter see nothing exciting about Hulk either. A cartoonish, pastel green bezel anyone? Only a few years ago it was less popular than its black counterpart. Put them next to each other, take the hype out of equation …

belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 03:03 AM   #41
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raku View Post
No one is disputing this watch isn't great, but the OP believes it might be one of the rarest watches around, which I think it's completely wrong.

A rare watch would be an FP Journe, who make less than 1000 watches per year across their entire collection.

OP was probably referring to one of the rarest (Rolex) watches around - which may be correct. Rolex AD in Melbourne for example had ever had only one for sale.

belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 03:06 AM   #42
likelyhero
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrole View Post
Most importantly, it has one of the most captivating sunburst dial colours I have ever seen, alternating between white, eggshell and silver depending on the lighting.
Beautiful dial but not “sunburst” at all
likelyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 09:12 AM   #43
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
I think you’ll find that, just like with the 116600, short production doesn’t mean much without large demand. And large demand is less tied to how few watches were made, but rather to how exciting a watch is.

I’d bet there are more folks passionately (or for other motives) wanting a Hulk for every 116610LV out there than folks wanting a white OP for every white 114300 in existence.

I for one wouldn’t mind a Hulk, but have no interest in a white OP, tried it once, not a bad watch by any stretch, but also found nothing too exciting about it. Only my subjective view of course, but perhaps a view that others share.
I also wanted to like it, tried one on and it did nothing for me. I don’t think it has an easily adjustable bracelet
Old 2 June 2024, 09:20 AM   #44
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
I like it, I bought one in 2019.

Old 2 June 2024, 11:30 AM   #45
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

Congratulations OP that’s a great OP! I tried to get one when they were in production they were hard to come by (at least for me).
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2024, 01:24 AM   #46
2000-NJDEVILS
Banned

To the OP -
I like your starter Rolex watch and enthusiasm!
Regarding your premise of this being a “Rare Rolex”, And you got one, and you love it and just want to share your knowledge is laudable in general - but on this forum there are serious Horologists who will disagree with your assessment and assertions - and they may even make some legitimate points to rebut you - There’s no need to get upset at all - just learn from their experience and knowledge, take the criticism and save up for your next Rolex.
2000-NJDEVILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2024, 02:22 AM   #47
idk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-NJDEVILS View Post
To the OP -
Regarding your premise of this being a “Rare Rolex”, And you got one, and you love it and just want to share your knowledge is laudable in general - but on this forum there are serious Horologists who will disagree with your assessment and assertions - and they may even make some legitimate points to rebut you - There’s no need to get upset at all - just learn from their experience and knowledge, take the criticism and save up for your next Rolex.
Just awful
idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2024, 11:27 AM   #48
Kino888
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36
The 36mm white dial OP 116000 is even rarer :)
Kino888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2024, 11:34 AM   #49
MSL997
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 & 116520s
Thank you OP for your post, can you please post some photos of the sunlight dynamic you speak of with the color variations?
Old 5 June 2024, 12:01 PM   #50
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
You seem to be forgetting a very important part of the equation. Desirability
There are a lot of watches which are rare that nobody gives 3 thoughts about. It’s good that you like your watch, but your post probably won’t make it more desirable! Enjoy it though.
Old 5 June 2024, 02:56 PM   #51
Oldfellow
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBill View Post
Rarity is relative. The OP39 is a model that was produced for only two years, which is a relatively short production run for a Rolex. Demand is apparently strong since the secondary market price for this piece continues to increase. Whether or not you personally find it appealing is irrelevant.
Agree with your thoughts.
Beautiful shot.
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2024, 09:01 PM   #52
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-NJDEVILS View Post
To the OP -
I think the OP39 is a lovely watch, one of the nicest-looking Rolexes over the past ten years and a favourite of mine. Nice dials, no date bubble to ruin the symmetry, and it doesn't attract too much attention.

There probably aren't very many around because most people buy DateJusts and Subs, and it was only produced for a couple of years. In addition, with some people there may be a feeling of not wanting to buy the "cheapest" Rolex in the catalogue in case onlookers think that's all you could afford to buy.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2024, 09:43 PM   #53
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Rare but no1 really seems to bid this model up. I had and moved it on, don’t miss it. I felt the 41s wore a bit odd on me
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2024, 10:11 PM   #54
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

Rolex makes a million plus watches a year - even if a watch is produced for a month it's still not rare at all. The price of your watch will never fetch stratospheric amounts so i wouldn't worry about rarity too much
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 12:28 PM   #55
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
A rare and beautiful watch. Possibly my favorite watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg op39-w.jpg (160.2 KB, 109 views)
Old 6 June 2024, 12:35 PM   #56
fsprow
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Man Loves His Watch.
A good thing!
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 01:01 PM   #57
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
It’s a nice watch but Rolex makes a lot of other watches I’m interested in.
Old 6 June 2024, 02:06 PM   #58
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Is the Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm White 114300 now one of the rarest watches around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino888 View Post
The 36mm white dial OP 116000 is even rarer :)

The 36 mm silver dial is more striking, than the white dial Just ask me! Seriously, any OP is a nice watch. Interestingly, any of the newest colors were very hard to get from an AD. Congrats, OP! I’m seriously happy for you. Wear it in good health. Sorry some folks were so rough on you.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 05:27 PM   #59
Madman37
"TRF" Member

why do you all say mass produced. Rolex watches are mass produced but you all have no idea which model is produced number wise.

Lets say out of the million watches 10 daytona rainbows were produced per year is that mass produced?

Once you know this you cant use that term for models only the brand of watches.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 09:45 PM   #60
wm82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
why do you all say mass produced. Rolex watches are mass produced but you all have no idea which model is produced number wise.

Lets say out of the million watches 10 daytona rainbows were produced per year is that mass produced?

Once you know this you cant use that term for models only the brand of watches.

All the parts of the Rainbow are mass produced. Then a few of the parts are adorned with colourful stones. Yes it can be considered mass produced and slightly modified.
wm82 is offline   Reply With Quote