The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 October 2021, 09:56 PM   #1
h.eljamaly
"TRF" Member

Question about bracelet comfort and model recommendation for my collection!

Dear Rolex fanboys and girls!

I'm new to this forum, and wanted to share an experience then ask for recommendations.

My experience with rolex: Only with the 116000, blue, explorer dial. I like the model, there is a thing though that will make me sell it: Comfort.

The bracelet is more solid and perfect than any of my Omega and Seiko ones, but that's the problem; without micro-adjust the solidity becomes a negative better off having a lighter less well constructed and hence more comfier bracelet without the micro-adjust.

So I do love dive watches in general, but open to any recommendations;
I also had a recent huge upgrade in my job; entering a very prestigious specialty in my training; and was thinking of these watches:

1. Submariner either 116610ln or 126610ln or the hulk
2. Tudor BB58 - classic colour one
3. DJ - I won't be happy as I'm sure my aqua terra blue bond will always be more flashy and liked by me, unless I go the two tone gold/champagne ones, pretty nice

I took a photo of my current collection, the 116000 will be sold, plus a few seiko's.

Not to brag about another brand in Rolex forum, but seems my Omega calculations have been perfect, I never bought one and decided to ever sell it, it's like Heresy!, and I feel to judge/compare Rolex based on the most basic model I bought would be unfair.

I must add I love Seiko/Omega anti-reflective coating, and so if some model employs at least an underside coating as opposed to none, would be preferable. My wife isn't keen on adding watches esp Rolex, she thinks or knows I am crazy :)

Thanks
Hydar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.1.jpg (208.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 1.1.jpg (292.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 1.2.jpg (273.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 3.1.jpg (257.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 3.4.jpg (244.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 2.32.jpg (291.8 KB, 49 views)
h.eljamaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 11:06 PM   #2
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Everyone has different preferences...perhaps you just expected something different from your first Rolex and it didn't deliver. Perhaps you simply prefer Omega as a brand. I have a few Omega and they build a great watch. Perhaps you just haven't found the right Rolex yet. This hobby is all about figuring out what you like best.